Hideaway Strath before the song dies
you ain't seen nothing like me yet
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
After discovering that the child had wandered into Lotte's whelping den Hemlock had been beside herself. It meant that those who had been watching him couldn't be trusted - and that he, in turn, was more mobile and had to be watched more closely. She had near groveled to Lotte; placating because the risk of Sirius giving anything to the babies was great - even with her best efforts it still took time to properly heal. So far none of the children had seemed to catch his cold, not even little Eirlys, the worrying child. Hemlock had been cautiously optimistic; every day it was much the same. She checked on the children a few times a day in between the typical goings on of her duties in the pack. 

The alarming call paused her movements, the cache she was working on with Amphitrite abandoned in a sudden lurch as she raced to Lotte's densite. The first thing that she did was to check the children, it seemed the endless move and there was never a moment since their birth that she didn't think of them. If they had been borne of her body she might not have been able to love them more, but still, the moment that Hemlock's viridian gaze fell to Eirlys form she drew in a deep breath. 

"Breathe, Banrion, breathe," She commanded, demanding of her own voice that she not tremble and keep as even of a tone as possible. She leaned down to touch the little pup - her temperature was fine, at least, so that was not an immediate concern. Gingerly Hemlock pried open the little pup's mouth to check the color of her gums - she was pale, all of her was pale, and she was listless. She had at least protested to Hemlock's invasive checking and her parents constant attention. "I will go and get her something, I will return quickly. Keep her warm and close." She wouldn't make any promises, but as she butted her head against Lotte's, rubbing beneath her chin, it was conveyed that they were together in this and the woman would do all in her power to keep the child safe. 

A last glance at the puppy before Hemlock turned and fled the densite - she knew what she was going to do she just had to make her plan carefully. 

available for naturalist and medical threads just tag her!
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.

[Image: naturalist_master.gif] 12/20
Messages In This Thread
before the song dies - by Eirlys - April 22, 2017, 01:21 PM
RE: before the song dies - by Hemlock - April 22, 2017, 05:09 PM
RE: before the song dies - by Arturo - April 23, 2017, 06:25 AM
RE: before the song dies - by Eirlys - May 06, 2017, 06:29 PM
RE: before the song dies - by Hemlock - May 11, 2017, 12:32 AM
RE: before the song dies - by Arturo - May 27, 2017, 04:01 PM
RE: before the song dies - by Hemlock - June 21, 2017, 11:13 PM
RE: before the song dies - by Lotte - June 23, 2017, 09:33 PM
RE: before the song dies - by Eirlys - July 13, 2017, 03:16 PM