what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Private 
This is reposted to fit in my timeline. ^^;

It had taken a few days for Thuringwethil to realize she is mostly pain free. She can go an entire day without straining too much and there’s no soreness by the end, nor does she feel the weight of the day when she’s sleeping outside Wildfire’s whelping den. For the first time in a long time, she decides to expand her walks outside the claim of Drageda. She finds @Eske early in the day for the mission and she leaves from the southern point of the forest into the sound.

The tide is low and she is curious about their new neighbors. They must not have spent a lot of time off the island since their meeting, or else she would (or should) know, but there had been a promise made the day to see what land they are to reason over.

For the first time, Thuringwethil finds the first signs of a sand bar leading off the sound close to the forest of the sound. She understands the tension of that day, having not been able to explore the full length of the coast, but she does not worry much about it—at least for now. The thought of expansion still linger in her mind, now that they have taken a lot of space out on the cliffs and they have a lot more mouths to feed than they did when they first arrived.

The train of thought is interrupted as she glances back to her guard, keeping a little distance for leisure between them, and she lifts her head and rises for voice for the dark matriarch. Heda does not know whether or not @Akantha can hear her call from the island to shore but it is worth a shot when she does not feel comfortable finding her way along the sand bar without a few more at her side.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Eske follows after Heda as the Commander comes to her early in the day for the mission. The Cheka keeps the distance of leisure that Thuringwethil has made between them, eyes observing, ears alert atop her skull. She is Cheka and it is her duty to protect Heda. She is ready. The Drakru sweeps her gaze to take in the Sound as the pair make their way to it’s shore. It is familiar territory to Eske who remembers the night she came upon the Sound before they had moved to Drageda and observed the bioluminescence that causes the water and stretch of sands that it touches with lapping waves like greedy fingers. It felt like so very long ago. There has been much change since that night and Eske cannot help but feel that such change is merely continuous. The future is a mystery and what she is sure is concrete in the moment she now understands may be so very different three months from now, or even a week. The pair stop and Eske takes position, stalwart and watchful. As Heda looks to her she offers the Commander a sage nod of her head despite that Eske does not think that Thuringwethil was looking to her for any sort of confirmation — before her ears up forth and eyes snap to the Islands beyond waiting to see if Heda’s call will have an answer.
[/td][/tr][/table]
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
— your hands are wet with the blood
of an empire. you lick it off.
fury, oh fury don't you misguide me
228 Posts
Ooc — Siro
Answer she does.

Akantha awakens from her nap to the sound of the Commander's resonating howl echoing from the distant shore of Ankyra. She blinks open weary eyes and rises to shake the detrius from her pelt before her mind is fully cognizent of the movement. She moves on auto-pilot as the fogginess of sleep slowly receeds—she'd been preparing for this moment ever since their meeting. A part of her almost calls upon Kalika, or Indie, but she bites her tongue. The Matriarch felt as if this was something she needed to do alone. She did not fear the Commander, but she was wary. All storms had the potential to do great harm if given the chance.

It did not take her long to reach and cross the sandbar to meet them. She carried herself with the same confidence she always employed, but offered her respects to the pair by keeping her ears relaxed against the jagged fur of her mane. It didn't surprise her that Heda chose to bring a guard, but it did solidify her decision to leave Kalika and Indie out of this for now; the show of trust on the Matriarch's part would, hopefully, not go unnoticed.

Akantha came to a stop before them both and bowed her head to each in turn before settling her attention on Thuringwethil. Try as she might, she was unable to hide the open curiousity she harbored towards the Commander. "Heda," she greeted, remembering the proper notation for her status. "thank you for the oppertunity for us to talk under less pressing circumstances. I hope you'll find our home to be to your liking." 
Blood is running deep
Some things never sleep

Teal dialogue is Greek. Uncolored dialogue is common/english.
Check out NEREIDESpedia for more information.  
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
I'm not sure if @Eske is going to post regularly so we may be able to continue on?

Akantha carries herself with power Thuringwethil is familiar with. She moves with generations of secrets and teachings as a leader to her wolves in the same sense Heda does, and those before her. Admiration for the leader is not hidden as she approaches and welcomes someone that shares a similar plane. Maybe Akantha does not know it, but it is there anyway.

“I have looked forward to it since our first meeting,” she says with a gentle wag of her arched tail. Thuringwethil steps forward without looking behind her for her guard’s presence, knowing her to follow as long as she’s working. The only offer she has going forward, however, is the slight drop of her tail to become even with her body. This day, this meeting, is in the paws of the woman before her and Heda allows the woman to lead their direction as she sees fit.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place