Hideaway Strath You got me helpless
Blocking my life is the fear of my future.
39 Posts
Ooc — Belle
All Welcome 
AW, August is just relaxing!

August had been out and tried her paw at hunting yesterday, and today she had tried to help mark the borders. She wanted to help - now that she was allowed to. It seemed, after all, that her previous life was so different to everybody elses. It was... odd. But she felt as though she was beginning to grow accustomed to the new way of living. She remained, however, Declan's little mouse. At least for now.

After tending to his small wound a few weeks ago, August had realised that perhaps her knowledge on plants and healing might come in handy. And besides, she liked it. She enjoyed studying new herbs and finding new ways to use them. It was this that had led her to begin working toward the caregiver trade. For it was not only being a medic that she found interesting, but also pups. The maiden had found that she adored pups. Just... everything about them.

Now the girl lay in the Strath, simply relaxing. She would do some more hunting in a bit, perhaps, but for now she was settled and, maybe even happy. Which was a feeling that before her time in the Teekon, she had never experienced. She loved it.
Caregiver: 1/5
you ain't seen nothing like me yet
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
Things were oddly busy. It was astounding how much bigger @Sirius was, and Hemlock was bringing him another rabbit for him to enjoy. His appetite seemed bigger; at least she thought it was to match his weed like body. As she neared the little nook she'd selected for herself and for her ward she spotted August, a female she did not know well. She let out a low chuff, it seemed she was fairly relaxed, but her posture promised no threat or concern. Just wanting to see her - maybe get to know her a bit. 

As much as she'd heard about the female she seemed rather reclusive and demure, but then, on first impressions no doubt lately Hemlock seemed sullen and militant; her mind was on the task at hand at that was simply the survival of Teaghaigh and the children that it contained. There would be time later for the warmth of spring and summer to seep through her hardened exterior. 

available for naturalist and medical threads just tag her!
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.

[Image: naturalist_master.gif] 12/20
39 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Sorry for the short reply!

August turned her head at the sound of a chuff, glancing at the wolf who the sound had come from. Her name was.... Hemlock? That was it, right? "Hello," she greeted, hoping to seem polite. She did not speak her name just in case she got it wrong, for she had never been all that good at names and a simple greeting would save her the embarrassment of getting it wrong.

She also wondered what she wanted. Not in a harsh way, but she was genuinly curious. Did she want something from August or was she just looking to chat?
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
[table width=80%][tr][td]
The response given was spoken gently, and Hemlock knew that she was still adjusting to being back just as much as anything else. It was almost overwhelming at times to consider that she had been gone so long and so much had changed even in the course of a few brief months. She drew in a breath before letting it out again, the rabbit settled at her paws. "Forgive me, names take me a bit." She said with a slight smile. "It was...August, correct?" Of the two females that she had known Teaghlaigh had added the other seemed to have vanished into thin air. "I am Hemlock Kali." She offered smoothly since this was their first meeting one on one.

[/td][/tr][/table]

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.

39 Posts
Ooc — Belle
"Yes, I am August. It's nice to meet you, Hemlock." She gave a small smile, hoping that Hemlock genuinly was this friendly. Too many times had she encountered 'fake' wolves, who were not who they pretended to be. In the Teekon there seemed to be less of these wolves, but for sure they were around somewhere.

You could never be too careful.
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
[table width=80%][tr][td]

If Hemlock had any knowledge of August's thoughts she might have laughed. She had no thoughts that she was nice. She felt bitter and jagged, most of her good moods served for the background of equally depressing thoughts. She had a purpose now that she was returned to the Family, but, she had kept isolated. It wasn't fair to her pack, either. "It is nice to meet you, too." Hemlock said with a thin smile. "I feel bad for not coming to meet you before since we have both been present...with as tumultuous as things have been, my pack relations have fallen to the wayside." Hemlock admitted. she wanted to change things, she needed to. Now that things were different and the pack was settling from the fallout they could change things - all of them would have to put in the effort. 
[/td][/tr][/table]

39 Posts
Ooc — Belle
August flicked an ear, listening as the woman spoke, before letting out a small sound that was not too different from a laugh. "I cannot say I have been much better... I guess I am too shy to purposely... seek anyone out..." Her words were still quiet, not as quiet as they had once been, but enough to show that her insecurity and general fear was still evident. She may be less jumpy, and overall more natural when it came to interacting with others, but she would never be as outgoing as some.

She couldn't forget her life before the Teekon.
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist

Hemlock offered her a gentle smile, giving a nod at August's explanation. "I've been fairly focused on Sirius," Of that she would freely admit. She wouldn't regret that either, especially as he grew and thrived. "What interests do you have?" Hemlock asked kindly. "If you ever need it, feel free to call on me for any medical needs or any herbal questions. It's been a passion of mine since I was young and my family made their reputations on healing and botany." She wasn't boastful as she said it - it was an honest statement. She couldn't remember one of her tribe who couldn't at least navigate the basics of healing. 

Though she had hoped to find more out, a distressed call from the young boy drew her attention. Hemlock offered a shrug and a brief nod of her head to the other female before she departed to find wherever the boy was.