Horizon Ridge Gentle Games
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle Cloud woke up with a sharp yelp of pain and she curled around her stomach. The cramps that were plaguing her made it known that she was only a few weeks shy from giving birth. She panted slowly as she tried to breath through the pain that was ghosting up and down her sides and down her stomach. It was perfectly normal she knew this, but it didn't make it hurt any less. She tilted her head standing slowly and shakily to her feet as the pain subsided and she walked out of the den to lay in the clearing right outside. Her back hurt, her sides hurt the cramping ghosted her every few hours and her teats were swollen and occasionally would leak.

These babies were coming soon and she was ready but nervous and a little bit scared. She would have to do this on her own. Her mate would be there of course but he couldn't do very much really for her other than support her. She was going to be the one that would have to go through the pain and pushing the babes out. She laid out on her side letting the sun sooth her as she gently rubbed her muzzle up and down her own side trying to give herself some comfort and alleviate the discomfort she was having. She whimpered again.
338 Posts
Ooc — Me
ooc: this will happens after the bear attack and after Ragnar's promotion.

The bear-issue had resolved for time being. The fight had left the beast injured and it had ventured quite far from the vicinity of their lands. Pump had tracked and observed him for few days just to be sure about that, but hadn't said a single word to any of the parties that had been involved in driving the creature away. They had been worried enough about her well-being and she had no desire to be seen as weak and vulnerable again.

There was another matter on her mind though, which she wanted to speak with Ragnar and for this in hope of finding him at his denning place, she had set out quite early. It didn't take Pump long to get there, but she was a little disappointed, when she caught scent of Ragnar, who had apparently left. Oh well... she might as well stop by and see, how Thistle was doing. Among all of the stuff that needed to be done, she hadn't seen their healer very often.

The wolf-dog stopped by the den mouth and peered curiously inside.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle was partially hidden outside, but she could see the comings and the goings of others. She noticed Pump standing at the den's entrance and she moved ungainly to her side then her belly so she was laying spinxlike. She woofed once gently to let Pump know she was over there rather than in the den unless she was looking for
Ragnar.

Hello Pump! Ragnar went that way if you are looking for him. She motioned with her paw the way he had gone. She shifted again trying to find a comfortable position though at this point, there weren't really any. These pups were coming and they were coming soon. She panted slightly at the exertion it had taken to move, but soon enough she was fine and she offered a smile to the leader.
338 Posts
Ooc — Me
Pump hadn't noticed Thistle being outside, therefore her call came as a bit of a surprise to her. She turned around, ears perked up and expression both alert and curious. Once she caught sight of the healer, she relaxed and approached her with wagging tail. It was unlucky that Ragnar had already rushed away, but she would catch up with him later anyway.

"At top of his duties, as always," she said stopping at a polite distance from Thistle. "I guess it's useless to tell you that he should have a rest?" she said raised an eyebrow. It was sure as hell that Ragnar would not listen to Pump in anything that regarded his health, but maybe his wife could have some impact on him. "How are you doing?"
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni

Thistle saw the momentary surprise and curiosity on her leaders face. She hadn't meant to surprise her, she had been hidden from view both in part because of her position and the land.

Thistle smiled and chuckled Trust me Pump I have tried. He is insufferably stubborn you know. Thistle laughed then instead of a smal lchuckle at the others raised eyebrow. Apparently her and Pump were of the same opinion regarding Ragnar and his restlessness. I am okay, cramps as usual for this late in the pregnancy and very tired and of course I am as big as a bear. She looked down at her sides pointedly. I am never going to be as slender as I was. She half joked, truthfully she didn't mind as long as the pups were healthy and alive she was fine with losing her figure. She then looked up politely averting her eyes How are you doing? Ragnar told me you got pushed down, is you back okay now though? Thistle could make a poultice if needed to ease the aching if there was any in her friend and leaders back.
338 Posts
Ooc — Me
It seemed that out of all people Ragnar was the only one, who made insults look as compliments. A horrible diplomat, insufferably stubborn - surely, if she asked around, she would hear more fitting epithets to describe his personality (Pump thought that Diluculo would be an especially good resource for that), yet despite all of this, they liked their own viking-beast, respected him and wouldn't want to change him for any improved, mellower version of him.

"So they are going to be born soon?" she asked, having avoided any kind of business with children as long as she remembered herself. Pump was not a motherly-type of person, therefore partly she was glad that her responsibilities to the cubs would be providing them with food, protection and education of the art of survival. Pump shrugged: "Was nothing. You will be happy to know that the bear has changed it's hunting grounds and that they are very far from here."
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Many of the insults one could fling at Ragnar he took pride in. He was stuborn, he was savage he was feral and so much more. He was a complex creature that on her best day not even his wife could figure out. She didn't mind really all that much thought it kept her on her toes, and looking forward to the next thing. And besides that she rather enjoyed trying to puzzle him out it kept her mind in top notch shape anyway.

Thistle nodded and moved her head Within a few days Pump within a few days no more than a week. She was fairly certain at this point it was less than a week, but she didn't want to say that in case she was wrong. After all instinct and second hand knowledge only got you so far and she was not to proud to admit she could be wrong. Though Thhistle had been wary at first of others helping to care for hte babes she was not anymore, and she was glad that some of them could offer things to them that she and Ragnar could not perhaps. I am glad though I wish I could have been there to deal a few blows myself seeing as how it chased me as well as you. But I know why i couldn't be. Regardless I owuld have liked to be. it was her of saying she was sorry that she could support her friends and family as much as she would have liked at that time.
338 Posts
Ooc — Me
It did seem odd to Pump that Thistle was feeling sorry for not being able to join their dangerous game, because she had had the most reasonable argument not to. However some people, who should have been there to prove that they had a place in the pack, hadn't shown up and this fact definitely wasn't added to the "good qualities" list. She would deal with them later though.

"You help in healing Ragnar," she replied and could only imagine, what a difficult patient this fellow could be. "I believe that this is as tough as fighting a bear," after all she had admitted that her mate was "insufferably stubborn". "Takes some courage and persistence," she added. If he had been left on his own, he wouldn't probably be limping around so proudly as he did now.

"What aid will you need?" Pump asked, returning to the subject about the kids that could be born any moment. Surely Ragnar would want to do everything, yet even he wasn't a superman and would need a helping hand.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle did not know that many of the others had failed to show and as a matter of fact Kennedy's scent was stale. She hoped the stubborn razorback hadn't gone off somewhere to waste away and die. she would grieviously upset with him since it was only a leg everything else was healthy.

thistle laughed so hard she thought she'd pee herself. oh pump you have no idea. she slowly stopped laughinf her eyes dancing with merriment. some times especially when it was a bad wound he was definitely like a cranky bear but she was learning to even love that about him.

thistle tilted her head and gave her muzzle a quick swiped before she began well I won't need or be able to get aid in having them but I won't be able to leave the den for a few weeks so mostly just food and rest when I can at first.
338 Posts
Ooc — Me
Pump regarded Thistle with a surprised look, when she burst out in laughter about her husband's stubborness. From her point of view a patient, who was unwilling to bend to the rules, even if they were for his own good, was simply annoying. How did the healer manage to find it funny was beyond her understanding, but apparently she had some influence over the beast.

"We have had quite an influx on newcomers," she said, recalling that each and one of them had promissed to do their best for the pack. It would be a good time for them to show that too. "I will make sure that you are fed every day. If not..." the leader left the unfinished sentence hanging in the air, but the meaning was clear - she wasn't a person to be messed around. If you gave your word, you had to stick to it.

"What about your healer duties?" she asked, since the girl was the only fully accomplished person in the pack. "Should I find someone to assist you?" In other words - someone to boss around.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle found her husband's stubborness funny, simply because it was over the top and he didn't even realize it. he was like a sullen child who hadn't gotten away with something they wanted even at times. But regardless she loved it, it made her laugh and it was a part of him that was a bit of a hard edge.

Thistle chuckled again and spoke quietly teasingly, between you and Ragnar Pump I will never get my girlish figure back. But really Thank you that means a lot to me, that you are willing to help me as are the rest of the pack. She smiled gently.

Thistle listened to it and spoke quietly it would be nice to have another healer, though I would prefer them to be fairly accomplished or at least semi good at it, before they should start to bind wounds. If you can find someone for me to train, I can start right away. I won't be able to train much after I have the pups, but I can yell from the den a few times a day if the other would have the patience.
338 Posts
Ooc — Me
There had been quite a few, who had claimed to have at least some knowledge in healing, and for their own good it was better that they hadn't lied either to her or Ragnar. She had some people already on the black list for not assisting in driving the bear away and the warden had been right in pointing out that this was a more serious matter than she had initially regarded. Danger could be lurking around any corner and, if there were so few, willing to fight for, what they had got, then what good were they for the pack in general?

She didn't get, why Thistle was worried about her good looks, because in Pump's opinion it was far better to be well-fed than die as an emaciated bag of bones. Being fat was actually an accomplishment here out in the wilds. "I will find someone," she promissed. "I hope though that we won't be in need of a healer any time soon."
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle had not known that so few had showed up to help with the bear. If she had she would have been extremely disappointed in her pack mates and those few she called friends. A pack had to be united and take care of one another if they were to thrive. If they couldn't do that, they would sentence this pack to death.

Thistle was merely teasing about her figure. She knew very well she was blessed to be as healthy and wide as she was while pregnant. There were many that were not this lucky and their pups were sickly or died. She indeed counted her blessings, but she did so with slight mirth not at the blessings and not to make light of them, but so they were regarded with joy and happiness. I hope soo too Pump I do not like to see others hurt, though it is my lifes work to heal them.
338 Posts
Ooc — Me
ooc: since puppies were born, I think that we could have a more updated thread. Thanks for this one!

"What use would there be of a healer, if there was no one left to heal," Pump mused, but regarded Thistle with a look of appreciation. She had been of great help to them all and she just as many others were glad to have her here. The girl was good at what she did and more - she did it sincerely and genuinely. There was a great difference, when you did your job just because you had to or because you were passionate about it.

She got to her feet, knowing that it was high time she went and caught up with Ragnar at the borders. For her own selfish reasons she didn't want him to stay there very long on his own. He was her natural rival and the one person that didn't let her to become too lazy. "I will be going now," she told Thistle. "Feel free to order around the lower tier, if there is anything you need," she gave her a permission, even though she was the third highest ranked wolf in the pack and could do that anyway.

Before leaving she stayed a little, in case Thistle had anything else to say.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
ooc: yes of course :)

Thistle chuckled This is true and someone will always be hurt even if it is a little hurt. These pups I'm sure will get into trouble as they grow. Thistle received the look of appreciation with a smile. Glad that she was appreciated by the alpha of her pack. She dipped her head then a little bit shyly. Though she did what she did the truth of the matter was she was humble about it. Merely because she did not wish to be so prideful that she would make a mess of something. She took pride in her job and in herself, but silently

Thistle chuckled and nodded her head knowing very well the rivalry between her husband and her alpha. Neither had to tell her they were from the same cloth in a way and both were strong capable wolves that were proud of themselves and ambitious. You have a good day Pump and I will if I should need anything.