Noctisardor Bypass Who knows, how long I've been awake now?
Raise a glass to freedom
129 Posts
Ooc —

It had been a good few days since the incident with Kelina now, and Horosk had finally been allowing himself to relax a bit. Perhaps his sister would just leave, and then he could be at peace? He'd been trying to escape Kelina and the rest of his family for so long, but it seemed that they could always find him, no matter where he went. What he was most afraid of was anyone else getting dragged into it. He didn't want anyone hurt when they were completely innocent in the situation.

Just moments ago the agouti man had been scent-marking at the borders, but that had come to an abrupt end when the scent of his sister reached his nose. From there, he'd gone into panic mode and searched the whole area before rushing further into the territory to find Semira. She was the only one who also knew about Kelina (he didn't have the balls to announce it to anyone else just yet - plus he had begun to believe that his sister might leave him alone). He'd rushed straight to the densite in a hurry, and stopped just outside the Medio's den.

"M-Mira? Are you in there?" He didn't want anyone else listening in, but he needed to talk to her. He trusted her - and she might know what to do. He bit his lip for a moment with hesitation before padding into the den with wide, panicked eyes. What did Kelina want at their home?
150 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Semira lay within the Medio den, quietly watching the parsley-green grass dance in place as the warmest of breezes shifted them. One paw rested neatly underneath her opposite forelimb, allowing her a sense of comfort from the motion. She could not help herself as her thoughts drifted through the past few days, lingering on the strange encounter with Kelina. If she had spoke the woman's name, it would have come out as nearly a curse. The woman's warning drifted through her mind, causing a shiver to rock her prone form.She pursed her lips and cleared her throat lightly, as if to remind herself that her toungue was still in place. 

At the sound of Horosk's voice she startled briefly before replying, "Yeah". She saw his shadow before he appeared in the entrance, blocking most of the strings of gentle sunlight that had warmed her pelt just moments before. She let a gentle smile etch itself across her features before worry clouded it. Her ears flicked towards him as she caught the scent of fear wafting from him. "What's wrong?", she was on her paws in seconds, her head tilted to the side in worry as she spoke in gentle -yet urgent- tones.
-By the light of the moon-

Hunter 2/5
Mercenary 3/5
Raise a glass to freedom
129 Posts
Ooc —
She was there. Horosk gave a small sigh of relief before slipping inside of the den, eyes sweeping around to check if anyone else was there before resting on Semira. "Umm.... well..." He grimaced, then added quietly, "I scented.... her.... near the borders. She's been close, Mira. Real close." Oh he prayed she would not try anything. Especially not anything that harmed the pack.

"I don't know what to do!" He sat down, ears pinning down on the back of his skull. "I think I managed to cover the scent... but what if she comes back?" He closed his eyes, uncomfortably shifting on his paws.

"When I.... when I first came to the borders to join, I thought I was escaping my old life. I wanted to start fresh... but everywhere I go the past seems to come back to bite me in the ass. I don't know how to get away from it all...." His tail drooped uhappily, his eyes opening again to stare at the ground with a mixture of emotions. Sadness, regret, worry.
150 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Her eyes narrowed. Of course she was behind this; as seemed to be the trend lately. A powerful wave of fury and protectivness overcame her. What if she found their home? No doubt she would act upon her promises. Her tounge felt to large for her muzzle as she attempted to speak, "We must alert Gwen..." She looked upon him with pitying eyes, for she knew he would not wish to drudge up his past in front of the Empress.

She grew nervous, "Hor what about Cebra and Noor? Do you think she would hurt them?" She gulped a calming breath of air; to no avail. "They're pregnant...the pups." She added quietly. Could someone be so cruel as to hurt a mere pup?

He looked so defeated she could not bear it. "You have all of us now, and I promise we will help you." She made sure that she met his gaze with her own, attempting to reasure him.

Hunter 2/5
Mercenary 3/5
Raise a glass to freedom
129 Posts
Ooc —
Yes, he should have seen it coming. Of course they would have to tell Gwen - she was the Empress and had to know these things. "I.... I guess you're right." He muttered quietly, then glanced up with worry as Semira mentioned the soon-to-be mothers. "Crap. I mean, I wouldn't put it past her to do such a thing - I'll make sure to check the borders more frequently - I don't want anyone to get hurt because of my family issues." He let out a pained sigh.

Then he thought about who else might be in danger and his eyes widened. Knowing Kelina, he was aware that she might try and hurt someone he cared for in order to get to him. His first thought was Mira. "Oh, God, please be careful when you're on your own. And... tell me if you see anything suspicious..." No way in hell would he allow Semira to get hurt by Kelina. She was, at this point, his closest friend.

"And... thank you for being here for me..."
150 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
It was definently yet another factor to think about, "I'll start checking more often too -- Just took keep tabs on her whereabouts." She nodded to him solemnly, understanding pouring into her gaze as she watched his emotions control his features.

As his eyes widened before her, she wondered what else was on his mind. She was quickly beqeathed the information, which suceeded in draining the color from her face. Every one of their pack members was in danger. She felt guilty as her heartstrings were pulled by his worry. She looked at her paws briefly to hide her emotions before looking up at him with a wry smile. "I've got this...well..maybe." Her attempt at sarcasm fell flat. "I will let you know if I see anything at all." She let a thin smile grace her lips, her worry clouding her normal behaviors.

Hunter 2/5
Mercenary 3/5
Raise a glass to freedom
129 Posts
Ooc —
"O-Okay. Thanks - I'll... I'll tell Gwen later on this afternoon when I see her." He finally replied, gazing back at Semira. How come she managed to be here for him every time he needed her? He had to make sure to find a way to repay her. Because boy was he thankful. 

The man returned the wry smile, nodding. "I'll tell you if I see anything as well...." Then he moved closer, briefly brushing his pelt comfortingly against hers. "I'm sure.... I'm sure we'll be fine. I'll let Mawk know, since he's training to be a mecenary. He... might be able to help too." He would have told Illecebra as well, since she was also aspiring to be a mecenary, but she was pregnant and he didn't want to worry her.

"I won't allow Kelina to hurt anyone here..."
150 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
She was relieved that he agreed, for she hated keeping things from Gwen. It saddened her that he sounded so timid, as if the weight of this past week was crushing his voice. A shining light in this world like him should not be burdened by his past in such a way. The thought made her frown internally. Why is it always the best of souls who have the worst of luck? 

She was brought out of her thoughts as she sensed his nearness. Although he meant to provide comfort for her, he only exceeded in raising her pulse. She nearly grimaced at herself. She should be comforting him, but here he was, making sure others were alright before himself. "Of course" She mummered. With the three of them watching out, and watching eachother's backs, they should be able to defend themselves from that crazy woman. "Don't do anything stupid ok?" She did not want him to act nobly and get himself hurt. She did not wish for her words to come across as insulting, so she applied a featherlight touch of her muzzle to his shoulder; a reasurring touch.

Hunter 2/5
Mercenary 3/5
Raise a glass to freedom
129 Posts
Ooc —
Fade with another post from you? c:

Horosk glanced up at Mira, his eyes sparkling for just a moment. How was it that she could comfort him so easily, as though it was her very presence that calmed his nerves? Perhaps it was. After all, this was not the first time that he had become calmer just by being around her.

"Thank you again.... I don't know how I'd cope without you," his words were laced with a caring tone that he had yet to recognise in his own voice. Maybe because he had become blind to it after so long on his own, or perhaps it was because he had been rejected so many times that he thought it normal now.
150 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Yuppers c:

She sighed in content relief. Then paused unnoticeably - it had been so very long since she had felt somthing for another wolf. She peered to him with a glint in her eyes, a genuine smile alight on her face. "Happy to be of service." She gave him a playful bow, completely at ease.

With that, she grinned yet again - broadly - and trotted from the den. A fanning goodbye with her tail lead her out into the glistening sunlight of the spring afternoon - alight with bright yellows and parsley-greens.

Hunter 2/5
Mercenary 3/5