Moonspear line of sight
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
Twice Hydra had made an attempt to see Rian. Once she had been intercepted by a wolf named Rannoch, and another she had met a wolf not even within the band. Still, Hydra did not doubt he would have known she had come by... and she felt disappointment as she peered over the edge of Moonspear that he had not come to seek her in turn. She had missed him, for some inexplicable reason his company had made an impression upon her... and as it turned out, it was for naught. He had not missed her in turn. 

She grit her teeth and adjusted her course. Her path turned to that of her sisters, and for a while the three of them roughhoused. This day Hydra was particularly aggressive as she let out her irritation, though no blood had ever been drawn. Once finished with their romping the trio found a rabbit to take down, and after eating it the sisters departed one anothers company knowing they would return to it later. Hydra again tracked down her father with much on her mind. Other than the distress of being, well, forgotten by someone she had imagined would not forget her (who could forget her?!), the presence of the two young cubs disconcerted her inexplicably. She avoided the young and had not yet made an active attempt to seek out the parents independently... though she had a mind to find Dakarai, given his desire to become mercenary. She moved toward the borders, more relaxed than she had been at the start of the day but still biting at the bit for some kind of distraction.

*BORDERS FRED
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon had spent his day preparing @Amekaze 's birthing den. It was done more efficiently than the year before, now more experienced in what she needed and able to leave out what she definitely didn't need. Then he'd hunted a rabbit and he had cached it not far from said birthing den in the forests at the mountain's base, before turning towards the borders for a quick patrol to make sure everything was safe. He was glad that his daughters had picked up patrolling and doing what was needed around the borders of the mountain too; he could not do it without them, really. Amekaze was coming closer to bursting day each passing moment and Charon knew from that moment on he'd spend weeks going on barely any sleep while he fervently guarded his family. Particularly with the little wormy Aries running around the pack. He was young, perhaps, but Charon didn't trust how he seemed to lack any instincts, and felt extra protective of his own young therefore.

Just as he reached the end of the forest that marked the borders he noted that one of his daughters, it seemed, shared his thoughts and joined him there. He chuffed to let his presence be known, though he wasn't sure yet if it was Hydra or Alya (Lyra, he didn't expect here as much).
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
*fwd date$ to present day*

Well, she thought, it wasn't inexplicable. And while she had not sought them out, they were on this mountain now—though there was hope for the young girl (a thought she conjured due to Alya's preference), the boy... well, time would tell what he would learn. His mother was under the impression that due to his youth letting him attack others and challenge adults was acceptable. Maybe to some it might be, and maybe to some it could be cute, but Hydra was not some. Hydra also knew that her family were not that way either, except perhaps Korei. Hydra had no qualms in doing it, and would have the other day—though she felt the responsible thing to do would be to offer a warning first. Though being responsible in such a way was not her strongest of qualities, for once it sounded off. Though had she gripped a bit tighter, restricted his ability to breathe... well, she would have felt guiltless. Hydra liked Olive, though—she might not be the best or the smartest mother, but she could be of use to Lyra, and  this she wanted for her sister. Dakarai she liked even more for his desire to become mercenary. If their dimwitted kids did not exist, all would be well. 

That was not the way things went, however. 

An ear flit backward as she heard the sound of another, and Hydra looked behind her to see the pale figure of Charon approaching her. She paused, head tall and tail waving in greeting, and for a beat thought of adopting the guise of Alya. But her mind could not grip that desire. So she remained silent, ears perked.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
It didn't instantly become clear to Charon which of his daughters he was meeting here at the borders, but he figured he would find out soon enough. He fell in step with her, continuing their patrol. Charon remembered hearing about the things that'd happened with the boy, Aries, and found himself annoyed with the happenings there. He needed to learn some respect quick, and Charon could only hope the next months'd bring some form of it, for he didn't want anything to risk the health of his pups.

He walked in silence for a bit, walking alongside his daughter and occasionally rubbing along the ground or trees and urinating here and there to mark their borders.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra mimicked her father, ruminating in their silence for the while. Her frustration was palpable, though she was never known to be the most patient of his daughters when it came to her aggravation. Seeking a reminder, Hydra asked after rubbing her furs against a tree, I'm allowed to kill him, if he does what he does again? Her father had always trusted her judgment, and so she did not doubt that she could. It did not feel strange or out of place to ask the question—not when his behavior indicated he had no sense. That could only mean he would exercise that same ill judgment elsewhere, and Hydra was already protective of the things to come. They were a part of her, and Hydra would not have them at risk in their own home.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
It seemed so very sudden and strange that she would speak of such things so nonchalantly that Charon was taken aback a moment. He stopped in his tracks and looked at Hydra; his face betrayed little emotion because he was not sure what to think. He hadn't given this situation much thought yet, but now that he did, he realised that if he would've given it thought beforehand he would have found the same conclusion Hydra had.

"You are allowed to kill anyone who is a threat to us or the pups," he then echoed — not saying 'yes', because for this exact situation it shouldn't be a 'yes'. It didn't seem alright to kill the pup who might grow up okay for being disobedient, but if he were to act equally carelessly and brutal around their newborns it would be necessary to get rid of him. "If he is disrespectful again to any of the adults, he should be humiliated more until he submits," added Charon, to clarify further. He wanted nothing but to have the boy function in his pack and for that to happen, he needed to be taught submission.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra thought of things in terms of the future. He was a bean, now, and could be put out with ease. She was certain in the future it would be much the same (though he would no longer be small, certainly)—but what if by then he had committed the crime? Hydra flicked an ear. I do not think he understands, Hydra expressed. Though she was uncertain as to how it all worked (the mind of young), she went on, he seemed rather pleased by it all. His mind does not seem sound, not since the very first day she and her father had seen him. But she supposed if he did learn, then she could let bygones be bygones. Hydra wanted much the same thing as her father, in any case... a functional and united Moonspear.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon could only agree that Aries didn't seem sound at all, and that he preferred to just chuck him off the mountain. But it had to look like an accident at the very least, or there should've been some incentive. He thought he had been clear enough with what he had first said. Anyone who is a threat. It was a very loose wording and he thought that she could work with that. "If he does anything to threaten the pups or the pack, there'll have been good reason," he echoed to make sure that she understood. "And I'll always trust your judgement on that." Even if I think that there hadn't been a good reason. But he couldn't possibly add this, because he didn't really want to give his daughter incentive to murder a pup. He just wanted to make sure she knew that he would support her if she thought it necessary, if she couldn't sleep if the pup was walking around alive. Because he didn't care a shit about Aries, and he cared all the world about Hydra.

Then with a ninety degree twist he suddenly said, one raised eyebrow in question, "So I met this Rian O'Malley fellow at the Glen the other day. What's up with that?" He mostly wanted to know why his daughter was hanging out with such a dweeb, because he didn't seem, well, quite good enough for his daughter to be friends with. He wasn't going to forbid her to hang out with anyone, but he was just curious why someone like, well, that.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
His words were enough for Hydra. He had always enabled her, and in turn Hydra more likely than not enabled her father—they were quite a pair, the two of them, who could do no wrong in the eyes of the other. She nodded to convey she understood him perfectly at last. Hydra wasn't one who needed to hear these sorts of things, as she was validated enough without the words, but to hear them made her all the more certain. 

His next words were a shock, and her ears pricked atop her crown as she registered the name he had spoken. There was a flash of frustration on her features when she understood that he had met him outside the territory... and yet Rian had not yet come here. She felt in the pit of her stomach the realized fear that he would not make good on his promise, and the wound it inflicted to her person caused an ugly reaction. Nothing, she responded levelly, meaning it—she felt this was what Rian was telling her, in not coming... even after meeting her own father. Her scent, her families scent, upon Charon would leave little to any imagination... even to one so dim as Aries. I met him once and I got a bit turned around, and he helped me get back here. Haven't seen him since, she shrugged. She held her tongue, forbidding her own self from asking "why?" or "what did you think of him?" because that would imply that she cared. 

And Hydra was now actively working against that. Within, her emotions flipped every table they could find in fury.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
There was a brief flash of emotions before his daughter coldly said 'nothing', but Charon suspected there was more, especially considering the awkwardness the boy had exuded once finding out who he was. He wasn't going to pressure Hydra the same way, knowing enough for now, and also knowing enough from the toneless 'nothing' she responded with. Whatever might've been seemed extinguished now.

"He seemed like a dweeb to me," Charon shared frankly. He thought his daughter was too good to be friends with someone like Rian, in all truth, but he admired that she'd try to include a loser like Rian nevertheless. He watched Hydra's face closely, hoping to decipher more information from her response to his words on the matter.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Maybe he is, she responded with a shrug, it's been a while since I met him. She looked to her father. That much was really true—he had gone back on his word, for whatever reason, and that was enough reason for Hydra to reconsider her own opinion and thoughts. He might have been cool then, but her father had quite obviously met the new and unimproved version of Rian—the one who did not do as he said he would. Dishonesty was dweeby, she decided. 

Not wanting to dwell on dweebs, though, Hydra darted forward. Wanna hunt something? her tail waved at her suggestion. It needn't be anything big, but hunting with her dad was one of her favorite past-times. They made an effective father-daughter duo.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Charon was satisfied that his daughter seemed to agree with him, at least somewhat, and that she wasn't presently hanging out with him. She deserved much better friends, however commendable her efforts were to befriend a loser. She was such a sweetheart.

Her energy was high as ever and with excitement she suggested a hunt. "Definitely," Charon said with a wave of his tail. "Lead the way." It was her suggestion and Charon saw only advantages to letting her take the lead on this one, so he waited for her to start their hunt.

do you want to write out the hunt or fade it here? :D
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fade?! Cause I let this get crusty!!! I WILL START US A NEW THREAD THO

Hydra bounded ahead of him and took the lead, tail waving. In no time at all they came across some injured animal and together took it down. The leftovers, what little there were left, were brought to Amekaze. Hydra was content to spend time with them until she decided to find her sisters later in the evening.