Otatso Wetlands there's somethings we need to talk about
midnight storm beneath the stars
21 Posts
Ooc —

The land beneath her felt shifty and soft, as if it could give at anytime. It was a thought that both comforted and frightened her, for she knew that within the core of the earth were the hands of her gods, waiting to take her in. Ynes sighed and continued marshing on, cringing only slightly at the noises made by the fresh wetlands. She turned around to Gabe to make sure that he was still following behind, rather than having left her as she was secretly afraid he might do. 

Maybe we should settle soon? Ynes asked, her voice echoing slightly around them. They had been moving for so long that she had forgotten just how low her needs fell in that moment. She was hungry and thirsty, but above all else, she was exhausted. 
"Silent Nyx shrouded the west in her own colour, and scored the sky across with her own starry cloak."
Nonnus, Dionysiaca 18. 160 ff
the wanderer
106 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Thanks for starting, I'm so excited :D

Gabe despised this weird swampy terrain. Every few feet his large paws were sinking in mush, whether it be flat out mud or mud hidden under straw and other leaf litter. The trees were shady yes, but they harbored insects beyond fathomable amounts. They swarmed around above the two travelers and occasionally came down to their heads. Gabe had been stung by something already, his ivory fur was like a beacon in the world of green and brown and blue.

Gabe turned his head to Ynes and nodded, even going so far as to smile at her. Over the course of their journey he'd began to trust her a bit. It was definitely good for him to have a stable person by his side, at least for now. It was bringing back him and his joking fun loving personality. Sounds great, if I get bit one more time I'm going to lose my shit. He grumbled, sort of playfully.
Rebel Princess
39 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
[table width=80%][tr][td]She had left Dawn behind in the morning that followed their joining to hunt for them both. Of course, the runaway princess did not often luck out on things and so she found herself in some wetlands that obviously held no delicious prey. She sighed, cool eyes closing before she wanted to turn. Her leathery nostrils flared as she picked up a faint yet familiar scent and her orbs grew wide. Her movements were halted as she looked around. Could it be?

She hurried to the scene, spotting her former friend's pale coat in the swamp-like surroundings together with... another girl. Gabe! She called out, impressed the name had stuck with her for all this time. She slowed to a stop a safe distance from the pair, a tired yet happy smile on her rebellious face.[/tr][/td][/table]

Let's have some fun, this beat is sick

**Adopt a Lyall sibling!**
21 Posts
Ooc —
A sort of giggle managed its way from Ynes's mouth, for she was quite happy to find Gabe finally coming out of his shell. Oh, hush. You can handle a few bug bites, she retorted before beginning her search for a temporary bed. While her nose was to the ground, a feminine sort of squeal found its way into the air, and as a response, Ynes shot up to search for its source. It seemed that this other woman knew of Gabe, which gave her a sense of comfort. Taking a step forward, she smiled and cocked her head slightly before introducing herself, I'm Ynes.
"Silent Nyx shrouded the west in her own colour, and scored the sky across with her own starry cloak."
the wanderer
106 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Gabe snorted at Ynes's retort to his comment, he was glad they were at a point where they could joke around now. Gabe was about to begin scouting the marshy land for a nice dry place to sleep when he took in a familiar scent. He couldn't place it at first, but when he saw the bright beautiful fur of his tree rock demon a genuine smile lit up his face. For a moment, he forgot all of his past troubles completely. Aoife- that was her name. 

She called out his name, and excitedly he glanced to the side at Ynes and nodded, confirming that she was a friend. Then he trotted towards Aoife, resisting the urge to head butt into her. It was so good to see her again, in all her beautiful glory. They had become quick friends, and he couldn't say that he hadn't thought about her since then, though he hadn't thought they'd meet again. Maybe this was the earth telling him that he could still be happy. Aoife! It's so good to see you again. As she said, this is my traveling partner Ynes. Ynes, this is a friend of mine- Aoife.
Rebel Princess
39 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
[table width=80%][tr][td]She had not expected to run into Gabe again - especially not with a lady friend at his side in such an ugly place. It was strange, given that he had been the first soul that had welcomed her ever since her group had fallen apart and she had entered the Teekon. The spotted girl had thought that he must've joined a pack or something - something Aoife couldn't imagine working out for herself. She grinned playfully at him, blue eyes shifting to Ynes for a moment before Gabe came closer.

Haha - hadn't expected to see my rock buddy so far from the coast! She joked. It's mighty nice to meet ya, Ynes. Aoife greeted with a dip of her head. Where ya been? She asked then, openly curious as to what he had been up to ever since their departure.[/td][/tr][/table]

21 Posts
Ooc —
Tag her if ya need her, I'm gonna let those two catch up for a bit.

Ynes watched silently as the pair rejoiced in each other's presence. She'd had quite a few encounters of the like in her lifetime; a wanderer always left a bit of herself everywhere she went. There was something to be said about the excitement Aoife allowed to shine through in Gabe's presence, especially considering just how boring the brute seemed thus far. 

Then again, one man's trash was another man's treasure. 

Ynes took a look around while the two of them continued to converse and decided to step away in an effort to find a resting place. She stayed near should things go south (or...north?), but made sure to allow them their due privacy.
the wanderer
106 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Gabe had forgotten how much he'd liked Aoife, but listening to her talk made his tail wag happily. Ynes began to wander a little, he glanced towards her just to be sure she wasn't going too far, then back at Aoife. Naturally, she asked where he'd been since they'd last met, and Gabe let out a small chuckle. It was partly to hide the fact that he really didn't want to talk about where he'd been, but he wanted it to seem less serious than it was. I settled down in a pack for a while, until I realized they were just a bunch of bloody liars. I'm a free man again, I figure pack life just isn't for me. He would go into no further detail of his life with the sirens, of his life with Kalika. Not even if Aoife asked nicely pretty please with a cherry on top.

Trying to bulldoze past the topic of his past, he quickly changed the subject, he even allowed his thick tail to wag. But never mind where I've been, what about you?! What has the gorgeous Aoife been up to without her equally gorgeous if not more so companion. That was one of the most lighthearted and Gabeish sentences that Gabe had uttered in quite a while. What had changed over the last week or so he couldn't say, was it finding a new friend in Ynes, or rediscovering an old one in Aoife? Maybe it was both, but he was starting to feel like himself again.
Rebel Princess
39 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
[table width=80%][tr][td]If Aoife had known Gabe didn't want to talk about the past, she would've never asked. But, given that it wasn't just told she had no clue. She wasn't too good at reading small hints; the big picture mattered most to her. Then again, when he told it was enough to satisfy her and probably not the worst thing if he ended up talking about it anyway. Saaaame. She let out with a chuckle. She had never felt at home in a strange hierarchy with all those rules and submission. She had her ways of getting around as a loner.

One tawny eyebrow dot lifted at him calling her gorgeous. She knew she was pretty and how to use it, but never had she thought of Gabe as a ladies' man. Then again, he was hanging out with Ynes now... who knew what went on behind the scenes of their companionship. Or perhaps it was just a joke. Fuck, now she was confused. I picked up a kid - bringing her to the sea. We're kinda surviving right now, seeing new stuff and meeting new faces. She explained shortly with a wave of her ink-dipped tail. Where ya guys heading anyway? She asked then.[/tr][/td][/table]

the wanderer
106 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Aoife's enthusiastic 'saaaaaame' made Gabe smile, and remember another reason why he'd liked her so much the first time they'd met. They had a lot in common, both in personality and in style. Aoife answered his question about what she'd been doing and he was kind of surprised. By picked up a kid, did she mean adopted? If so, where was the kid? He was a little confused by that, but he could ask more about it later. It's not like he'd shared any more about what he'd done than she had anyway.

She asked where him and Ynes were going, and the large white furred male glanced back at his other friend. We aren't going anywhere definite I guess. We met back in some valley, and we've just been helping each other out, getting by. But to be honest I don't really have anywhere to be. He said, and though it may have sounded sad in theory, Gabe actually sort of liked that. He liked having no deadlines and commitments (I had to slip a lyric in there), no restrictions. It meant that he could go wherever he wanted to be, no one could stop him. Plus, he met the coolest people while traveling, including the two females before him.
Rebel Princess
39 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
[table width=80%][tr][td]Never would Aoife be ready to simply adopt a child; she was a really bad influence already. Stealing shit and being slutty wasn't exactly how a kid was supposed to act and the rebellious soul knew this; she was simply on a little adventure with an even smaller friend. She had left Keoni at their resting place for now, finding that she was big and brave enough to look after herself for a short while.

Wellll - what if you guys join us? We'll be a whole lot safer if we travel in a big group. She suggested kind of excited about it all.[/td][/tr][/table]

the wanderer
106 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Aoife's proposition got Gabe excited, though he was paused for a moment by a thought. A small group could easily turn into a pack, and every time he'd been in a pack something bad had happened. Part of his mind tried to justify that it was just gonna be Ynes, Aoife and some random pups, and he could trust them. But the other part of his brain said that he'd thought something similar about Kalika, and that'd gotten him with a bloodied face. He had no possible way of really knowing whether or not he could trust any of these women, so why should he spend his life traveling with them?

But he realized something else then too. He couldn't spend his whole life alone. If he kept going by this logic, he would be a lonesome bore his entire life, traveling without a friend or a family. He was a risk taker, and this was just another risk he'd have to take. All of this thought process happened rather quickly in real time, and he replied, Yeah, I like the sound of that! But I don't want to speak for Ynes. He said, turning his head to look at the other woman.
Rebel Princess
39 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
[table width=80%][tr][td]She was glad to hear the approval of her oldest companion but was sad to see the struggling female try and look happy with his choice. Even though he said he could not speak for her she looked slightly hurt - as if she had been betrayed. Defeated Ynes turned and hurried away, perhaps to never enter the Teekon again. Aoife looked confusedly at Gabe.

What's up with her? She asked, inching closer to him. Did I say something wrong? She asked then, kind of feeling like this was her fault.[/td][/tr][/table]

the wanderer
106 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
When Gabe turned to see what his other friend would say to Aoife's offer, he found that she was already turning to leave. Was it something they'd done? Or maybe she just really didn't want to travel with them. He immediately felt bad, and wanted to go after her. They had travelled together for a while after all! But a thought passed through his mind that he couldn't shake. I suppose I can't trust her anyway. She'd downright abandoned him, proving that she didn't care enough about him to even say goodbye. At this point Aoife was the only constant thing in his life, and he loved her for it.

He turned back, an expression of hurt painted upon his maw but only for a moment. Aoife asked if it was something she said, and Gabe shook his head. I don't know, but it's nothing we did wrong. Don't worry about it, I'm sure she'll be fine. He said, glancing back towards where Ynes had departed from. Then he swept her from his thoughts with one very large broom and let the smile return to his face. Well that's ok. We still have each other right? Where to next, demon princess?
Rebel Princess
39 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
[table width=80%][tr][td]Tawny brow-dots raised in surprise and worry at the look Gabe gave her. It was a look that made her think there had been something more between Ynes and her friend - a connection she had ruined with either her familiarity with Gabe or her looks. Perhaps it was a combination of both; how would she feel if she'd be head-over heels for a guy, only to see a hot chick run up to him, apparently knowing him rather well? Aoife couldn't answer her own question; she'd never been so in love with someone, and for good reasons too.

Yeah... She answered, tone more drastic and soft from her usual. She giggled then at the nickname he gave her, even though the word "princess" did not fair well with her memories. It doesn't matter now I've found you again - I'll bring Dawn home sooner so we can go on an adventure - how 'bout that, pretty boy?[/tr][/td][/table]

the wanderer
106 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Aoife's giggle brightened the mood, Ynes's departure would trouble Gabe no longer. Her next words only made him happier. So we can go on an adventure. An adventure with Aoife sounded awesome. He smirked in amusement when she called him pretty boy, it seemed they both liked to assign nicknames. Perfect, absolutely brilliant. Ya know I could come with you, bringing the kid home. I like kids. He offered, which was a true statement. He'd always wanted kids of his own, but later in life. Right now they would only ground him, and he wanted to fly.
Rebel Princess
39 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
[table width=80%][tr][td]
I asked Thalia and we can assume the pair brought Dawn back home safely after making a small trip to the sea and back. We can start a new thread wherever we want to start their adventure!

She truly smiled, forgetting about Ynes as suddenly as their meeting had gone. Whether she was there or not did no longer matter; what mattered was their adventure now. Reunited with Gabe, she felt stronger than ever, as if fate had bound them in a way. Something good had to be awaiting them, even though Aoife was not that much of an optimist. I'm sure Dawn'll like ya too - the thing is, I promised to take her to the sea and back. Care to walk double the distance?[/tr][/td][/table]