Swiftcurrent Creek [j] the king and his men
<p style="font-size:12px;color:#fff;text-shadow:1px 1px 8px #000;"><span style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;"><i><FONT COLOR="#454a5f">k</FONT><FONT COLOR="#44495c">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#414758">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3f4554">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3d4350"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#3a414c">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#383e47">f</FONT><FONT COLOR="#353c43"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#333a3f">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#31383b">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#2e3637">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#2c3433">s</FONT></i></span></p>
<span style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; text-transform:uppercase; color:grey;">avatar by <b>karmencita</b>; table by <b>java</b></span>
43 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
Attn. @Fox but all welcome! :3

The morning was warm, with only a slight chill upon the subtle breeze that pushed through his windswept but otherwise silken fur the color of ink, reminiscent of the feeling of a lover’s cool fingers combing through the tendrils. The pirate walked with a purposeful gait, following the fading scent of a pack wolf, hoping that it would lead him to the pack in question, though he was left feeling as if he was not so much tracking to see him to a pack’s borders to barter his way into the borders as a part of the crew but more as if he were hunting. It was with the same sort of predatory grace that he moved hoping, briefly, that he wasn’t following the trail the wrong way. As it was, Cutthroat had a very vague knowledge of the Teekon Wilds having been born outside of the lands, having heard stories of the wolves but having never sought them before it. After growing up in this discord that was Tortuga he wondered how he would take to the told strict structures of the packs here. Calypso had supported his adventure, encouraging him to fearlessly explore and live among “others”. Admittedly, they were an extremely rag-tag bunch, rambunctious, loud and brazen as brazen could be, and in the stillness and silence (despite that the lands were teeming with life) was almost disturbing to Cutthroat. There was a calmness here that gave Cutthroat the distinct feeling of being homesick.

Yet, he could not return to Calypso so soon for that would evoke her disappointment, and though she had never been the ‘world’s number one mum’ she had done the best she could by and for Cutthroat with what she had to work with. As it was, she was (as it seemed most females of Tortuga) loose with her men - there was little doubt in the teenager’s mind that was how he came to be - but instead of abandoning him to die as others had done she had loved him, nevertheless. Of course, he was garnered with the sudden suspicion that her encouragement of him “leaving the nest” had something to do with the fact that he tended to scare of potential suitors but there was nothing to be done of it now. She could have as many a men as she wanted without Cutthroat’s intervention.

Just as he could live without her intervention; in hindsight this newfound freedom wasn’t exactly bad just …unsettling a bit. After about an hour of tracking the scent he finally began to near the borders, slowing upon instinct, mindful to keep a distance between the pack’s borders and his body simply because that was how, his vague knowledge (and perhaps instinct) told him it was done. Irises of liquid gold studied the lands in the invisible borders finding that they looked no different than the no-man’s land he currently stood upon, but nevertheless deigned to tip his head back and call for a leader, hinting at his interest at joining their crew in his howl before it ended and he waited with a refined (and perhaps unusual) patience for someone to come and greet him.

Tempt the devil with an Angel's grace.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace determined to earn his way in the pack as both a warden and a warrior heard the howl that reached it's whispery tendrils across the land and he trotted off towards it. His gate loping and easy, while his ice blue eyes glittered and glinted as the sun hit them. Jace came upon another wolf black as himself and he wondered briefly at it. There seemed to be an abundant number of black wolves here, when where he came from it had been rare.

He stood tall and erect his tail above his back and his eyes studious and knowing as he studied the other in front of him. "I am Jace What brings you here friend? He tilted his head and waited for the answer that would come. He was no nonsense about it, finding he was becoming more comfortable as the days wore on in his own skin. As he studied him he realized who he was and spoke again Wait a minute I know you. What do you want here? His easy stance soon went into a defensive one.

Edited this for obvious reasons but i can change it again if needed.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
<p style="font-size:12px;color:#fff;text-shadow:1px 1px 8px #000;"><span style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;"><i><FONT COLOR="#454a5f">k</FONT><FONT COLOR="#44495c">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#414758">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3f4554">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3d4350"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#3a414c">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#383e47">f</FONT><FONT COLOR="#353c43"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#333a3f">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#31383b">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#2e3637">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#2c3433">s</FONT></i></span></p>
<span style="font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; text-transform:uppercase; color:grey;">avatar by <b>karmencita</b>; table by <b>java</b></span>
43 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
My first post is now entirely irrelevant given what went down in the Blackflag Crew vs. Swiftcurrent Creek thread soooo...this thread, accordingly, should be fun!

There was a moment when the inky teenager of a Pirate wondered if this wasn’t absolute suicide. It had been a couple days since the stand off had went down and Bones had ran off - similar, as Cutlass told it, to the way she had sprang from Tortuga the first time - with Cutlass and Corsair. The three others were dead at the paws of these wolves and though Cutthroat himself had only been trying to help Crossbones, having somehow managed to avoid the fighting in the mass chaos that had ensued. Still. There was nothing to say that they weren’t going to kill him, too. No matter what he had been apart of it. Apart of the carnage and the wrongness and now he sought them out at their borders seeking acceptance. He had to be mad. Mad and …guilty. Cutthroat felt guilty for coming with them to bring Crossbones back as if she were a small child in need of reprimanding but she hadn’t been. She’d been an adult, fully capable of making her own decisions. It was not fear that had kept him from going back with Cutlass and Corsair though, instead only disgust. The right of parley was always granted, always and both of the women had acted as if it didn’t exist outside their lands.

A black brute soon approached on the other side of the borders and just as Jace recognized him, Cutthroat recognized Jace as one of the first wolves from the Creek’s side to attack. No questions, no parley. Just violence. “Aye,” Cutthroat drew in a deep breath, figuring honesty was the best policy here though he was not so sure he trusted Jace any more than he trusted Cutlass or Corsair. His trust in everyone had rightfully sort of been depleted given the twist of events until he was left trusting no one but himself. “Look, I know I was with them but …but I didn’t realize they weren’t going to give Crossbones parley. I didn’t…,” He drew in a breath as he hurried to defend himself realizing that for all his bravado he was afraid to die and having seen what these Creek wolves were capable of he had no doubt that they would do it if they wanted the last loose end (aka him) gone. “I tried to stand up for her, to defend her.” The dark Pirate finished, not sure even if this male cared. Cutthroat realized what he looked like and darkly glanced at the ground for a few seconds, head hung in what was sincere regret. Granted, Cutthroat hadn‘t attacked for her but he had tried to speak up not that it did him any good or got anyone anywhere. “Cutlass and Corsair are lyin’ wenches. It’s why …why I didn’t go back with them.” Of course, he wouldn’t be there to continue to stick up for Crossbones but then again the two women would have probably just killed him anyway and he wasn’t any use to her dead, either.

In truth, Cutthroat wasn't really sure why he was here, why he did not seek refuge somewhere else. Somewhere safer for him, disconnected from the incident.

1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace could not believe the brazen audacity of the wolf standing in front of him. What was he thinking coming here. Jace would not kill him yet, that would be a decision for Fox and for Fox alone, but if she wanted that order taken he would do it without a second word. He did know however that this one had stuck up for bones and had not aided or fought against either wolf, that may stick in his favor, but Jace was unsure. Fox was not one who forgave injustices easily. This time he would need @Fox before he could go any further with this meeting.

Jace shook his head and sighed, For that I will not kill you on sight. I do not like violence as a rule but once one of mine is threatened. he shrugged. He did not know what a parley was but it must be some sort of meeting. I am afraid that I am unable to do anything for you. Except maybe point out that you did stick up and did not fight. However this is a decision for our Alpha Fox and she does not forgive easily. With that he tipped back his head and howled out for the little spit fire they called fox hoping today she was in a good mood for the sake of the other's life and for the sake of his own soul.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
Ferdie the usually groomed male was less groomed now his pelt shaggier the dried blood from two days ago not removed and his ribs were beginning to show, but this did not stop him. He was still useful in some way even if he had stopped caring about himself entirely.

The brute stomped up, his tail high over his back, though should fox draw close his tail and posture would quickly adjust to below hers. He bared his teeth his low steady growl aimed at the male, though he didn't attack yet, That order had to come from fox this male hadn't shown any desire to attack but he hadn't yet properly submitted either. Just excuses fell from his maw.

Ferdie's eye nearly twitched; he was so angry he could barely speak. His eyes were glazed with fury, He was nearly at a breaking point, one that Jace might recognize; one that Ferdie had tried to save Jace from, but Jace's voice would not cut through his anger, Jace could do nothing physically to stop Ferdie Von Pelt, He was designed to listen to a feminine voice.

If looks alone could kill cutthroat would simply drop dead where he stood. Ferdie stared down at the male and waited, waited for the male to do something, If he dropped and submitted that might break Ferdie's trance or if Fox to arrived her voice alone could calm him, something had to happen before the brute broke down and took cutthroat with him. His growl had yet to cease filling the air.
incautious red wrecking ball amwelles · amwelles
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Fox had made it quite clear that the Tortuga wolves had two choices: flee or die. Some of them had chosen the latter, and that was their mistake, not hers. She would not take responsibility for their deaths, nor should those who drew their blood. It was their choice to die, and they had made it. Fox felt no regret for what she had done and the orders she had given. It was the way of the wild, and she would not be made to look weak. Still, they had lost Bones, and she intended to tell Perry about it sooner rather than later. It was only after she had nursed her own minor wounds that she had decided to make the trek toward Blacktail Deer Plateau.

She hadn't taken three steps toward her destination when a call rang out. Fox bristled, if only because she was more fiercely protective of her home now. Her pace was slower than normal, hindered by her bruises and minor lacerations, but she made her way in due time, and came upon Ferdie, Jace, and... “You,” she hissed at the Tortuga wolf, teeth bared and hackles on end. While Fox was usually quick to attack (as this guy knew from witnessing it first hand), he was her only lead to get Bones back.

“Ferdie, Jace, stay close,” she commanded. It was three against one, and Fox would not let this one get away like the two females had. Despite her wariness of him, she subjected him to the same observations as she had Scimitar. Then again, this one was obviously a bit younger. “Explain yourself, or we will kill you.”
Pregnancy timeline (RHC members only)
43 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
Oh, that’s it Cutthroat return to the wolves that threatened to kill you and ask to become apart of their pack, because that’s a stellar idea! The inky pirate thought with a venomous amount of sarcasm in the hopes of chiding himself for his own stupidity. Cutthroat shrank back as another - also recognized as one of the ones that had joined in on the fight that night - came bearing down upon him, nothing but hostility. It was well earned, Cutthroat knew. The newest male held an impressive growl, relentless, apparently relinquishing the necessity to breathe, Cutthroat thought with sour cynicism knowing this was no time for witty remarks. It was almost astonishing to the inky teenager how he could still manage wit (even if it didn’t dare leave his lips) at a time such as this. The fire kissed female that had attacked Corsair came barging onto the scene as well, reminiscent of the way they had all melted or rather flung themselves out of the shadows around the Blackflag wolves. She addressed him in a hostile hiss, filled also, he rather thought, with an accusation. Not that Cutthroat could blame her. Or any of them; and no matter how badly he wanted to defend his life - the instincts to fight or flight had began to hum in his veins - Cutthroat also realized that he had no right too. After all, what kind of idiot went back to a pack that had threatened his life? Obviously, it spoke unflattering volumes about Cutthroat, even if he didn’t want to admit it.

There was another death threat - a reminder and a command to explain himself. He lowered his eyes and wondered if facing this was better than facing Cutlass’ and Corsair’s ire. Now, he wasn’t so sure. For a moment Cutthroat wasn’t sure exactly what he was supposed to be explaining aside from the fact that he was guilty, and confused and that he was generally surprised he could tell his face from his bum?; gradually he began to feel the pressure and all that rode upon his words like a crushing weight atop his shoulders as three pairs of eyes looked at him as if he were a devil of the seas. Maybe he was. “I’m sorry,” It was too late for apologizes, too late for regrets but it was imperative, somehow, that he spoke of his genuine remorse before he was killed. “I know it probably means nothin’ to you. I didn’t know that …that things were going to happen like that,” But Cutthroat thought that really didn’t matter now because they had happened like that. “I guess …that I want to atone for it. For what they - for what happened.” Even if it meant his death, then so be it.

“So if it means I have to walk the plank to atone then do it.” By walk the plank he meant be killed, but there was something more comforting for the inky teenage Pirate to say 'walk the plank' then there was in saying "kill me if you must".

Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
Ferdie had somehow manged to growl on both the exhale and intake of breath but when Fox arrived he took several steps back and stopped his incessant noise, but having been unable to breath correctly, His breaths came in pants for a minute or two, his ribs showing as his breathes huffed in and out while his lungs took in the air needed to keep him alive.

Soon he was fit, he stepped up behind fox and offered the male an emotionless deadpan stare, he stayed close offering her as much support as he could, it was not his place to question the wolf before him so he simply waited, staying in a dominate stance though his tail was not higher the Fox's showing the male before them he was to submit to her.

Posted this ooc after Danni's post with Jace.

ERK!!! sorry I was trying to post in order I jumped ahead again. grrr
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sorry guys missed this post I'll go after Ferdie from now on.

Jace stood listening to the excuses and then the apology that fell off of the brute standing before him's lips. DId he expect freedom? More importantly would Fox give it to him. Would she allow him that when he had not fought enough for Bones's own freedom in Jace's mind. The other wolf could have joined the fray instead he had watched along the sidelines trying hard to make wolves listen that wouldn't.

Jace heard the command from Fox and he flanked her other side as Ferdie got into a defensive position as well. He watched and listened unsure what would happen now, but Fox would be the one to do so now.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
With Ferdie and Jace at her side, Fox narrowed her eyes on the Tortuga wolf as he spoke of apologies and atonement. If Lecter had still been around, she would have sentenced this one to lead a life beneath the old, stinky shaman. As it were, she did not have that handy guy around anymore. Still, there had to be some way that she could keep him here and use him to get Bones back. She pondered this quandary for half a minute (or so) before licking her chops and opening her mouth to speak.

“Since Tortuga has taken one of ours, we will take one of theirs. If you try to leave us, we will hunt you down and drag you back. If you outrun us like your pack sisters did, we will make sure to kill any Tortuga wolf on sight.” Since he seemed so hell-bent on making sure there was less violence, she thought it was a fair and just punishment. One that he could adhere to, and one that would have serious consequences. “Do I make myself clear?”
43 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
It was with a slight trepidation that Cutthroat tore his attention away from the two males that flanked their fire kissed leader to said woman. For the moment, he ignored their stares, heavy upon him, causing his skin to prickle with the ferocity of their eyes upon him. There was a stretch of silence that while it lasted, maybe, half of a minute at most seemed to feel like it took a lifetime or two, like the pulse beneath a bruise: slow and torturous. Fox’s words were not - he was briefly surprised but did well to hide it - a death sentence and not even a real proposition - and really Cutthroat didn’t deserve options since he had been the idiot to return to these wolves after what had happened with Bones - it was more like …terms of imprisonment. Something he knew well from growing up in Tortuga. Not all pirates killed, a lot of them took hostages until they got what they wanted and then let them go, or worst case scenario took them as prisoners.

Cutthroat only barely resisted the urge to correct Fox that Cutlass and Corsair were not his sisters (even on the terms of pack as she had meant it) and that he would rather die than be associated with either of the scurvy ridden wenches any further than he already was. Upon closer examination, Fox’s conditions were not unbearable and if Cutthroat was being honest with himself, probably more than he deserved. “Aye, Captain,” He agreed. It was only then that the teenager peeked up, wondering what exactly would happen next.

Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
Ferdie finally spoke, his voice gruff and sore sounding. Questions had to be asked Where did they take Bones, and Why? and since they came for bones will they come for you? Ferdie's expression didn't change he meant for each question to be answered in turn. He huffed gently on Foxs shoulder, He meant no disrespect to her, he still felt it was not his place to ask them. The Brute was just tired of this tail chasing thing, nothing cutthroat was doing added up. Was cutthroat some sort of spy? Where would his loyalty's truly lie. Ferdie also wanted to know for Fox's sake if they needed to prepare for another assault.

His question fell silent as did he, while awaiting the answers. His expression held that same deadpan stare, even though he was thinking that tying up cutthroat like a dog might teach him some manners. and keep him in place, but then someone would have to hunt for him and guard him. He choose not to express that thought; funny as it was to picture.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace was a bit surprised at Fox's decision, but he felt it was warranted. The othe rwolf needed to learn that the Creek was not to be messed with. Perhaps even in time he would become an asset to the pack and be worth the life he was given. After all this in a way was a mercy sentence, he and ferdie could have easily killed him as he was certain both Fox and this tortuga boy knew.

He had to agree with Ferdie's questions. Would they come back? Would he have more lives to take? But the most important question of all was never voiced, would he ever see Bones again?
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Sorry Fox is such a butthole, Kris! I feel bad that Ferdie always gets all the Fox anger. I think he's such a cool character. ;-;

Don't undermine me, Ferdie,” she snapped. Fox was (in her mind) perfectly capable of making these decisions. Did he not think that she would ask these questions. First, the captured had to be softened up. Only then would she be able to wring the answers out of him. It was possible Ferdie had ruined her whole plan, not that it surprised her. Why did he have to be so inconsistent?!

“You,” she said, eyes locked on the Tortuga wolf, “come with me.” To Jace and Ferdie, she said nothing, hoping they would get the hint to stay behind. She would insist that he slept in her den so that he would not be able to sneak away in the night. Now that Haunter had left them, there was plenty of room, and she did not trust anybody else to keep a close enough eye on him. Deep down, she still felt responsible for the loss of Bones. If only she could have done more to keep the girl here.
43 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
Cutthroat’s eyes, though he remained in a submissive pose, flashed to Ferdie, liquid gold and cold as the metal at the male’s demanding questions. As for where Cutlass and Corsair had taken Crossbones - that was obvious, they had taken her back to Tortuga where she had came from, what Crossbones had been screaming though no one but Cutthroat it had come to seem to the inky pirate had heard. Her screams of peace, of parley still echoed in Cutthroat’s mind as the shame and guilt washed over him. There could have been a much more peaceful way to get out of Tortuga but as circumstance would have it he had let Corsair and Cutlass charm him into aiding them on their fools’ errand. And while Cutthroat hated to be the bearer of bad news - and of this he did not plan to tell them any time soon in case Fox decided he was no longer useful to her and did decide to kill him - he did not think Cutlass and Corsair would be back for him. In reality, he meant nothing to either woman, even less now that he was more or less a traitor. When the fire kissed leader snapped at Ferdie, Cutthroat hesitated unsure now if he should answer even one of those questions and so settled for silence hoping that it was the right choice.

Fox addressed him then - at least he assumed that ‘you’ meant him since he was not aware of her name, nor they his, really - and his eyes went to her, obediently, drawing after her as she beckoned him to. Cautiously, he shrugged past Jace and Ferdie, unable to keep himself from wondering where Fox was taking him. For a few seconds he considered giving her his name but then decided if she wanted it, she would ask for it. At this point, Cutthroat had decided it was better to adopt to the ‘don’t speak unless spoken to’ rule given the circumstances that he was allowed into Swiftcurrent Creek.

1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Last post for Jace

Jace watched them go, he had winced slightly at the sharp tone of Fox to Ferdie, but he realized she was probably stressed and hurt as all of them about bones, maybe more so than them. It still wasn't kind for Ferdie, but in the same way he could understand why she snapped at him.

jace shook his head and wondered what he should do now. He waited to see if Ferdie would want to hunt, or chat or something before he went on his way.
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
Why, why did he always make a fool on himself in front of her, today his impatience had gotten the best of him. A few weeks ago his overly fatherly instincts. Before that his mismanaged attempt at telling her his story and before that ... the list went on and now an outsider was to sleep close to Fox, in her den even. His heart broke....

Ferdie's legs shook and then he slid to the ground and lay down only after both Fox and cutthroat left. He closed his eyes and shut out the world, not ready to respond even if Jace did prod him. In fact at this time if a bull elk choose to run him over Ferdie would just accept it.

Exit Ferdie into darkness