Hideaway Strath nothing in comparison to that one minute
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Arturo listens to Hemlock as she offers him a response to his question, sparing a quick glimpse down at Eirlys whom has fallen asleep tucked against him. He offers her a soft kiss, careful not to stir her into consciousness before he turns his full attention to Hemlock once more. The words she speaks …the utter acceptance that she will never know motherhood for herself causes sorrow within the Fearghal monarch. He understands, of course. There was once upon a time that he thought he would never love romantically, that he was incapable of it. The most pleasant surprise was that he wasn’t incapable of it. He wonders if Hemlock and him are more alike than he realizes. There is a terse tug to his lips as he contemplates her words. Still, he does not see why that means she can never know what it is like to be a mother to children of her own womb. If it is what she wants …why should she be denied it? “Love often finds us when we least expect it, even when we think we are incapable of it,” Arturo speaks from his own experience, though. Still, he offers it as some sort of comfort though whether it accomplishes it’s goal or not he does not know.

“Are children contingent on love for you?” Arturo inquires, considering after the words are spoken how it may sound. “I mean, would you consider it if you respected the father even if you did not love him?” Subtly was failing him, or his nerves (ha, funny that) were getting the better of him. Frustration at his own ability to effectively communicate what he was trying to offer was in the furrow of his brow and Ceannasach shifted, careful not to disturb the snowdrop. “I’m afraid I am unsure how to offer this in a classy manner as I first intended to,” The gangster offers her a sheepish expression. “If do not think you will ever fall in love again, and children are your heart’s desire, Hemlock, I am willing to sire them, if you’d like.” Arturo does not stop to consider that this might put strain on their friendship but in the gangster’s mind it makes sense to offer it, because she has been with him since the beginning, because he wants her to be happy. “I do not aim to offend with my offer, I only seek to put it up for potential consideration.” What she does with it is entirely up to her and regardless of how Hemlock takes it Arturo will be as respectful as he has always been with her decision, or lack thereof.

It is not as if the offer is a small, minor one, after all; nor is it one that Arturo makes lightly.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
nothing in comparison to that one minute - by Arturo - April 09, 2017, 04:49 AM
RE: nothing in comparison to that one minute - by Arturo - June 07, 2017, 04:26 AM