Moonspear With ice cold hands seeking hold on me
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
All Welcome 
@Charon Meet thread? Dakarai might be a bit detached at the moment

The Night before had wounded him severely  for he had lost his wife, the only thing keeping him strong. Olive had chosen her gods over them and now all he had was his children. The thing that made it all worse was that Dakarai could still feel love for Olive, and it made him want to run to her. His whole life had been nothing but pain, why would any gods do that to someone?

Unable to sleep he waited until dawn to get up from his children's side and walk around. He decided to learn the borders and to leave his scent amongst the others. He had thought about running away from everyone and staying a lone wolf until he passed on, but he knew he could never leave his children. Besides he had sworn loyalty to Moonspear and would not repeat what he had done to Blackfeather Woods.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Oblivious to the personal tragedies that had taken place earlier Charon was patrolling the borders early that morning. He'd stayed up through the night too, accompanied by his precious stars, and was eager to head back to Amekaze soon for some rest. The day of birth was drawing nearer and he was already busy preparing the birthing den and making sure it was soft and warm for her; but not too warm, of course. It had to be just perfect.

There he noticed the male counterpart of the new pair. Charon's body language was dominant, tail waving in the air and head erect, as he approached and chuffed to announce his presence, in case the male was lost in thought.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
The chuff didnt immediately sink in as Dakarai continued to walk, but soon after he smelled the male. Turning his head he noticed the dominant stance and knew this must be Charon. Flattening his ears and sinking low to the ground with his tail tucked against his belly, he dipped his head "Alpha." he greeted gruffly, his voice hoarse from the previous nights screaming.

Despite the urge to look up Dakarai kept his posture submissive and respectful knowing not to move until he was permitted to. He wanted to make a good impression, for this pack and his children were all he had left in the world.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
The man crouched low in submission and Charon grinned in approval. It was not hard to guess who this wolf was, as new arrivals were not as common these days, unfortunately — pickings were a lot more scarce than a year ago, when they could afford to deny whoever they wished at the borders. This had to be Olive's mate and that boy, Aries' father — and they had a daughter, too, but Charon'd forgotten her name.

"You are a lot more respectful than your son," Charon said gruffly; "He has yet to learn much about dominance." Then added, "I am Charon Ostrega." Though he guessed the man already knew, formal introductions were appropriate. He wondered if his mate had told him about the altercation with Aries, that he was so submissive now upon their first meeting.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Dakarai looked up at Charon and slowly rose up though he kept his ears flicked back and his tail tucked beneath him. Charon mentioned his son and immediately had Dakarai's full attention " Aries? He...we have been through much on our travels. I apologize if he has done anything to wrong you, but i can also assure he did not know and will be made aware of how status and ranking works my king."  He sounded unsirprised that Aries had done something wrong, he knew his son was strong willed and fiesty.

Charon introduced himself and dakarai nodded "Dakarai Svartell" he responded with a slight smile. The wimd ruffled his pelt and blew the scent of Olive and his children into his nose and a look of obvious sadness swept across his face. Trying to shove it aside he spoke again, his voice wavering "Thank you for..allowing us inside. It must have been difficult to accept a full family into your pack. If there is ever anything you need done, please let me know"  he said gratefully even though he did regret it. He regretted everything that had happened since Teekon, everything except his children.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
"Oh, you have?" Charon asked curiously, wondering what stories Dakarai might have to share. As for his son, "Instinct should have made him aware." But enough had been said about Aries, and Charon could only hope he would sooner or later realise his place in life and in this pack. He was young yet so there was still hope he may grow up to be a more respectful wolf than he was now.

Charon had only indirectly accepted Dakarai and his family; it'd been Ame that had decided to accept them into their midst. "It was. As you probably noticed, Ame is pregnant at the moment. If our daughters weren't growing up so well we might have gotten trouble providing for all once Ame gives birth." But perhaps it were those very hormones that had made her soft, too, towards a family in need. "Why don't we patrol while you tell me the things you and your family have been through before coming here?" Charon turned to lead the way after his suggestion and continued his path in the patrol.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Dakarai felt even more grateful now that he knew Amekaze was pregnant. They were having babies and they still accepted a family with young into their pack. Charon invited him to patrol and share their story and Dakarai blinked. was he to share the truth or fabricate more? He felt the truth was needed, not only because it was the right thing but because he couldnt risk any future consequences. He followed Charon as they began the patrol  "I met Olive while i was a lone wolf. In the mountains actually on a beautiful fall night. We talked and I fell in love with her, she was..is brilliant. The feelings were mutual and I Promised to see her again, so she told me about Teaghlaigh her home. We went our seperate ways after sleeping side by side."  The memories brought him pain but he found himself lost at the memory of how Olive looked pressed into the ground like she was trying to soak up the soil.

He sighed heavily "I headed off and trespassed onto blackfeather woods territory while not paying attention, but quickly corrected myself and crossed back over the borders. I was fascinatee by the mere scent and sight of the borders. They were covered not only by urine and fur, but with blood and scattered body pieces if both wolf and prey. I wanted to see what they were like, see if i could learn things from them so I howled. I joined. i learned it was a mistake. I tried to leave and was attacked on the borders, and fought my way out." his voice became bitter, and disgusted but mostly with himself.

"I set off to find teaghlaigh, guided by olive's description of the land. I was injured,weak,hungry, but I found her there. They accepted me and knew of Blackfeather woods. I loved Teaghlaigh, I was with Olive and it was a noble pack. Me and Olive became official mates and went off on a honeymoon, and she became pregnant. We found an elk herd, one that I had killed from before and so I hunted again with her by my side since she was so newly pregnant she could still work. The elk leader saw and recognized me, and attacked me. I suffered head injuries that caused me to lose my memories. Olive stayed by my side and nursed me to health, but i didnt remember still." his voice began to tremble as he neared the stressful part, and his ears flattened. 

"she took me to Blackfeather woods in hope that something stressful and traumatic would jog my memories. A youth from their pack lured Olive over the borders because he remembered me. By he time i remembered it was too late, and Olive was under attack from the boy. I refused to leave her there and followed after them grabbing Abra-the boy and getting him off her. The rest of the pack came and attacked me and Olive. I offered myself to take my punishments for what i had done to them, but they chose to wound my pregnant wife. We were set loose and we made it back to teaghlaigh. Our leader was mad at us but let us back in. Months after Blackfeatherwoods showed up to torment us more, and our leader gave them Olive's nursemaid and a close friend of mine. She made me call for the woman...she made me summon her to what could have been her death" 

Dakarai felt his eyes close and he fought back tears. He paused for a moment and sat down to take a breath. "Blackfeather was satisfied with innocent blood, and we moved land so they couldnt find teaghlaigh again. When we got to our new home, Teaghlaigh kept one of our children, our sickly son Sirius, and sent me and Olive away with Cassiopeia and Aries. We found moonspear, and now Olive left me. I have lost so many. My first widpfe and Children were murdered." he finished with a soft voice and looked at the leader with despair.

"I want no more trouble, I seek not to leave here. I want to work for my keep somewhere and make a life for myself. Im tired of losing people, so I intend not to love again. and that is my life so far."  He ended with a saecastic bitterness though he meant it toward nobody but himself.

i wrote a novel on a tablet. jeez.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
wow, that must've taken a while xD I hope you have swipe option :o

To be truthful, Charon zoned out after the first load of talking Dakarai did — about meeting Olive, bla bla love story, mushy soppiness — and he didn't even notice the first mention of Blackfeather Woods, Potema's home. It wasn't until the second mention of Potema's home that Charon snapped back to attention and followed some of the story. Something about how Olive'd taken him to the Woods and they had trespassed.

Luckily for Dakarai, Teaghlaigh's mention meant nothing to Charon, as he'd never heard of the pack. "Where is the pack you came from? How far is it from here?" he asked sternly. "And why did Olive trespass?" He could only empathise with Blackfeather Woods' doings, even if he wouldn't have wanted the blood of a third party spilled were it him. But he would have torn apart the trespassers too. Particularly a pregnant female should know better.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Dakarai was surprised by Charon's amount of calm in handling the news. He had grown used to Arturo's harsh and cruel attitude toward him, and he supposed he expected itmfrom everyone. Taking a deep breath he remembered how far he and his family had travelled before finding Moonspear "Far. Very far they wont bother  sending anyone for us, besides Teaghlaigh banned us and said we were only to come back to visit our...our son. It is in a Strath in the Hinterlands." he responded to the first part with ease. He had nothing to hide of Teaghlaigh with their closed minds and lack lf empathy.

Preparing himself for the next question he thought about how to word it "I had amnesia due to a head injury, And Olive was hoping somehing dangerous and traumtic would bring my memories back" his answer was simple and short, becauae he knew just how stupid the decision was. He would never admit that he was grateful for it, and would follow the same path if Olive were to lose her own memory.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon's experience with wolves that they were all a bunch of dumb fucks and he expected them to screw up, but he was glad that Dakarai and Olive's screw-up was partially far-away, anyway. It was Blackfeather Woods that was their only real worry on that front. "Good," he said, hoping he'd never hear of this Teagwhatever pack again so that they could swiftly put this behind them. "I'm friends with someone from Blackfeather Woods. She wouldn't harm Moonspear." He couldn't be too sure about wolves from Moonspear, though he had never really seen Potema as the kind of wolf who'd hurt anyone. In his eyes she was still an innocent little princess that needed protecting but that wouldn't bring harm to others. The rest of Blackfeather was perhaps more like its borders — like that cold-hearted brother of hers he'd met there — but Potema wouldn't let anyone come onto Moonspear territory for some petty conflict. And if they did, he could always just give them the insolent boy. That family was better off without him, anyway.

"That was a dumb decision then," he said curtly, but decided it wouldn't be of any use to discuss it further. "I think it's best to just forget about this shit and that you guys learn from the mistakes and decide not to be dumb idiots next time something similar ever almost happens again." He looked sternly at Dakarai, remaining calm but making it clear he would not tolerate a situation similar to this one without consequence. He wasn't calling them and their actions dumb idiots to be mean — he was only doing it because it was the truth as he saw it and he was pretty sure Dakarai saw it too. Sometimes wolves just needed to hear the truth smacked in their faces to actually do better next time.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
The news of Charon having a friend in Blackfeather woods made his heart jolt slightly, but he kept his face to a nuetral expression. He gave a calm nod of his head to acknowledge the information. 

Charon's response to Olive and his's decision brought an unexpected reaction from him, he snorted loudly. A small smirk curled over his maw and he hung his head nodding "Probably the most foolish thing both her and I have ever done" he admitted as he sobered up once more. Maybe the pent up emotions were finally making him snap, for nothing was funny about what had happened at Blackfeather or at Teaglaigh."We can never forget, but we are trying to move on. I can say we will never repeat that mistake again, for it caused us alot of grief"  He couldn't forget Teaghlaigh because of Sirius, and he couldn't forget blackfeather woods as much as he wished he could.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon expected no more fuss from Blackfeather, especially if these wolves'd been punished. He was glad that Dakarai shared his sentiment on moving on and not repeating this dumb shit they'd pulled — that was the only way they could stay in Moonspear, really. Charon felt like they were a threat to his own family, but mostly because of their children. If those weren't there, it'd all be different. However, he was willing to give all of this a chance.

"Good," he confirmed and for him, the subject was closed with that. "So, I heard you're looking to be a mercenary? What's your specialty?" he asked, deciding to shift the subject around.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Glad for the subject change Dakarai replied with ease "I prefer Offensive. Taking down my enemy as quickly as possible" he stated. He was unsure what specialty that was considered to be. He had told Hydra the same thing pretty much, and she had seemed fairly interested.

"I try to find my enemies weakness, and use it to my advantage. Either a physical or psychological trigger. Psychological triggers are alot harder to pinpoint" he continued. The subject of fighting always made him at ease, as it was something he had done his whole life and grown used to.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon listened as Dakarai explained that he preferred to be on the offensive and taking down enemies. He wondered aloud, "Have you needed to use your skills much in the past?" He had done a fair share of fighting himself, though he hadn't been trained properly or anything — he'd just done it a lot because his big mouth had got him in trouble in the past. Dakarai seemed more calculated from the way he talked about tactics and 'triggers'; Charon didn't even know what triggers were at all, but he didn't want to seem uneducated either.

"Can you tell me a bit more about that?" he asked in a general sense, figuring he'd just play the card of 'I want to know what my pack mates can do in a fight' rather than ask directly about the triggers. It was good to hear that they had gotten a good fighter aboard, though considering what'd happened with Nishu and Lazarus, Charon wasn't entirely at ease just yet and hoped that he had made the right decision to let this man and his family into his pack.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
"unfortunately I had to be more on the offensive recently" he muttered and looked away. He hoped he wasn't asked about the fight with blackfeather where he had to submit after being attacked by many different wolves. He hadn't fought much beside that in the past months.

He smiled as he was asked about triggers and smiled a bit "A trigger is using words to distract or subdue your opponent. It usually works better if you know or can get a grip on the wolfs personality. It is also quite cruel. For instance if you know the wolf had lost a loved one you would bring the subject up in a taunting and rude way. I find rage usually makes a wolf more...clumsy in his fighting."

He explained it the best he could as he hadn't used the tactic much at all. "Physical weaknesses are much easier. A scar to reopen or if the wolf has a noticeable limp you go for the weak leg." He stated casually. It was a harsh and brutal way to fight but it made it go by quicker when you needed to take the opponent down. He felt glad to have someone to talk to this about, Olive wasnt one to discuss fighting much.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon instantly understood the link to the Blackfeather stuff, and he decided not to push on it even though he was curious if Dakarai had fought much before then. He was told more about triggers and chuckled as Dakarai mentioned that mention of a wolf's sensitive spot might make them more clumsy. "Or it might make them so fucking crazy they'll claw your eyes out and let you bleed to death slowly," he commented. Most of his fights had begun this way, where they'd be swapping insults and one — usually the other — had reached their limits. But it had never been with that intent.

The physical thing was a quite obvious one, something to always keep in mind, and Charon nodded as he was listening. Then he said: "I want you to teach my daughter Hydra as much as you know, too. I know she's looking to be a warrior too." Hydra was always up for a spar, and to divert that energy onto someone else while he busied himself with preparations for the next bunch of pups was convenient, but also would teach Hydra more to train with and learn from a third party beside her family.

The pair talked for a while longer about warrior things until eventually going their separate ways. Charon felt a bit better about the family that'd been recruited into their midst then; his son might be out of hand, but Dakarai seemed to have a good head on his shoulders.