Noctisardor Bypass I'll wait here and see which way the wind will blow [MONTHLY PACK HUNT]
I once saw the end of my life.
427 Posts
Ooc —
Pack Activity 
Wooo the long awaited pack hunt for this month! I do plan to do at least 1 per month now, but all wolves are welcome to hunt all the time. The monthly one will be where the whole pack comes together to bring down large prey. @Illecebra and @Noor may watch since they are pregnant and cannot participate in the hunt. @Rhona is welcome to join in, but I don't know if it's really her thing? If you don't want her participating then she can sit with the others and perhaps be there in case someone gets injured? Or join in, it's up to you! @Mawk @Semira @Horosk @Circe - Let's keep a post order on this for now! I'll give you guys until the 23rd to get a post in before this round ends unless everyone posts before then. I want to keep this going!

Gwen padded through the Elk Pass, just west of the lake. She had wanted to do this for a while, but now that the Caches had had to be emptied it was a necessity. They needed to hunt - and they needed large prey. The rest of the pack was following just behind her, and as soon as the Empress caught scent of the nearby Elk herd she grinned, turning to the others. Her voice was low as she had to avoid warning the herd of the pack's presence. "Okay - everyone ready? Does anyone want to request a certain task or is everybody happy for me to just deal out tasks?"

Her question was asked only because some wolves enjoyed one task more than another - for example, some wolves prefered to be the ones to make the final kill, and some prefered to be the ones chasing the prey to the others.

In this case, Gwen did not really mind who wanted to do what, but if they did not mind either she would just deal out different jobs to wolves she felt were good at that. This would be the first pack hunt with some of the newer members and she really wanted to be successful in this hunt. Despite the arrival of Spring and the plentiful prey it brought, the pack was low on food and they needed this.
[Image: 8rXo9x9.gif]
47 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Note: Momma Noor is still pretty banged up from the whole falling thing.

Gwen took the lead in the pack hunt. Noor stayed near the front so as to not lose the group with her slow pacing. It was difficult to enter the second stage of one's pregnancy while healing from a catastrophe such as the one which Noor had suffered only days before, but it had to be done. With the aid of the pack's healers, it didn't seem that unlikely that they would all make it through perfectly fine. Once the group stopped, Noor took her place by the Empress's side and leaned onto one arm, placing most of her weight on her stronger side.
This is a limited consent character! Please keep this in mind when threading with her.
For further details on this, visit her profile.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Illecebra followed close behind Noor, nearly flanking the injured and pregnant woman. She was not pregnant enough for the walk to cause her problems yet, but even so it took alot more energy then it used to. As Gwen stopped Illecebra took her place on the opposite side of Noor giving her a concerned look. She listened to Gwen's words toward the rest of her pack, and felt a pang of sadness and jealousy that she couldn't get up and run with them to feed the pack.
Raise a glass to freedom
129 Posts
Ooc —
Horosk followed behind quietly, shooting a small glance to @Semira as he walked. He and Mira were the only ones who knew about Kelina's arrival here in the Teekon, and it had been haunting his mind recently. There was nothing he could do to get rid of the nightmares that followed him, and honestly, this hunt was a good way to take his mind off it. Even if it was not permanent.

The agouti man glanced up at the others, then shook his head to Gwen. "I'm happy to go along with anything."
150 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
She kept pace with the pack as they padded quietly through the forest. Casting a casual glance to Hor beside her, allowing a soft smile to cross her features. It was hard for her to keep the information about Kelina from Gwen, as she was growning closer to the fae, but she wanted Hor to be the one to tell her. It was his information to tell after all.

At Gwens's words her auds flicked towards her, her heartbeat speeding up in anticipation. She smiled brightly and then spoke, "I'm comfortable with almost any position, but I'm stronger than I am fast." She was definently better at taking down large animals, rather than chasing them to their demise.
-By the light of the moon-

Hunter 2/5
Mercenary 3/5
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Mawk was not the best hunter, he knew that, but he was here regardless. He wanted to contribute as much as he could (like he normally tried to do) and the pack needed food. "I don't have any preferences to what I do, but I must agree with Semira. I'm the same." He could handle any position, and he wasn't all that bothered, but he thought he might let Gwen know just in case.

He just hoped they caught it - with pups on the way, both Noor and Cebra would have to be given extra food, and the others needed some too.
I once saw the end of my life.
427 Posts
Ooc —
Moving on to the next round! @Circe @Rhona You guys can still join in quick if you post in this round, otherwise we'll be moving on :3 This round will end on the 4th, but sooner if you guys post before then.

EDIT: Bump for @Noor @Illecebra @Semira (In that order :3)

EDIT No.2: @Illecebra we are going to miss out Noor since she has gone inactive!

She looked at each of the gathered wolves, smiling. She knew Noor and Cebra would rest at the side while they were hunting, so she did not mind them following as they got closer to the herd. In fact, they could just go and watch from wherever they wanted to, so instead she focused on the others that would be participating. "Alright, well in that case... I'll go to the right side and leapt out to scare it so it begins to run away from the herd." It would mean leaping straight into the herd, but it was a necessary task in this case. The elk - she knew since she had been scouting around the edge of the herd prior to the hunt - where sticking rather close together. "Then Mawk and Horosk can flank it on both sides - If you can land some hits on the elk's side and legs, as this should slow it down. Then Semira, I'd like you to go front if you're alright with it. Just wait opposite while we chase it toward you and when you believe it's close enough you can attack from the front. We'll try to bring it down by biting the legs first and it it falls I give anyone the honor of finishing it off it they are able to." It was a similar plan to last time, but it was one that had not failed her often. Besides, it wasn't exactly the same. Surrounding it was just their best option. 

She had tried to assign roles in the hunt that they had not done before (with the pack, anyway) so that they'd gain more experience from this hunt. With one last questioning glance at the others to make sure they were okay with their places she turned and began to make her way quietly toward where the herd was grazing. It was a small herd, consisting of one bull elk and around 6-7 cow elk? There were a few calves which was good, but they needed something larger. Luckily, there was one cow elk who seemed to have a limp. She wasn't completely unhealthy, and would certainly still prove tricky to bring down, but she seemed to be their best bet out of the adult elk. 

With a nod to the others, she began to crouch, stalking low - she soon crawled over to the right side, hoping Horosk would go left. Hopefully Mawk would be on the same side as her but a little further down. She waited then for the others to get into place. The Empress watched until the time was right and the targeted elk was grazing. The bull elk was the other side of the herd, so he should hopefully not cause a problem during the hunt. With a second nod to the others she sprang out of the bush and ran behind the elk, causing it to kick out its hooves in panic and begin to flee. At first it began going to the wrong way, but Gwen managed to just get to its side so that it turned and began to unknowingly head toward the rest of the pack.
[Image: 8rXo9x9.gif]
41 Posts
Ooc —
she arrived later than the rest, gliding through budding trees with a kind of deadly elegance as she approached. her expression was bored, dark, unhappy with being summoned now, when she had more important things on her mind. yet when she neared, the darkness vanished from her expression, to be carefully replaced with a type of excited panic. her steps became quick and clumsy with feigned nervousness, her ears slicked back against her skull. 

when she finally burst out towards the others, she surveyed them, panting as if she had been running here. " Sorry I'm late!" she burst out between gasps, gaze flicking from packmate to packmate as a sheepish grin danced on her muzzle.  She pranced towards her packmates, excited gaze flitting over to the herd and then to Gwen to listen to whatever instructions she might give. 

when her packmates moved, she moved with them, and when the time came to pursue the prey, she did so, heading left, and racing behind it, fangs bared to snap at it and drive it into a frenzy to wherever Semira waited. 
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Cebra listened to the plans for the hunt quietly, since she had no actual part in the hunt itself. She stood up once the pack began to move out so she could watch better calling out a soft "good luck!" To everyone participating before retreating back to lay a few feet away from Noor

The idea of Mawk flanking the elk gave her some anxiety, as it was the more dangerous end to attack from especially since Gwen had encouraged them to try and bite the legs if they could. It would make it easier for them to be kicked if they had their faces close to the dangerous hooves. She took a deep breath and held it in before releasing it, deciding to put faith in Mawk's ability to hunt and avoid being hurt.
150 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Her ears perked. The ambush position - interesting. She gave a sharp nod in agreement to the Empress before dissolving into the landscape. She slinked through the brush towards the opposite side, her head low and eyes watching. A female lifted her head lazily and Semira froze, her agutui coat blending into the background. The elk resumed its grazing and Semira breathed a sigh before continueing onwards.

She reached the area Gwen had suggested, her tail flicking in excitement as she crouched. She waited silently for her pack to flush the elder her way - anticipation writhing within her. Another emotion roiled around in her stomach - fear. It had been a long time since her last big hunt, possibly too long.
-By the light of the moon-

Hunter 2/5
Mercenary 3/5