Dreams
Maybe the wolf is in love with the moon and each month it cries for a love it will never touch
79 Posts
Ooc — Emina
Sky was dreaming,but that dream kept repeating itself each night. It just wouldn't go away. She was floating in a starry world. She had grown wings and was seeing her parents alive again. Each time she tryed to touch or lick her parents the actions just went through them. Only one thing was different tonight, her parents started to drift away.

Sky awoke with a jolt the sun was just starting to rise. She went up to the creek that she fell asleep by and caught a few fish and ate as if she had no worries. She took a few sips of the fresh water in the creek. She then sat there trying to figure out what her dream meant.
ís & steinn ♔ hjarta & sál
583 Posts
Ooc — Java
The sky had cleared, for the most part, but it wouldn't last. In the interim Njal spent his time trying to dry off. It was a pointless task that he quickly gave up on - no matter how much he shook off, the soaking grassland would only replenish the fluid that was cast away. So, he gave up the effort and began to peruse the edge of the river once again, having grown hungry since his early start; frequent patrols along the border meant he had to keep himself well fed. As he came upon one of his favored fishing spots, the warden paused.

A pale stranger was loitering nearby, her face tinged in red as if she had just finished gutting a prize fish; and while Njal was eager to drive them away, he knew that a wolf could not be this deep within the territory without being a true member of the pack. Njal tried to ease up on his defensive posturing as he approached, his tail flicking idly behind him and head level to his shoulders; when he was close enough to determine Fox's scent upon the stranger, he relaxed properly. Still, his head raised to show his dominance.

The girl just.. Sat there. At first Njal was curious, as she did not appear injured; but the brooding man could not just stare at her for hours on end - so he finally made a proper approach and rumbled a greeting, hoping that the deep sound would not startle her too much.
Maybe the wolf is in love with the moon and each month it cries for a love it will never touch
79 Posts
Ooc — Emina
Sky almost jumped a few feet in the air as she saw the wolf approach. When he came closer she just stared at him. "What is he doing here?" Sky thought. Her own mind answered her question " he must be part of the pack." She calmed down as he introduced himself. Her mind just kept repeating his name over and over again. "Njal" it was as if she heard of him before. Maybe Fox mentioned him. Maybe he knew of her dreams somehow.

Sky introduced herself as well. He looked at her as if memorizing what she looked like. She didn't mind this, everyone did it. They all wondered why she had a swirl and three dots around her eye. She didn't know either. She just said she was born with it. Though she thought that her swirl didn't have anything to do with her birth just maybe, maybe it was her ancient ancestors.
583 Posts
Ooc — Java
Njal didn't actually introduce himself. He only grunted at her! If he spoke his words would be in bold. Just so you know for future reference. I'll play it like he introduced himself though, if that makes it easier.

When the girl startled, Njal dipped his head an inch or two; flinching almost, while a sheepish expression crossed over his face. He hadn't meant to scare her. She only seemed to stare back at him though as he studied her, and in true wolfish manner the man reached forth with his nose - gathering her scent, so as not to mistake her for a stranger in the future. "You are new." The brute stated, his voice plain despite the slight accent that rumbled with the tone. He passed by her poised figure in the next moment, and reclined upon his haunches, looking out at the water. The scent of fish was around her, mingled with the fresh blood from her meal. "You can fish, that is good. The river is a place of bounty for those that know how to work it."
79 Posts
Ooc — Emina
Quote: I just saw him and thought he looked familiar how about that instead?

So he knew she was new. She chuckled when he identified her as new. Her mind wandered a little as he spoke. She tryed to think where she saw him. Then she remembered. She saw him in one of her dreams. He stood in a meadow and then I heard a loud noise and he dropped to the ground dead with a small hole where his heart was. She looked around to see who did it and saw nothing.

Sky snapped back down to earth as he finished saying that she knew how to fish. She replied " yes my second milk giver taught me how to when I was old enough." She started to think about how her second milk giver was almost her second mum. She noticed that the sun was starting to rise higher than before. She lost track of time again. Her mind started to think where the pack was. She asked him where they where and waited for a reply.
583 Posts
Ooc — Java
That works!

His question lingered in the air for a moment or two before she spoke a response, which Njal found curious. He said nothing as he listened. The transition from lone wolf to pack wolf was a tricky one for some individuals, and it seemed as if this pale girl had many things on her mind. The term milk giver was an odd one, but not too unusual; it was probably her way of referencing a caretaker of some kind, the way his family often referred to midwives.

The girl's question was met with a slight shrug of his boxy shoulders. Njal glanced away from the river and observed their surroundings, orienting himself a little so that he could give a proper response. "Our pack has been visited by many lone wolves lately, so many of the others are probably patrolling the lands to make sure it is safe."

A moment later he was looking at the water again, entertained for a brief time by the way the light played across the surface. A fish drifted by lazily, but Njal didn't bother it - he wasn't hungry enough to fish quit yet. As silence engulfed the pair again, Njal's attention drifted back to the new recruit. "I am Njal, one of the wardens," he finally stated his name and gave a small bow of his head, before asking, "What may I call you?"
79 Posts
Ooc — Emina
Sky was curious about Njal. She introduced herself to him"I'm Sky one of the newest members" Sky chuckled and bowed a little at the higher ranked wolf. She had only done this to higher ranked wolves. She doubted it was unusual. It was a form of submission to Sky. She remembered that she referred to her tecnical second mother."remember when I said second milk giver?" " that means another she-wolf took me in after my mother died giving birth to me and my father died when another pack attacked ours." Njal looked as if his own parents had died. Sky just looked away with tears in her eyes.
583 Posts
Ooc — Java
His name is Njal, not Nijl. ;)

She gave her name rather swiftly, and was submissive in the next moment. Sky, he pondered briefly, letting the name settle in to his mind. It was simple. When the girl next spoke, she mentioned family - but then her eyes filled with tears, and she turned away. Njal didn't expect such emotion, and being quite a reserved individual, he was a bit overwhelmed by it. "That is a sad story," the brute commented, feeling quite out of place with the awkwardness of the situation. "But you have a new family now. Or you will, once you meet the others."

All Njal could do was try and ease her mind, and hope that would help. With the girl's attention currently off of him, her face turned away, he took a moment to survey their surroundings again - hoping to catch sight of his wife, who was probably too busy on a patrol of her own. The man was uneasy, not knowing what else to do.
79 Posts
Ooc — Emina
Sky heard a snap of a twig behind them and her stomach growled. She then noticed she was starving. She could also tell that Njal was in an awkward situation. She wiped her tears and said a brief sorry about her feelings. She couldn't tell if he was looking for something. She suggested they go back to the pack.
583 Posts
Ooc — Java
And that's a wrap! Welcome to Swiftcurrent, I hope you have fun. :)

The youth caught upon the awkwardness in the air and was quick to dismiss herself - and while Njal hoped to ease whatever sadness weighed upon her, he did not feel the need to pursue. In his homeland it was uncommon for such grief to be openly displayed, and the rugged man could only stand and watch as she departed. There were plenty of other wolves in the territory that she could meet though - perhaps one of them would have better luck with her. Given the chance to continue his patrol, Njal began to saunter along the river's edge once again; he barely paid the new recruit much attention as he went his own way.