Stone Circle I gave myself in that misty light
taking a ride on a cosmic train
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Private 
[table width=68%][tr][td][Image: FJHr1Yn.gif?1]
@Ezekiel so to make it clear, she's close to the borders, not quite trespassing yet! aaaaand this post got a little long, sorry about that!

Under the light of a full moon, the pale woman glowed in the dim light while she chased a small lightning bug. Jaws gently snapping shut in an attempt to capture the thing, but careful as to not crush it nor swallow. The life of a loner had both its ups and downs - the ups were a somewhat carefree, duty free life where one could frolic and play so long as they were careful about food and not to wander close to danger. On the other hand, they had no protection from family, nor the security of a home. Despite the later being more of the life Reiko was comfortable in, she made the best of a loner's life, choosing to play while she could and today, her chosen playmate was a small, blinking, luminescent bug. 

Even as carefree as she seemed, the young female thought back to the family that had come and gone so quick. Both that of her birth and adoptive; she continuously thought and hoped that the famine had not taken them victim while she wandered in the lost. The famine still chilled her to the thought, if it weren't for the kindness of strangers, she too, would have fallen victim.

Leaps and bounds carried her at a quickened pace, her legs nearly tangling among themselves with sharp turns, following the bug that blinked in and out of sight at almost teleportation speeds. They could have been different bugs, honestly, but it was more pleasant to think that they were the same. However, the fun and games had come to a quick halt as a smell overtook her senses, planting her feet into the ground abruptly to stop her movements; only for the momentum of going forward to continue and push her rear over her head and cause a tumble. Rolling over once, she laid there in the dirt. A pack's border was near by, from the strength of the smell, she wasn't quite in their territory yet, but certainly too close for her own and possibly their comfort. 

Lifting herself off the ground, Reiko turned her back on what was an upcoming border and started to make distance between herself and them. It was hard to think of coming across another pack, after spending so long without a pack in sight, after Silvertip's boundaries had gone unmarked and abandoned. 

But apparently, her pace to leave before she trespassed wasn't quick enough... someone was around to see her near overstepping. 
[/td][/tr][/table]
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Its totally fine! It was a nice read :)

Ezekiel was of course patrolling the border when he caught a familiar scent. A familiar, but unfamiliar scent. He couldn't quite place it, but he knew it. Whoever it was, whether he knew it or not, was getting mighty close to the border, and he was cautious of that. Especially since the attack. He'd always been wary of those to arrive at the borders, but since the death of his best friend, that caution had only gained more motive. And so he thundered off after the scent, his short thick breaths seemed colder than the late spring air.

He had to leave the border a little to find the wolf, but soon his eyes fell upon her. At first he did not recognize her. Perhaps it was the amnesia that he'd had, but he could not place a name to the pale white woman. His frame powerful and intimidating, he barked sharply at her to get her attention. She hadn't trespassed, but he wanted an explanation as to why she was so close to his home.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki

Although the scent of a pack had caused a mental whiplash, she was quick to move on and find something ese to occupy her thoughts and begin a new play. The insects were plenty and she found a new blinking light to carry her away. Behind her the plush feathers of her tail swung from side to side with new excitement, readying to pounce until a bark caught caught her off guard from behind, swinging her around awkwardly to face whomever had caught her in the act of nearly trespassing.

For a moment her tail tucked itself underneath, readying for whatever may come her way for being a a little too close. The individual was intimidating, but the familiarity was quick to come and a transformation of her posture began.

A smile was first to appear, bright eyes illuminating when falling on the face of someone she had once called friend. Famine had not taken him as a victim after all! Ezekiel! I didn't think I'd see any of the Silvertip wolves ever again. She chose not to ask about the others, uncertain of their fate and perhaps of what terrible memories it might rise. 

Light steps brought her a couple steps closer to the male, still she kept a distance, weary of the pack lands boundaries but desiring to be a little closer to Ezekiel for familiarity sake. You must be furious with me. For vanishing from the pack months ago, ears flattened against her crown apologetically  and yet still with her shame she could not stiffen the mild movement of her tail. He didn't seem all to pleased to see her, and so she assumed the happiness of seeing one another was a one sided affair.[/td][/tr][/table]
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
The stranger tucked her tail at first, submissiveness that pleased the feral dominant side of Ezekiel. He puffed out his snowy white chest and held his head high, raising his paw and stomping down as a bull would. He was obviously agitated with her being so close, so she had better explain herself soon. The warrior was expecting an explanation, a sorry even, but what he got was his name. How did this woman know his name, and the name of his old home? Something clicked inside him, recognition of her face. But who she was, he didn't remember.

For some reason the recognition of her allowed the male to relax a little. Plus she acted friendly. Though he didn't know her now, it was definitely possible that they were friends before. Even so, he would be wary of her until he was certain of who she was and what her intentions were. She neared him, and Ezekiel growled a bit, not wanting her as close as she was. There were only a few allowed to be that close nowadays. He still did not speak, he was still trying to figure out who she was. Her next words didn't ease him. 

How do you know me? He asked, though it was more of a demand for an answer than it was a question.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki

The growl was a surprise, blame her naivety but she surely wasn't expecting such a response, especially when she still kept a rather sizeable distance between them. Immediately in response she backed up, further than she was before her attempt at a friendly approach. About a wolflength more than it was previously. I see. Her tone dropped from the cheery upbeat and leaned more to a neutral. 

By the way he looked at her and spoke, there was only one conclusion that she could draw. I'm simply not that memorable, it's alright. She smiled again, this time to the ground, with her eyes filled with thoughts that would be eft unsaid. It didn't matter after all. Perhaps it would be stroke of good luck if no one remembered her, at least she wouldn't seem like a deserter - despite Reiko herself, believing she was. 

We were pack mates for a while, maybe too short of a while, during the famine. My name is Reiko Izuka, and even if you don't remember, you invited me to be brought into the ranks. She shrugged softly, more or less in an attempt to stiffen any emotions that may rise. She was an adult now, she had to act proper instead of letting emotions run her words and actions. I just want to say thank you for that opportunity, however short lived it was. I'm happy to see someone else other than myself had survived such conditions. Just now she had realized how much she had spoken, even if she wanted to continue talking, the young woman closed her mouth finally - readying to turn and continue on her journey away.[/td][/tr][/table]
Healing (2/6)

bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
The pale furred woman looked hurt by Ezekiel not knowing her. Could they truly have been that close if he couldn't recall her name? Even though her words were sad, he couldn't bring himself to trust her. He was wary and showed no pity for her in that moment. His icy blue eyes bore into her, coaxing an answer from her coal lips. Finally she explained. They were pack mates during the famine, the famine he recalled all too well. When at last she spoke her name, all his memories of her returned.

Reiko. He'd met her at a frigid mountain, in a cold forest. He'd taken her home and they'd become quick friends, they'd hunted together and talked. One day she had left. She had deserted them, but she had returned just like he had. She turned to leave, and he stepped forwards. Wait. He called, then did not speak again. He didn't know what to say; sorry for not recognizing her? Was he to be angry for her leaving or happy at her return? You are alive. I'm very glad. Was all he could say.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
this was short but i enjoyed it! I couldn't keep her around, but we can do another thread later on if you want to!
With her eyes now on the horizon instead of the grey toned male, she could see all the insects around. Their lights dancing in a blinking air bourn ballet. If there was something that she had learned while returning to the life of a loner, is that moving on, no matter the circumstances, was key to survival and living happily. Making distance between them, she hesitantly slowed her pace down to a stop when he called out for her to wait. Even with his step forward, their distance had grown larger. Both physically and spiritually. 

The silence grew again. Without a second word from him, she casted a glance over her shoulder. Baby blues hovering over the snowy capes of her pelt. What could have been just seconds felt like an eternity before he finally spoke up again. With no indication of him continuing, she turned back to the field of blinking lights, the ones who had brought her here to begin with. Take care. Her soft voice chimed out before she bounced off, plush tail waving behind her while she followed a new herd of bugs - although mildly hurt, the young woman forced herself to move on instead of lingering on the distraction of a lost friend. Thinking at at least he wasn't lost to famine, it was the silver lining. 
[/td][/tr][/table]
Healing (2/6)

bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
aww bye reiko! Sorry zekie kind of scared her away and made her sad. I'd love another thread in the future, or a thread with another one of my toons <3

Ezekiel's heart wanted to tell her to stop, to come back with him to Stone Circle, to Easthollow. After all, they had been her family. He, had been her family. He should invite her back as Krypton and the others had for him when he'd returned broken and tired. He could do for another friend, a familiar face around. But something inside of him stopped him from doing so. Something that told him that she would be more trouble than she was worth, that she would be happier somewhere safer, less solemn.

And so she turned around, said take care, and left. He did not stop her. He watched her leave with sadness in his heart, and in his empty blue eyes. He had lost another friend, she wasn't dead, but she was gone. After her ivory pelt had completely disappeared from the green scape, he turned and walked back to the borders, to continue his patrol.