Morningside Cuesta A new land, a new home, a new start
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
All Welcome 
Kieran's just practising his hunting skills, feel free to come along and chat with him! Hunter trade 2/5 - Set a day or so after the previous hunting thread with Gray and Sylvas!

Kieran was settling in nicely, he believed. Perhaps, after all, he could get used to this. It could be his home. Or, even if they didn't stay here, this could be his new family. He liked them. He liked Dawn, he liked Grayday, he liked them all. Even if he had hardly spoken to some of them. He felt like he might be able to finally fit in - his dad already seemed set to stay with these wolves. In fact, he was a leader now! Like before, in the Republic of Auros. Kieran was no longer a prince anymore, but that didn't matter. He still had Hawthorn, and he was all the boy needed to stay happy.

Speaking of Haw, Kieran had not seen much of him recently. He understood that his friend wasn't the biggest talker, and so for now he pushed it out of his mind. He would catch up with the older boy later.

For now, the agouti watcher stalked among various shrubs and trees. He had discovered that he rather liked hunting, now that he had had his first go at it, so he wanted to improve his skills and impress both Gray and Sylvas. His mother, too, for she was watching from above, wasn't she? She was always there - so was Sorrel, even if she wasn't beside him right now.

As soon as the pup had found a scent trail, he had immediately begun to follow, pausing every now and then to turn and twist through trees. He found this very fun - more so than standing around with the others. He would bring this prey to them and he would share it - but now before burrying some for his mother! To be honest, he wasn't really sure what it was. Maybe rabbit? He was pretty sure he had smelled it before, but he wasn't the best at remembering scents. Apart from pheasants! He could remember those!
English * French
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny had been down since the big fight with Dawn. She had never mentioned how she really felt to him before that, and if she had Sunny hasnt heard it
 He never meant to come across as bossy but what was he expected to do after catching her climbing trees? Anyway he wouldnt be going near her for a while, they both needed a break from one another.

Sunny picked up the musty scent of rabbit and moved his head fom side to side, and to the ground as he determined where it was coming from. As soon as he found the path he set off, following it around trees and bushes. Before he could lift his head he bumped into a furry shape and he squeaked with surprise. Scrambling backward he almost bared his fangs before determining it was only Kieran Adrien. Sighing with relief he offered an apologetic smile "sorry I was hunting...or tryin to"
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Kieran almost leapt for his life when something bumped into him. He had been too focused on the scent trail. The boy looked up, meeting Sunny's gaze. He hadn't really spoken much to Sunny, but it seemed he had been doing the same as Kieran. "Oh... it's fine. I'm actually trying to do the same," he replied with a small chuckle, glancing down at the ground where he had been following the rabbit's trail. "I guess we were following the same trail, huh?" He added, smiling. 

"I wanted to improve so I could hunt more with the adults. I don't really like being considered a pup anymore." The boy gave a sheepish grin, followed by a wag of his tail. "Do you... want to hunt with me?" He did not mention that he wanted to bury some for his mother, not yet. If they caught something, then he would tell Sunny what he wanted to do.
English * French
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny's tail swayed behind him as the boy responded with the same sheepishness Sunny felt. When Kieran Adrien mentioned the scent trail Sunny sniffed at it and then nodded "Yeah Rabbit." he agreed. Sniffing the air as the breeze blew toward them he focused on which way the scent was strongest, though he still payed attention to Kieran Adrien and what he was saying. 

"understand. I would love to hunt beside my father and the rest of the Adults. Somehow I dont think I will ever get treated like an adult" he sighed softly and shook his pelt. At the offer to hunt with him Sunny grinned "that sounds great. I have only ever hunted by myself. I dont think both of us running at it will work though" he shifted his weight eager to get going with the hunting.
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Rabbit. So, his guess on what the trail's source had been correct? That was if Sunny was also right, which he assumed he was. "I'm tired of being treated like a pup - we could work together to show them that we should be treated like adults? They'd have to notice if we both tried our hardest." It sounded nice. Sure, being an adult must need more responsibility than a pup, but he no longer wanted to be a pup. He was ready to fit in with the older wolves.

He liked being responsible.

"Mmmm... well if there's one rabbit, maybe there are more? What if the rabbit went to a burrow where there are other rabbits and that is where this trail leads?" It could be right, despite just being a guess. You never know. "And.... if not, maybe one of us can chase it from behind and the other one can jump out in front and surprise it? We could kill it quite easily like that, I think."
English * French
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny nodded enthusiastically, liking that idea very much. Not being treated like a baby anymore, and making sure he wasnt coddled by his father (even though he secretely liked the attention). There were benefits of being a pup, like being able to play and explore but there were also drawbacks like being watched alot and being treated like he couldnt handle himself.

As Kieran Adrien went on with his ideas of how to hunt the rabbit, and if there were more rabbits Sunny listened intently. "I like the idea of one of us hiding and the other chasing it. It sounds like it would work. And if there are others, maybe we can catch two!" it was likely that he would be exhausted after hunting the first one, but who knew what would truly happen.
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Damn I wrote a super long post and my laptop died on me. Lost it, so sorry this post is slightly crappy and short!

Kieran smiled, lowering his muzzle to pick up the scent again. He shuffled around a bit, then found it. "Let's go!" he grinned, beginning to follow the scent eagerly. He tracked the trail with his tail flicking in excitement, occasionally glancing back to see if Sunny was still there.

Hopefully they found the source soon.
English * French
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
I hate when that happens!

Sunny followed behind Kieran Adrien having found the scent himself. He remembered it from when Adeline had helped him learn how to track things and his first tracking scent was rabbit. The scent grew stronger and then finally led them to a flat grounded area with berry bushes. There was a rabbit standing on it's hind paws eating berries from the bushes.

There weren't any burrows from what he could tell, but there was a big tree that sunny or Kieran could hide behind. "If you or I sneak up from behind the rabbit while the other hides behind that tree,and chases it that way, the one in hiding can leap out and pin it going for the kill" he suggested in a hushed voice. "Which position would you want?" He asked not really caring which one he got for himself.
Birdcatcher: 4/10