Raven's Watch Femme fatale
56 Posts
Ooc — Chey
All Welcome 
For the NightWatch Wolves! Specifically @Bane

Merrigan had travelled around this long espanse of land for months now, but had only tried to join one pack. Said pack hadn't really worked out for her, as she was toyed with and then sent away from the borders by a really negative and angsty girl. Merrigan had set that behind her though and was now patiently waiting for a new pack that suited her tastes to be found. She had passed many borders of course, but none spoke to her or intrigued the warrioress in the way that the blood covered, gore spattered borders in that forest had.

Her stomach was full and she was content to lay still for the moment, and to just relax on the overlook. She watched the water below her move, and her ears picked up the comforting sound of the water moving against the banks that held it in. Part of her was yearning for yet another fight, she had found many interesting Adversaries in the months she had been in Teekon. A huge and challenging obsidian man, A woman the color of snow, Another black hued wolf though this time it was a female. The warrior's spirit within her was an endless burning flame that would only go down to a simmering heat when she had satisfied her craving for a good fight. Thinking about calling for a challenger she shook her head and chose to simply lay in peace for a few moments.
Warrior(3/5)

I'll be the ghost that haunts you
70 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
[table][tr][td valign=center] [/td][td]
When the child was without an adventure to take or the need to satisfy natural urges, he wandered. Aimlessly and thoughtlessly, he trekked through the territory, mindful always of his surroundings. Each time he neared a path that would carry him beyond the Watch, the boy would turn around and head in the opposite direction, not yet ready to trek too far whilst unaccompanied by the great northerner. After so many steps—at times, it almost seemed as if he might be counting them—the wraith stopped and sniffed the air, inhaling as many scents as he could pick through without overwhelming himself. They were usually the same each time his body was stilled, consisting of the various other wolves who occupied the land; these creatures he avoided, altering his direction when it was necessary so that he wouldn’t run the risk of crossing paths with them. This time around, however, something was different. As the child slowed to a stop and sucked in a breath, there was an unfamiliar scent intermingling with the rest. Sneezing, he forced the smell from his nostrils and then scrunched up his face, right before setting off to locate the source.

Eros’ search was drawn to a close as he neared a water source, his gaze having landed upon a wolf. From a distance, he observed her, wondering if she might be dead. Inching closer, he discovered that the wolf was still very much alive, resulting in a frown crossing his lips. Without much thought having gone into his actions, he shoved his ears forward and forced out a throaty chuff with the intention of grabbing the woman’s attention. She had entered his home, the place that he viewed as a safe zone, and so he expected an explanation for her slovenly comportment. Though only a child, he understood the disrespect displayed, and it unsettled him greatly.
[/td][td valign=center] [/td][/tr][/table]
56 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Of course it would happen, to have her moment of peace interrupted by another. Lifting a narrowed gaze at the rather loud and bossy chuff, and studied the boy that stood before her. His posture made it look like she had done something wrong, but she had smelled no packs borders near her nor any markings on the area she lay in so in fact she had done nothing wrong. "How may I help you kid?" she asked in a calm tone, using the word kid despite the fact that she wasn't much more than a year old herself.

Her posture remained relaxed while she stared at him, she saw no threat in a small boy such as the one who stood before her. She would not in fact lay a single paw on the boy, but she would not get up from her resting spot either. From what she could tell the boy hadn't laid the proper claim to the land here, and so she was free to it herself.
Warrior(3/5)

70 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
As if carved from the very same marble that his mask resembled, the boy was still. Neither forward nor backwards did he move, his body entirely motionless, save for the occasional blink. Staring onward at the woman, he refused to look away, meeting her gaze directly the moment she turned to face him. Whilst her eyes studied him, his own were reluctant to leave her face as he awaited a response to his unspoken inquiry—a statement that, in the back of his head, he knew he would never hear unless he requested it verbally. In spite of this knowledge, not a word left the wraith’s mouth. Rather, he continued to stare, as well as raise his tail so that it was just above being level with his back; it was stiff, unwavering and held in a bold position. The Watch, despite having no official claim placed over it, was his home. Within its perimeter there lived and walked a leader, which was enough, Eros believed, to secure the land underfoot. There were few others permitted to traverse the territory freely and, though he often avoided them, Eros was aware enough to know that the stranger wasn’t one of them.

Shoving a limb forward, a step was taken, followed by several more. When next he stopped, there were, perhaps, only several meters worth of distance between them. Stilled once again, he wrinkled his nose in her direction, tail lashing behind him with short, jerky movements. “This land is claimed,” he declared, the confidence felt towards his statement easily translating into his voice. “You will leave.” So often had he hid behind someone—anyone—but he was not a coward. Eros, whilst still searching for himself and his place in the order of things, was a rather valiant creature by nature. For this reason, he did not back away, but instead continued his endless staring, waiting and anticipating.
56 Posts
Ooc — Chey
The boy was bold and Merrigan respected that, but the statement that then left his mouth brought a snort up from her muzzle. "Claimed? I smelled no official borders around this area Nor have a scented a pack. To claim a territory as your own all of the pack must mark a perimiter around it. Seeing as nobody has done so I have every right to be here." she spoke sternly and with a tone as confident as the pup's own voice had been. Moving into a sitting position she found herself curious as to why the young boy thought this land was his to stake claim to.

Was there a settling pack seeking to stake this land as their own? If so she may have made a mistake coming here, or it may be a blessing. She wondered what type of pack it was, and if they would possibly speak to her about their ways and accept her if she wished to join. Shaking her head to clear her thoughts she scolded herself mentally, she didn't even know if there was a group of wolves, or if this pack was simply confused. "If this land is claimed, where is your leader? And if you have a Leader I wish to speak with him" she stated bluntly her vivid green eyes boring straight into his with the intent on intimidating him.
Warrior(3/5)

70 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
To be challenged was not something that he was particularly used to. Even prior to his departure from the land that had housed his family, when his siblings had been around him, the boy had not experienced any true challenges. He had merely existed, rising slowly into a roll that he knew nothing about, its existence included. So, as the woman spoke, disregarding his statement as if it meant nothing, he was not immediately aware of how to proceed. His jaw clenched and he bit back the words that threatened to spill out passed his lips, whilst a moment was taken to recollect himself. As he exhaled his gaze narrowed, the alteration virtually imperceptible. “No one has to mark anything to claim it as their own,” he replied coolly. “Many do, but there’s no law that says we have to.” Marking was neither necessary nor unnecessary, it simply was. It served as a warning, a way to ward off outsiders, but the child did not see any reason for why it might be demanded. With the assumption that there existed individuals and groups alike that wished to go through life unnoticed, he doubted how imperative it was to leave behind traces of one’s self.

Eros watched the woman’s body rise up into a sitting position, whilst his stance remained rigid and unchanging. Again, she spoke, but her words were paid little attention. It was her gaze that gripped his focus, the intensity of it reflected back through his own. He wasn’t the least bit phased by the way in which she watched him, able to be intimidated by only a handful of wolves. Anger tore across his expression and bore a snarl, his lips pulled back to reveal his teeth, but only for a moment; to blink would mean to miss the temporary shift entirely, its appearance brief and without any grounds to linger. “You’re lounging around here like it’s yours, disrespecting our home,” he began, the words uttered slowly. “Why would they want to talk to you?” Maintaining a clear mind, he made certain that he used a nondescript pronoun, withholding the confirmation that the leader truly was a man—what purpose this served, he could not say, but it felt right.
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
[table width=80%][tr][td]

Like the fog itself, Bane's pallid paws carried him across the forest. Lush, a place to withhold in admiration, and it was indeed his. Whether there existed clear markings or not was uneventful for Bane's claim to Raven's Watch, for he would enforce his dominion indiscriminately. The arctic beast was sure that his own protegee had clarity of the way of things, he had seen it in action countless times in their shared time, and he had as much a claim to the land as Bane himself, as the whole pack behind them.

I have never met a single wolf who has gained anything from having a big mouth, booms his voice across the cold evening, marking his entrance as he uncovers himself from the shadows. Effortlessly he slides his way behind Eros, standing at his back in a way that showed the stranger dominance and authority as much as it showed the child encouragement. The boy asked you a question... he pushes, staring right into the female's eyes with the intention of breaking her very core. His voice grows deeper, nothing short of a throaty snarl as he adds: I'm dying to know the answer

[/td][/tr][/table]
56 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Merrigan's lips twitched as the boy continued to speak about the land being his home, Ignoring her challenge. She laughed softly and shook her head huffing a sigh, her features calm up until the boy snarled at her. "How could i possibly disrespect something I did not know existed? Aye you are right about their being no proper law" she could admit that fact, for she had considered his statement briefly and it was quite true. Nobody as far as she knew had ever made border claiming a true law. She was about to respond to the boy's second question when another male arrived, claiming she had a big mouth. Nostrils flaring slightly she couldn't believe that she was the one to be blamed with the big mouth, when it was the boy who came after her before she could even explain herself properly.

She met his eyes for mere seconds before the force of his staring caused her gaze to flicker away to the ground. Swallowing thickly she could tell this was the leader of them, whatever band of rogues wanted to lay claim to this land. "I have fought many in my travels, and most of those fights I have come away fairly unhamred. I didn't know there was anyone here, as all I am used to is pack's marking their borders. I admit I was stand-offish with the boy here, but I wouldn't have harmed him. My nature...is to fight" she spoke as coldly and calmly as before but she flattened her ears and kept her posture respectful before the brute. An alpha was nobody she wanted to take on, she had no need to...or at least she hoped not.

Flattening her fur out she took in a breath "I have been looking for a pack to call home, but none suit my needs. I am a warrior, and I seek a challenging life. If you would take me in sir, I would do anything needed to prove myself." she continued. Her voice was kept steady even though she felt the pang of nervousness in her rapid heartbeat. Thinking quickly she spoke once more "If you need me to prove myself, I can fight anyone of your choosing." she offered bravely. Part of her knew it was a foolish offer, one that may lead her to be injured gravelly.

If Bane goes with the offer, I just want to say that I do not Want Merrigan to die, or be crippled. Anything else is fine.
Warrior(3/5)

70 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
One moment, the boy was alone with the stranger, staring at her with the intensity of a raging inferno. Then, in the next, they were a duo made into a trio, the encounter joined by none other than the Arctic beast whose lead the child followed. As soon as the voice broke the air, he turned to look towards the man, his tail lowering instinctively; it remained in a position above the woman’s, but was not even close to competing with Bane’s own stance. The muscles in his shoulder tensed, ready to lift his paws so that he could retreat to stand behind the man, but he ended up keeping still. Sided with, he felt a whole new wave of power surge through his body, which he used to better his posture and stare down his nose at the intruder. Yet, her attention seemed to be on him no longer, having eased over to the greater male. Infuriated, his nostrils flared and his jaw set, but he spoke not until his temper had been brought back under control.

“You ignore me just because he is here,” the boy stated, his annoyance clear. “You can’t talk to him, you have to talk to me. Answer my question, and then explain again why you’re here.” Perhaps he was being difficult, but this he could not realise. He obeyed the urges felt deep within his being and spoke based on them alone.
56 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Merrigan's nostrils flared as the boy spoke once more, taking an authoritave stance over her. The alpha here did not seem to mind it, he even encouraged it and so Merrigan went along with it. "I cant assume anyone would want to talk to me, that would be cocky. I would only hope my requests would be accepted so I could offer my services. As for what I am doing here, I wished to rest before moving on to find a pack where I could be of use, around like minded wolves." She answered both questions forcing her voice to go into a respectful and hopefully satisfactory tone.

"If  I had known that a pack had made this their home, I would not have intruded. Even I have morals. If you would forgive my transgressions sir, I would be grateful." the sir was directed toward the boy, to show that she was honestly regretful. Though she did not like this boy and she was wary of the alpha male, She had to say they were intriguing. Both seemed fierce and of warrior spirit and though she felt that they might attack if she gave them the slightest reason to, she was somewhat glad she had gotten to see the way they ran things a bit.

"I am seeking the mercenary trade.  I have already fought and sparred succesfully against multiple wolves in different regions. Would you be in need of any more than adequate fighters?"  She asked allowing her eyes to flick up toward the boy's in a hopeful manner.
Warrior(3/5)