Big Salmon Lake That depends, who's asking?
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Private 
EDIT: Little nudge @Birk c: Don't worry about replying yet if you are too busy, I just didn't want you to forget about this!
Fae, after discovering the new recruits, had decided to head out of the territory. She prefered her time alone, and seeing all these new faces was not really all that great for her. She didn't necessarily want to be on bad terms with her packmates, but honestly she was still a lone wolf at heart. 

At the lake, once she arrived, the silver wolfess lay down, stretching out her paws. It was rather sunny today, which... well, it was nice, she supposed. Though she would much rather it be winter. No matter, though. She could manage.

There was a stillness to the area - few movements startled Fae. There wasn't much going on around here, and she was thankful for that at the very least. It was peaceful - better than in Neverwinter Forest. She liked it there, but she needed her freedom and she had not left much after joining.

Ah, the quiet.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
427 Posts
Ooc — Me
ooc: hey! I am so sorry for the wait. Real life in terms of business goes up and down for me.

Birk had not intended to go to the lake that afternoon, but after visiting Bramblewood, which was his favorite place to have lunch at least once a week, he found it to be too crowded for his liking. Therefore he set out to the restaurant by the lakeside. Now and then the kind spirits of the waters offered decent fresh-water food - a dead fish, for example. Or some clams for those that were desperate (and could stand the distinctive poo-like stench that surrounded the decaying flesh within the shell).

However, as soon as he had come to this place he saw that his usual "table" was already taken by an unkown foreigner. "Oh, come on..." Birk said to himself, but decided to go and make an acquaintance regardless. "Hey!" he greeted, once he was within hearing distance. "I don't want to disturb you, but I believe that you have taken my place."
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
It's totally okay, I don't want to pressure you. Life can get in the way sometimes!

Faeryn almost jumped out of her skin when the voice called out - she had not been expecting it, nor had she really wanted to encounter anyone. But, she could not just send him away with a single glance. It would be nice to be able to do that, though. She met his rather warm gaze with cold eyes.  "What? Your place?" She questioned, flicking her tail. Already she was curious, not that she would admit it to anybody. Why she found this male and his claim intriguing was beyond her. But then again, who wouldn't be interested by a stranger approaching and saying that you had taken their place in a land that was free of boundaries and rules? Clearly this man had come here often, but this did not deter Faeryn.

"I believe it is not claimed, I'm afraid, so I can rest here if I like." She raised a brow at him, her stillness similar to that of a feline, graceful even as she lay. "Who are you, anyway?" A name was not really of interest to her, but perhaps it might come in handy one day. It was doubtful, but you never know, right?
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
427 Posts
Ooc — Me
ooc: I have time for spreeing for the next few hours.

"Yup. My. Place," Birk replied, emphasizing every word, closing the distance between them and taking a seat a little away from the lady. Of course, she was right - he had no more rights for the spot as any other around here, but he wanted to keep the argument for the sake of continuing the conversation.

"Your belief is quite wrong, but I forgive you this time. Not all people can read the signs," he said with a crooked grin, but it was clear that he was teasing her now. "Me - I am the person, who owns the spot you are lying on. Who are you?"
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Faeryn stared at him blankly, wondering briefly whether this wolf was crazy. The thought left her quickly though, as despite his claims, he did not seem to be too weird. "Uh-huh. And how do you plan to get me out of 'your place'?" 

"In what way is my belief wrong? There is no physical claim to this spot, I think you'll find." She almost snorted at how ridiculous this conversation was. "I am the person who is currently occupying this spot." Two could play at that game.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
427 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Uuuhh... I thought that you would never ask that," Birk said in reply to the inquiry about his master plans of getting the she-wolf out of that exact spot. He appeared to be weighing out his options for a bit, then he took a bold step forward and crouched down, his gazed fixed on the girl's face, while his tail was wagging excitedly behind him.

"I am going to grab you by the leg and drag you out of there. But since I am a fair wolf, I am going to let you choose, which leg to sacrifice for my noble cause," he said.
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
She raised her brow again, glancing at Birk curiously. She watched as the man crouched down, tail wagging excitedly. What was he doing? He soon explained. While Faeryn was not one to play, especially with total strangers, she was bored. And why not? Just this once, that was.

"Is that so?" She tilted her head, a sly, playful grin appearing on her muzzle. "I don't think you'll be able to get either, I'm afraid," She allowed her own tail to wag, and soon she was had lifted herself up just a little so that she was also crouching. "But you're welcome to try."
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
427 Posts
Ooc — Me
Despite her standoffish behaviour before, now Birk rejoiced over her willingness to play a game. It had been quite a while since he had been "nonesensing" (as his sister would call all activities that wasted energy, but didn't bring any results) and he felt very happy for the opportunity. 

"Watch me!" the white wolf replied and charged at the girl.
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
She had already decided that she did not plan on doing this again, but why not let out a little of the inner child she had been so sure she had lost? It was doubtful a moment like this would appear in her life ever again, so perhaps she should just make the most of it.

"....Except.... I'm training to be a mecenary, so watch out." She let out a small laugh as he lunged forward, and reared up to meet him. It was funny, perhaps, as they both seemed to be a similar size to one another. Faeryn believed that she could stand the impact, so hopefully he would not prove her wrong.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
427 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Like that is going to scare me away," Birk growled in return and, when the girl did not look as if she was going to back away or try to evade his attack, he changed his mind in the last moment, landing inches from her and then dancing away quickly. He got down in a play-bow and with a wagging tail regarded the mercenary-to-be. It was her turn.
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Faeryn stepped back as he danced away, chuckling to herself. She ducked again, rearing her head slightly and jumping on the spot. She darted forward and stuck her paws out just beside Birk and then drew them quickly back before letting out another play growl and leaping forward.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
427 Posts
Ooc — Me
The girl was quicker than Birk had expected - when she first sprang at him, he attempted to snatch her by one of the feet, but all he caught was thin air. The moment he spent looking around to locate his oponent, cost him a precious second, because there she was leaping at him, her body colliding with his and him falling on the ground with a thud. 

"Ouch," he yelped, when he felt sharp pain in the shoulder joint he had fallen onto. "Au... au... au..."
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
The, perhaps childish, play was bringing out a different side that not many saw. It was a part of her that she normally kept closed off, unwilling for anyone to unlock it. It seemed she had just forgotten about hiding it in the frolicking. Still, she did not recognise what she was doing, not until the man yelped in pain.

Somewhat shocked, she backed up, worry clear in her eyes. "Oh! I'm so sorry, are you okay? I didn't mean to..." Then the slightly colder expression took lead in her eyes, just like when they had first met. This was why Faeryn did not let others in - she ended up hurting people. She didn't want to hurt people. Even if this man was not hurt all that bad, it had still broken her out of the gleeful trance.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
427 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birk got to his feet, holding his right foot slightly above the ground level and examined it from "head" to toes. It was not broken, nor was it sprained, yet it hurt and he would probably have to ask Raven for some painkillers. She - after all - had all kinds of magic in their store.

Another glance at the girl and he was a little surprised by the sudden change in her demeanor. Aside from his pitiful yowling - everything was okay, wasn't it? "1:0 - and you have won my spot fair and square," he said with a grin. "Yet - the war has not yet ended - prepare for another battle next time."

"What is your name, by the way?" he asked, taking that they did not introduce each other in the beginning.
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Faeryn watched as the man studied his foot for a moment, deciding that it was not a serious injury. Still, though, the dove was slightly more wary. His next comment made a small smile re-appear on her face, even if it was slightly less bright than the previous one. "I will make sure to prepare for that." She joked, tail giving a slight flick of amusement.

"I'm Faeryn, but you can call me Fae. What about you?"
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
427 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Fae like fairy, right?" Birk quickly made the association between the two words and immediately he saw before his eyes a little, pale, hairless-chipmunk like and quite blood-thirsty being straight from those few myths he actually remembered. His recollection was faulty, however, but it was a good thing that for once he didn't blabber out everything he had on his mind. 

"I am Birk and I reside right next to that huge geyzer you see in the distance," he beckoned to the caldera, which was looming in the distance. "What home can you boast of?" he asked in a good humor.
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
"I don't know. Maybe." She shrugged. Fairies... what really were fairies? Many wolves, when she met them, seemed to make that connection with her, whether it was a good or a bad thing. It seemed others just had so many different ideas of what 'fairies' looked like. Perhaps her mother, whoever she was, had named her after fairies. Who knew?

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Birk." The silver wolfess glanced at the Caldera, and then focused her attention back on the man. "Err, well, right now I live at Neverwinter Forest, which is... that way." She gestured, but her 'home' wasn't very clear to see. "I.. I'm leaving it soon. I'm just... not meant to be a pack wolf. I'm not very social." She shrugged again, eyes hinting that it was not something she was necessarily proud of. "I don't... I don't trust others easily." Faeryn added, flicking her tail while shifting on her paws.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
427 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Not very social? I think that you are too hard on yourself," Birk countered and wagged his tail to make a point. "Not a butterfly or a chatter-box like me, but - hey - you have not tried to eat my face so far," he added light heartedly. Compared to his antisocial aunt Sheba, whose vocabulary consisted of only two words - growl and attack without warning - the fairy here was the soul of a party. 

"Where are you heading, if that is not a secret?" he asked curiously.