Moonspear in fantasia
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
All Welcome 
Dusk settled after a rainy, dreary day. With the fading light, the dark alpha finally arose from the cover of a thicket to prowl. She was reluctant to spend too much time necessarily at her den so soon, but in an effort to convince herself otherwise and warm up to it, she instead just kept to relatively nearby when she wasn't doing anything but lounging around--which had consumed many of her recent afternoons already. Even so, evenings like these still lured her out more than any desire to rest could weigh her down, although she knew instinctively that these free-flying days were numbered; she also knew to make use of them, and had to stretch her legs while she could do so undisturbed.

After unearthing a small cached meal--digesting, shaking sleep off her bones, and weighing her options all together, she meandered a pathway. She did not find immediate trails pointing towards her family to direct her attentions and neither did covering the distance to the borderlands hold any appeal. Instead of her usuals, she veered longed to towards the swatch of mountainside she knew @Olive's family frequented. Scents thickened steadily as she went, and so, her gait slowed back into an easy jog.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Dakarai lay outside the den where the family still slept, and gazed out at the dark grey skies. The rain misted his pelt and he huffed a sigh, shifting backward so that he could be sheltered from the cold wetness of the rain. Puddles formed on the ground and he bent his head to one and began to drink. The coolness refreshed him and he gave a small sigh before turning around a few times and laying down with his head on his paws. He was restless and bored but also didnt feel like leaving his children unattended on a wet day where they could hurt themselves.

The sound of footsteps falling on wet ground alerted him to a presence and he sat up quickly trying to sniff out who it was, though the rain masked the scent. Standing up completely he walked toward the sound and spotted Amekaze, chuffing to greet her he offered a hesitant smile as he assumed a submissive posture his ears flicking back and tail dropping. "Amekaze! Out for a stroll on this lovely day?" he called, joking lightly with the alpha. His ears forward as thunder rolled through the sky and he glanced up toward the clouds "Would you like to dry off? our den is up the hill" He offered kindly.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
As it would turn out, it was the male she would come across first. His words brought her ears quivering to a new attention and she looked him over carefully. By himself, away from the immediate presence of his family, she wondered how he may read exactly. "Dakarai," she greeted in return, tail curling up slowly at the sight of his posture and appeased enough for a slow waver. Since he was respectful already, she did not pres him for more than that. "Suppose so. Just needed to get out, do something.. with or without the full cooperation of the weather," she replied with a fleeting smirk, for it wasn't entirely wrong to call it just a stroll essentially, by any means. The accompanying thunder had her damp hackles shifting, but otherwise, she wasn't bothered enough yet to head for shelter. "No thanks. Do not worry, I have seen worse, and I do not mind a little rain sometimes.." she declined with a soft shake of her head and chuff. And, she was already opposed enough to spending time at her den right now (knowing she'd have plenty of time to do that soon), so she'd tolerate a little weather because of determination to just stay out.

Subtly, she shifted her stance and wanted to bring up what was immediately on her mind. She had not made the time to investigate very thoroughly much before now, letting her information come in secondhand besides encountering little Aries for herself. The pack, mainly comprised of her family, seemed to have their own way of adjusting to the newcomers.. "I have not checked in sooner, but--how are things here for your family so far?" As straightforward as could be, she'd leave it up to him to chose what he answered about--be it all things or just the kids or the territory itself, she didn't care where it began.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Dakarai nodded silently a gesture that said as you wish. He shifted his position so he was sitting up straighter, though he made sure he wasnt above her level. Her question made him hesitate for a few moments as he thought about how to respond. "Olive and me have seperated. We are no longer mates. We are choosing to parent together for the sake ofmour children." his voice went hoarse as he fought back the keening whimper the news always brought up. It was still a fresh wound and he wished it could just be left alone already.

"Aries and Cassippeia will be taught about submission. I heard a bit about what happened with him and Charon, And I offer my condolences. They dont seem to have the natural instincts of submission, though Cassiopeia seems to be more dominant of the two." he continues calmly offering a sheepish look toward his alpha.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
The first piece of news he imparted was.. unexpected, and thus, her head tilted as she listened. She found herself uncertain what was reasonable to say in that regard, and sensing it was the emotional topic it ought to be, she waned. Instead, focusing on the pups, and how they'd both continue to parent them together regardless. "I am sure they will grow to appreciate that," she replied, touching her words with a somber hint of her condolences--which, she hesitantly assumed it was not for the best from Dakarai's perspective. Still, two parents were better than one, or none, so she'd at least see the light in that, however small it may look.

And since it seemed a delicate subject, she would let it be for now.

He then brought up something she too had heard pieces of, although had honestly been half-asleep when Charon had mentioned it in passing--surely something about the whelp being a brat, so she had not dwelled upon it extensively since she had not seen it firsthand. "That is good. It will be a wise lesson, I feel," she replied with a thoughtful nod. Her litter's dynamic was probably much different than what Cassiopeia and Aries would establish, with the Cerberus always to function as one (although Hydra ranked as most forward) and Korei on the outside, although not pushed aside. Order had seemingly fallen among them smoothly, and they had caught on quickly; they minded her and their father's status well without her needing to enforce much as well.. but the love she had given them had always been a little rough on its edges. " As they get older, it should fall more into place for them.. and practice helps. Maybe their instincts on the matter just have not had much, ah, exercising before now..?" she supposed, considering their small family unit and how young the puppies were still. The mountain would be a crash course in it for them, hopefully sharpening them quickly and effectively--if her own little beasts did not overwhelm them first. 
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
"I thought it would be for the best." he agreed as Amekaze commented on the parenting choice he and Olive had decided on. He appreciated how The alpha had not made a big deal out of his and Olives splitting, and felt himsef relax again as the conversation remained on the children. "No they have not had much experience with submission and Dominance, but they will learn" he stated sternly. He had experience with packs run by rank dominance, and he would teach his children how it worked.

Giving a slight sigh he looked at Amekaze "I fear for Aries. He shows no proper behavior or emotions for a pup so young, but instead is always calm and cold." he wondered if the alphess would have any advice for him, how would she deal with a young boy who acted so abnormally? Was it the fault of all the hardships Aries had already seen? did it cause more problems to his son's young mind then he or Olive were aware of?
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She did have to wonder what that meant--that he thought it for the best, if that only meant the parenting side of it, not his ties to Olive through mateship. But, she did have a difficult time mentally separating raising her offspring from doing so with Charon, assuming they were both alive and here, she didn't imagine having one without the other. Yet this was.. her situation, not his, and she wasn't going to go picking around with it with him. It was just good that the whelps would have them both. That was what she took from this so Amekaze nodded, still in agreement that them learning the ropes of dominance and the like would of a benefit to them. With him seeming so certain they would learn, she understood it as him ensuring that it was taught to them--all well and good, should his words come to be true.

But the father's fears for his son canted her head, and she tried to relate it somehow. On the whole, her daughters had grown up comfortably here and if anything, they (meaning Alya mainly) had bothered her because they were loud when they were Aries' age, not too quiet... So, knowing quite the opposite, she had to take a different approach. "Maybe that is just part of how he is, or maybe he has not.. settled in, become comfortable enough, to show much more. If he has known a lot of struggle, travel, and changing places, maybe that just makes him feel like.. simply not feeling," she shrugged. Then again, this was all speculation on her part. He was very young still, despite everything. Perhaps that was all there was to it. "Or, maybe, he just has not found what he likes to feel, yet. My four daughters.. none of them seemed to have any issue quite like that, but I have always been quick to foster their interests, and help keep them busy. Plus they have always known the mountain as home, so.. very different," she shook her head softly. Even all of her efforts to keep them growing strong had turned into its own way to worry her sometimes, but it was for much different reasons than what Dakarai voiced here and now.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Dakarai winced at Amekaze's words and then quickly tried to hide it. The three children had known more than their share of troubles and they weren't even four months old yet. They had been moved from their birth home as tiny nursing pups,forced to walk a long stretch of distance to the strath, and then when they had barely gotten settled they had been uprooted again and separated from one another. No child deserved it and it was no wonder they were having difficulties in pack life. They had never truly known anything but travelling with their family.

Dakarai's attention had slipped but he snapped back as he heard Ame say something about interests. It took him a moment to realize that she was talking about her four little girls,and he nodded "I dont know much of what Cassiopeia is interested in, but Aries seems like a fighter. Maybe I can teach him things myself since I too am a warrior" he stated. It had begun to rain heavily again and he blinked a droplet out of his eyes. "I should head back...do you need anything?" He asked to make sure she didn't need him for something else.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Amekaze's ears stayed tilted back somewhat. "Maybe it will just take him time. But I would agree.. learning to be a warrior could be a good outlet for him to help him settle," but again, this was all theory, and she'd never raised young wolves with the history his Aries and Cassiopeia had. Still, she did want to encourage Dakarai to teach them if they would learn, for the good of them all honestly. "It worked well for me, long ago as a youth.." she shrugged, for she would always be quick to help him foster such interests in the boy with her bias tilting that way anyway. Although, right now, her status as one of their warriors seemed kind of faraway.

Noting the rain picking up, she shook her head to his question. "No, I am fine.. thanks, though," she declined, not really having anything on her mind that he could help with, no hunger needing sated or otherwise. He'd at least served as interesting company, and she knew he was on guard on behalf of his family.. so for right now, she'd let him go without any resistance.

Next, she gave her parting words and saw him on his way. She'd round back towards her densite, and either rest or repeat her small circuit..