Hoshor Plains do you know how long it would take me to read thirteen billion books.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
All Welcome 
It hadn't taken long for Liffey at least to determine that Hoshor Plains really needed to be nothing more than a pausing point on their journey. There was not much to the land besides space. It was flat, treeless and covered in nothing but golden blades of tall grass. She did admire the open air that gave her a clear view of the sky she paid so much attention to, but other than that, she really didn't care much for the place.

And so, the girl wandered. As always, Liffey had given notice to @Rannoch before going away from the pack, but as always, she hadn't exactly stuck to the forecasted trajectory she had given to him at the time of her departure. She'd intended to explore more to the East, but had been distracted by following a broad herd of buffalo as they moved North towards the edge of the mountains.

The young Blackthorn had no intention of attempting to hunt the buffalo she followed; she wasn't as stupid as her mother to take on such a fierce beast on her own. But the aspiring ranger had long ago learned that following herds like this often was a good way of mapping the land and discovering useful natural resources.  So, Liffey cantered along peacably with them, steering clear enough that they knew she was no thread and so ignored her.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
his crown was ever changing made as it was by leaves and berries of the season
228 Posts
Ooc —
*scoots mato in here*

[table width=85%][tr][td]
The starlight king follows Rannoch and company as they flit from territory to territory in search of the place they will together claim and call osta; in truth Mato does not mind the journey. He enjoys the expedition and the opportunity to explore territories that are beyond his wildest imagination. As hard as it was for him to leave beyond Broken Antler Fen and his family he is undeniably glad that he has if only because he is given a chance to experience things that he would not have otherwise. The empyrean is enchanted and though there is an ache in his heart for his parents and siblings he is happy. The guardian of the earth is a sprite of the terra and all of it’s wonders and he finds immeasurable peace in newfound freedom, unshackled by rules and the fear of what lay beyond the safety of the only home he ever knew. There is no fear at what he does not know: only a curiosity.

The plains are so very different than the other territories the gathering of youths has called temporary home. They are aired and crisp, the tall heather grasses tickle his hocks and elbows as he moves through them, mindful of the large beasts that he thinks he has heard one of his pack-mates call buffalo in passing. They are massive and powerful beasts and Mato is fascinated by them in the same way that he is fascinated by new territories. He gives them a wide berth for the fear of being trampled by their hooves but they do not seem all that bothered by him as he studies them from afar. Movement catches his attention and candescent verdant gaze rises from the thick beast to the young woman that moves amiably among them. He recognizes her from sight but vaguely. They have not been introduced and the druid is struck by the sudden desire to amend that thus letting out a soft chuff of greeting to garner her attention.
[/td][/tr][/table]
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Yayay!

With the rumble of the herd's movements filling her ears, Liffey did not notice she had a shadow until it called out to ensnare her attention. She turned in surprise to see the boy, recognizing him as one of the pack, but not one she'd actually been introduced to yet. The Blackthorn stopped to allow him to catch up to her, peering curiously at him. He was younger then she was for sure, but not by too much. Or at least, she didn't think he was. She supposed it didn't matter much how old he was so long as he didn't act like an annoying, bratty kid, even if he was the right age for it.

"Hey," she said to him once he was near enough, "I'm Liffey." She wagged her tail amiably, taking up a nuetral stance towards him.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~