Phantom Hollow because everyday I was alive I wore nothing but black
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
@Kelina @Artemis she's welcome to join in if you'd like, no pressure if you don't want to. :)

[table width=85%][tr][td]Injured and and weary from the violent, silent stranger, Liri wandered.

The blood had longed dried in her achromatic coat, painting the healer vividly with rusty brown streaks. The wounds inflicted by the golden man throbbed with each step but then, the woman had experienced worse pain in her young life. 

It was dusk when Liri became aware of her surroundings. She was at the edge of a shaded forest, not unlike Rosings though it lacked the warmth and familiarity that dark tangle of woodlands had held. This place projected an aura of dark foreboding, of ominous promises told on the whispering lips of those who would as soon as strike with venom than provide a lover's kiss.

The alabaster healer stopped on the precipice of peril, watching the forest with eyes as dark as the depths of it. She was not quite afraid and yet not so foolish as to approach.[/table][/tr][/td]
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
A little brief about Artemis as I don't know whether or not she'll be part of this. Also by this point Kelina has heard about Liri a bit from spying on Horosk!

The coyote was hers, for now. And would remain hers until the job was done - maybe longer if that's what it came to. The dark fae was inwardly smirking whenever the girl got annoyed with something she was told to do. But she knew that if she didn't do it, Kelina would hurt her. And that was a beautiful thing to the woman. 

She had been walking silently, no words being shared, when she saw white among the darkness of the area around her. Curious now, the wolfess stalked forward until she could completely see the stranger - white but covered in dry blood. How... interesting. What was more interesting was that she seemed to be pregnant. Now, if a wolf was pregnant, surely the safest place was in pack territory? So why was this woman alone?

"Hello?" she greeted in a friendly tone, deciding to see what she could do here. After all, she was always up for some fun. Kelina stepped out of the bushes, giving a small wag of her tail to hopefully come across as friendly.
[Image: tAPcmpF.png]
"I do not suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it"
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
just a note: at nearly 3 weeks, Liri will not yet be visibly pregnant and it's unlikely that other wolves will be aware of it! Of course if you want Kelina to infer that she might be pregnant from spying on Horosk, go ahead. :)

[table width=85%][tr][td]The woman who emerged from the darkness, a demon birthed from Hell, would have been indistinguishable in the dead of night. 

The demon was as deeply coloured as a raven and nearly as ominous. In the fading light of day, her amethyst eyes glittered; the richly violet color brought to mind the lavender eyes of Horosk. Yet, where Horosk's warm, lilac eyes had drawn her in the eyes of this woman were cold and hard like small stones.

There was nothing compelling about the demon, including the overly-sweet tone of voice she used.

Liri made nary a move towards or away from the femme but steadily her hackles rose in defense and her eyes widened to saucer-like proportions as the fae watched the woman. 

Liri did not speak, choosing simply to watch the purple-eyed demon and wait.[/table][/tr][/td]

The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
Yes, she knows a little about Liri's pregnancy, I'll edit tho if needed!

The woman, she realised, was not fooled by her facade. Well, it was always worth a go. For now, she kept it up and gave a warm smile to the other. "Sorry if I startled you - I did not mean to." Hopefully, with the accompanied wag of her tail, it was somewhat convincing. She wanted to find out more information, even if that information was not useful to her right now. All knowledge was useful, you just had to know when and how to use it.

"I mean no harm, really. My name is Kelina - you can call me Kels." She introduced herself and then took a respectful step back so the other woman might feel more relaxed. Then the dark fae tilted her head. "I was merely curious as to why you are out alone? It is not often you see wolves alone in this part of the Forest." Perhaps there was dark intent behind that, perhaps not. She had made sure that her voice still sounded friendly, maybe a little on the concerned side. Though, really, she was having fun with this already.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
[table width=85%][tr][td]Rather than taking the hint, the demon - Kels, she thought with an internal sneer - pressed on though Liri had yet to speak.

She could not explain to herself why she disliked the raven so much. Perhaps it was only that Liri had become adroit at reading people; and this one didn't read well.

"Liri," the arctic fae, so reminiscent of a tiny polar bear, answers with a predatory curl of her lip.The healer does not reveal why she is alone. It's best that Kelina believe her to be with company. 

Liri watches the woman coolly, stance as tall and proud as when she was leader over Rosings. Dark eyes as hard as petrified wood stared down the woman despite having to look up. 

She has lost her fear and it will not be brought back by the likes of Kelina.[/table][/tr][/td]

The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
Now it was less fun. The woman in front of her was not pleased, clearly. Kelina stood taller then, matching the stance of the white scarred wolfess. It was when she spoke a name that the dark fae smirked, an idea popping into mind. "My, what an unexpected turn of events..." Liri had been the name the Horosk had mentioned while talking to Semira, and Kelina had managed to gather enough information to realise that Horosk had mated with the woman - Liri. It had seemed at the time that her brother might have even had feelings for this girl. How.... fun.

"Tell me, Liri, do you know of a man named Horosk ?" Her mask had vanished, showing only the black raven and her cold amethyst eyes, staring coldly at the other wolf with a wide grin. Perhaps her facade had not been very good anyway, but now there was no mistaking the cruel glint in her eyes. She stepped closer, chuckling as she did so.

She could.... do some harm with this. She could hurt Horosk.... and it would be fun, too.
79 Posts
Ooc —
she watched, the little coyote, from a distance behind the woman, not immediately visible, but there all the same. she had suffered the past few days with bent dignity, but had given the other no reason to harm her. for injury for a lone coyote that might be a potential meal for larger predators, and certainly more than a few wolves, could be fatal. but her patience tired fast, of heeding to the woman's every need, and sometimes she wondered if she ought to just bolt for it. 

but here. here was a chance. she watched intently, searching, for anything. for a fight to break out. an attempted kidnapping. for if the dark woman was...otherwise engaged, how ought she
too chase after a fleeing coyote, lent speed by desperation? she could not. and thus, she waited, caring not for the fate of the other.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
[table width=85%][tr][td]The filmy attempts of a spotless, sunny personality fade and prove to Liri - once more - that her skills are not unfounded. 

The fae's argent lip curls with derision as Kelina chuckles thinly. The young woman - who has been abandoned, abused, raped, tortured, and may now be an expecting mother - has seen far worse than the likes of this raven. 

The Tiny Voice was a better villain. 

"Never heard of him," the fae lies coolly, with the ease of the actress Kelina tried to portray. 

Liri's eyes flicker briefly to the coyote and her sneer deepens. There's nothing necessarily wrong with coyotes, the healer just happens to think this one to be stupid. 

Here you stand, watching as your captor takes on a stranger. Why did you not run when she was busy with me? Why have you not run yet,  you fool?

Her eyes communicate everything words cannot, sliding back over to the more important of the two with hatred.[/table][/tr][/td]

The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
Kelina could no longer be bothered to put up a sweet act, and it seemed the pale woman in front of her was not convinced anyway. With a small grin, the raven turned to Artemis and gestured with her head to Liri. This is the one, I believe. Even if it wasn't, Kelina for sure could still have some fun with her. She had spoken to the little coyote a while ago, explaining the plan. Artemis should now go around the other side of the white wolf to wait for when Kelina lashed out, but the dark woman doubted she could keep her prisoner if she was to bolt. But no matter, if she did flee it wouldn't be much of a loss, as the fae had only originally become her captor so that she could help Kelina kidnap someone close to Horosk - or that had some relation to Horosk.

Of course, this might be a completely different wolf to the one she had heard her brother speak about, but she would take the chance, and rid herself of this woman if it was not the one she was searching for. There was a spark of hatred in the scarred wolfess' eyes and it only made Kelina grin more, almost like the cheshire cat. "Are you very sure about that, hun?"

"If he was here and I... hurt him, would you not care? Would you just leave him at my paws?"
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
I have received permission from @Artemis to skip over her. :)

[table width=85%][tr][td]Liri raises her head, lip curled with anger, glancing from the demon before her to the lesser canid at her back. 

Go on, I dare you. Her woodland eyes seem to taunt. The sylph is at least twice the size of the coyote and unlike her, won't hesitate. 

Kelina's words snap Liri from her silent glaring, slipping back to the woman's amethyst eyes. The nymph draws herself up with what can only be described as defiance.

"Completely sure, bitch," she spits the word with venom, practically smoldering beneath her icy fur.

Perhaps insulting Kelina isn't the best way to go about escaping but she's tired of games.

"Why would I give a shit? You can have him; kill him for all you like," Liri answers coolly.

It's not true of course, she doesn't love Horosk but she wouldn't wish him harm either. Yet, Kelina doesn't need to know this. Lying may be her only escape now.[/table][/tr][/td]

79 Posts
Ooc —
the gaze of the arctic woman taunts her, but she merely grins in return. it is not malevolent, nor threatening. simply uncaring, though her gaze flashes a moment of concern. good luck. she has obeyed up to this point, yet no longer will. as soon as the first challenging words come from the Arctic woman's maw, she is off like a shot. 

days of pent up desperation lend speed to her spindly frame, and the launches herself away, away, with reckless speed. she knows- or
dearly hopes- that the wolves will fight as wolves always do, leaving the fleeing coyote to speed away like the prey animals that sometimes evade the maws of their prey. let them squabble, and she would flee- the woman Kelina would make a choice. the little coyote that would probably end up fleeing anyway, or the much more tempting pregnant woman. 
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
She knew the coyote had left, but she kept her gaze firmly trained on the scarred white wolfess. While it would have been great if the girl helped Kelina take the pregnant woman, but no matter. She could do it without her. After all, she hadn't even originally planned to take the coyote in the first place, she had just been there at a supposedly bad time. The insults did not bother the raven - she had had many insults thrown at her during her life, but they only drove her on further.

She smirked again, a cruel chuckle escaping her jaws. "Seems to me like you care - after all, why else would you get so worked up about it?" Clearly, the woman was getting really pissed at Kelina, but that happened often. The dark fae was simply taunting Liri, annoying her a lot was part of the plan. Besides, it was rather amusing.

"Now, enough talk." She said and sprang forward without another word. She aimed to knock Liri down so that she could perhaps do some damage and then take her away - then do more damage. It would be fun, for sure, and she could use it against Horosk if this was indeed the Liri that he knew.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
[table width=85%][tr][td]The coyote meets her gaze briefly and the concern there touches her momentarily. Liri does not drop her angry, uncaring facade; yet now that she knows the fleeing creature is not against her, Liri silently urges her on with the hopes that Kelina will not harm the fleet-footed coyote.

Her attention returns to the black-coated, and as equally black-hearted, woman before her. The sylph shows no outward emotion, be it fear, or anticipation, or dread. 

Within, her stomach knots anxiously with worry over the tiny beings in her womb. As Kelina leaps, Liri scrambles to flee with certainty that she is not up to the task of another fight so soon. 

Clumsy paws scrabble almost uselessly to get away. Tired and injured, Liri already knows with a sinking feeling in her gut that she will not escape.[/table][/tr][/td]

The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
Assuming @Artemis has fled from the area now? Lemme know if otherwise!

Kelina did not land successfully on top of Liri's back, but it did not matter. The raven was close enough to the scarred pregnant woman and from here she was almost certain that she could catch her. With her brows furrowed in concentration, and her smirk still evident, Kelina surged forward for the second time. This time, however, she would not try and push her down. No, she would drag.

The dark fae saw an opportunity as the white wolfess tried to scramble away. With a small chuckle, she leans her head as close as possible to the woman's hind legs with speed, snapping her jaws, hoping to perhaps catch one of Liri's ankles. If she caught one, she would tug and drag her back, then viciously shake her head to hopefully disable one of the woman's legs. That should stop her from escaping, and Kelina should then be able to take her prisoner.
79 Posts
Ooc —
yep! here's an exit post- thanks for the thread!
she ran, and ran. her legs fell into a wild rhythm sustained by desperation, gaze set on the distant horizon and not glancing back for a moment. only when the sounds of battle met her ears did she falter, and felt first a wave of relief; relief that the woman had chosen battle with the other and not to chase her down. then came worry, for the scarred white woman, and for the briefest moment, she almost turned back. 

but she was a coyote, and them wolves. no matter how close she had become to wolves in the past, they were separated by a distinct line that would not be crossed. she was a coyote, and in this battle of 
wolves she could not lend aid nor interfere. so, with an odd pang of guilt, an emotion rarely felt, did she launch into steady rhythm once more, legs carrying her far from the women and their battle. 
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
[table width=85%][tr][td]Kelina's attempt fails and for a moment there is hope. Liri will get away, she must for the sake of her unborn children as well as herself, and everything will be okay.

And then the pain hits. 

Burning, tearing, ripping pain that she has never felt before. Pain unlike what her unnamed rapist and the foggy remnants of her previous captors had caused. For a moment it surprises her so much that the fae is unable to process it, confused by the burning in her hind leg. 

Kelina drags her back. 

Liri cannot scream. She cannot cry out. The only noise her throat can produce is a hoarse, choked sound. 

The sylph is almost afraid to look but is compelled to do so by fear and morbid curiosity. When she casts a glance over her shoulder, still being dragged along like a ragdoll, her mind blanks.

The ragged, bloody mess surely is not her leg. It resembles an animal after a hunt, the pitiful doe she had put down in Broken Antler Fen's territory. 

Kelina has ravaged her limb. Near her paw, where a large amount of sinew and bone allows her leg to function, is shredded. The healer knows with that single glance that her leg will never be the same.

So enraptured was she by the mess of her leg that Liri had forgotten that Kelina was hovering over her. It's only when the demon has finished dragging her back that Liri is reminded of her presence. 

The achromatic woman is reminded by the sudden silence as Kelina stills, a bated heartbeat.

Finally, Liri finds her voice with a pained scream as the dark woman begins to shake her leg violently.[/table][/tr][/td]

The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
She drags and drags, tearing the skin from Liri's leg. And what others might fear most, was that she had a sadistic grin spread across her face as shee inflicted the pain upon the scarred woman. She was enjoying this, perhaps more than she should have been. The raven had no regrets about dealing this much damage to the poor pregnant wolfess. 

Kelina continued to shake her head, relishing in the screams that it brought from within Liri. This was what she liked - this was what she enjoyed. She was insane - she knew that. But unlike many others, she did not care. The very fact that she was completely insane, driven by the voices in her head, and the urges she felt to hurt, only made her love it more. This was what happened, she supposed, to her father. This is what he had grown to be like before he passed. And now she was the same.

The same, but perhaps worse.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
[table width=85%][tr][td]There is a high-pitched keening, a screech so shrill it makes her ears throb. 

With a jolt, Liri realises that the noise is a scream and moreover, it's her own. 

The sylph is unsure when it ends but when it does, all that's left is the moist ripping of her flesh, the crunch of her bones. 

The pain burns on, never ending, causing the weak healer to sway as the word tilts alarmingly. The dark tops of the trees are  indistinguishable from the earth as the last of the light fades beyond the horizon, an omen.

The last thing Liri thinks before she's lost to the dark abyss is a longing, a longing to be among those treetops as free as a bird.[/table][/tr][/td]

I think this is the last from me! Feel free to pp Kelina dragging her away to where ever it is that she lurks, thanks for the thread. :)

The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
Alrighty, thanks from me too!

The panicked, pained screech from the woman she was dragging might be deafening to some, but Kelina was thoroughly enjoying the sound. Perhaps that only drove her more insane. Why she enjoyed the screaming was beyond her, but perhaps it was because she had heard it so many times as a child. Rather sad, really, but the dark raven cared little, if at all.

She continued to drag, further and further, until she was almost too tired to shift the woman any more. When she was certain no more movements could be made, she let go the harsh grip she held on the leg and lowered her body down into a laying position. Sleep came quickly, and the raven closed her eyes with the comfort of knowing Liri would not be able to run. She would not be able to get away without making a large amount of noise, and that would easily wake Kelina up.

She could rest knowing her victim was unable to escape.