Moonspear not being able to find it
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
and we're in ! AW for moonspearians (:

still confused about the entire lyra-hydra affair, terance decided to put it in the past. lyra must've been a dream, somehow, and hydra was just a strange coincidence. he was just happy to be a part of a family again, even though it wasn't his traditional family. moonspear would surely be a great place to ground himself, and despite his encounter with hydra, surely he would be able to make some acquaintances.

he decided today that border patrol would be a good way to fall into duties. he didn't have many back home since they were mostly nomads, they didn't have a territory to defend, but dante kept him in the loop. and, regardless, instinct brought him to the border. he remained quiet while he patrolled, finding a lot about the experience relaxing. he was sure though that if he found something that wasn't supposed to be here, it would be far less relaxing. but for now, he deciding, he rather liked this chore, and continued along the cliffs with his ears perked and his tail waving low behind his hocks.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra was never far from the borders as of late. She wanted to become a Guardian of Moonspear, and worked at it more often than she did not. Her days consisted of practicing fighting or patrolling, though she did work at tracking prey animals as well. She wanted to become the best of the best, and was devoted to becoming the best she could become. That was something she worked on every day. Her long-legged strides led her path to cross with Terance, and she was glad to see that he was patrolling. Though his back was to her, Hydra moved to close the distance between them mutely, adjusting her gait to more of a quiet prowl, hoping to catch him unawares. Her tail waved behind her, happy to see that the new Moonspear wolf was not lazy.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
Hope you don't mind me popping in with Aries - I'm trying to develop his character more and get a few more posts for him!

EDIT: Oh I got ninja'd xD

He had gone rather far from his parents now, he knew, but he did not try to find his way back. He was content to explore by himself, despite having encountered multiple wolves during his travels across the territory. Aries had discovered various things about those wolves, who apparently he seemed to have to live with now - Charon, the dominant big guy, was disliked by the young boy. He had pushed Aries down and forced him to show submission, making him look weak. He hated that, and for now refused to go anywhere near the alpha. He had also seen Hydra, who was almost as quiet as he was, except that he knew she had spoken before, unlike Aries who didn't want to even try just yet. Then there was Amekaze, and the Sigma had not decided whether or not he liked her. 

Once again, the ash-grey boy came across a stranger. From a little distance, Aries stared with a cold gaze, scanning the male ahead of him. He made no move to greet the newcomer, instead standing stiffly, poking his nose up to see if he could pick anything up from the scent of the man. Not much, it appeared, was of any interest to the Sigma, so he just stood there. Waiting. Perhaps the wolf would notice him, perhaps not. Though one must be blind to not see a young boy standing a mere 5 metres away, eyes fixed upon them.

He also noticed the dark girl, Hydra approach, but he did not spare her a glance.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
hydra's silence would be the second time a shadow would sneak up on him, making him even more confused about his night with lyra. but, besides that, it truly was hard to miss the tiny child glaring at him from a few feet away, and terance stopped dead in his tracks to return the stare and sniff. he stared right back at him for a few more moments before he scrunched his eyebrows and let out a "what?" as in, what are you looking at? but in much fewer words.

he was still unaware of hydra nearby, as (for the most part) he was still turned away, and the little shadow was all too light on her feet for him to be distracted by this child and notice her.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra was close, but noted Terance's attention on something. She did not see the creature, but she smelled it, and Hydra grit her teeth. And so instead of moving to surprise Terance, she simply nodded to him mutely and marched passed him, behaving as though she had not noted the cub and that Terance was venting to the wind, or something. She heard wolves did that. She also hoped that as soon as she was out of their line of sight that a coyote that could not be caught came and swooped up the child, carrying him far away. That the cub was here certainly didn't look good for his parents... or his own survival intuition... but again, she had noooo idea it was there. Hydra marched onward.
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
Aries continued to stare at the new male, tail flicking as he did so. His gaze, however, soon landed on Hydra as she came on to the scene and completely ignored him. This, naturally, he did not like, and his glare was directed at her now instead. His eyes narrowed. He might be small and young, but he was rather large for his age and grasped at a darkness he had yet to discover. 

The boy took once step forward, then paused, contemplating whether to approach more or just leave. He had no interest in who the male was, but Hydra was beginning to annoy him and he rather enjoyed the thought of latching his teeth around her neck. Perhaps that might be strange for a month old pup to imagine, but he was unaware and instead allowed his cold stare to remain on the older girl regardless. But what if the other guy helped Hydra? Aries might want to be the top dog, but he was not stupid. There was no doubt in his mind that he would lose against a bigger pup and a full-grown adult.

This alone made him hesitate, unsure whether to just leave now or attack. Perhaps he should just stay, watching the others as they spoke. If they spoke. Maybe he could learn some more about them. Information, he knew, could be useful, right? He had begun learning about various packmates just from listening, and he was sure he could use those facts somehow.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
he hadn't even noticed hydra until she swept past him with a gentle nod. the pups gaze turned cold, and terance was even more confused. moonspear was weird, he decided, and he was feeling uneasy. "wait-- hydra," he called, gaze shifting between the small child and the lithe shadow, "who is this?" he didn't really like being in the dark, and both of the wolves' silence made him a bit agitated. this child seemed like he knew something, and that in itself bothered terance. what do you know?! he wanted to yell at the child-- but that would be a waste of time, energy, and image.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She paused midstride as her name was called, turning to him with an interested flick of her ears. His inquiry was met with a faux-confused look, which was more than passable, and then her eyes went to where his gaze landed. The hateful gaze was noted, and though Hydra had it in her to match the gaze she preferred to leave the child in the dark. Let it wonder. Let it guess. Oh, Hydra blinked, moving nearer to him. She murmured in a low whisper, that is a child of Olive and Dakarai, who are separated now—they were permitted refuge here. Hydra removed her mouth from besides Terance's ear. His parents must be cool with him hanging out here. But we should call, just in case, and so she did just that, sending up a call for @Olive or @Dakarai. She could have shared with him then and there she did not like them, but if one of the runts died she did not want to be blamed for it. Particularly because perhaps one day, she might do something of that sort if they got on her nerves enough.
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
They spoke about him. He heard his parents names, and soon Hydra tipped back her head and called for them. A small growl erupted from within the boy, frustrated now as he imagined being taken back and having to rest with them. He cared for them, he knew, but he wanted to be independant and he especially did not want either of these two wolves to watch him be carried away.

The Sigma's lip pulled itself up, showing his tiny fangs. He did not care, and prepared to launch himself at Hydra if she annoyed him one more time. It was probably a stupid move, but the boy did not regret his movements. Again he took a step forward, ignoring the other male for now.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
hydra returned-- and terance was more than shocked that the shadow had not noticed the tiny pup, as he believed her confused look. his lips tightened at the mention of an olive and dakarai and their separation-- the child was probably too young to understand. he stared at the kid for a few more moments before hydra called for the parents, and was utterly shocked to see such disrespect erupt from his tiny mouth. terance blinked a few times, and then snickered.

"that's cute," he offered, sort of bored. while his hatred was not where hydra's was, his ability to quickly judge others affected pups as well, and this one had overstepped. then, curiously, he followed the pups gaze to hydra-- back and forth a few times. "he's got it out for you," he told her with a curve of his brow.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra, once her song was finished, heard the boy snarl. She remembered how her father had reacted to the boys behavior, and acted as Charon had. For the moment, Terance went unaddressed; her tail lifted and she growled lowly toward the cub. She'd force him down if he didn't correct his behavior–it was clear he needed to be taught the same lesson more than once, which she attributed to stupidity. His sister had acted dim, too, but they would learn. It was a lesson all cubs, except perhaps the cubs of leaders, must learn... no matter their roots.
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
While the boy made no move to back away or correct his actions, he did not move forward again nor did he show any more signs of aggression. Other than the cold glare, he did nothing else. After all, he doubted he would win if she decided to attack him. But that did not mean he could not detach her head from her body in his mind.

His gaze momentarily swept over the stranger as he spoke, but the boy did not bother to make a move against him. Instead he just watched him, wondering why he seemed to side with Hydra. It was obvious already that the two were not on great terms, but the Sigma supposed that it might be because Hydra could talk to him, and Aries could not.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
he didn't back down, but at hydra's growl the small child sort of stilled. he didn't miss the look of pure hatred in his gaze, and was a bit shocked. this was a young child, he didn't remembering hating anyone until he was at least 4 months, everything beforehand was so happy and chirpy. still confused, he gave hydra a glance, wondering what the two had done to one another to both be so spiteful. terance decided he didn't like either of them very much, but hydra was at least more pleasant today than she was the first day she'd met.

"i can bring him back," terrance offered to hydra, his tail flicking.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Hydra could feel for the thing was contempt. She did not mask this as she regarded the insipid creature before her. Did he not understand? How? The behavior would have him killed from impatient wolves like Hydra when he was older–his lack of submitting was a blatant show of disrespect, a challenge. He did not know this, perhaps–but now he would, and he would learn as well that she would never tolerate it. Hydra's next movement was swift, but it clearly lacked deadly intent–she did, again, as her father had done, and moved to attempt to push him down by grabbing hold of his scruff. Hydra had done this before to her own siblings when she was younger, when they each learned their place among one another.

Her fangs did not seek to pierce flesh, only grip. She was Xi, and even when she was not Xi she would be above him. Hydra would not enable him to suffer any delusions. She simply wasn't the sort. Hydra rumbled to Terance in a matter that said, "One sec." Business before pleasure, as they said.
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
Aries let out a louder growl when Hydra grabbed his scruff. This was not how this had meant to go, but he could not give in to her. He did not want to. Especially not while the stranger was watching - that would just be embarrassing. Sure, Aries had eventually submitted to Charon, but that was different. He was the alpha and also an adult, while Hydra was not an adult. She was certainly older than the Sigma, but that did not concern him.

The boy thrashed unhappily, demanding to be released. He kicked out his legs hoping to push her off, even if it was only momentarily so that he could make an escape without having to submit. Anything but that.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance was older than hydra, so by that logic, he was above her. but she was charon's daughter and had been in the pack longer than he had been-- plus, he knew better than the small ash-coated child did. hydra was above him in the hierarchy, and he would not challenge her authority unless she really was fucking up. right now, he didn't see any problems with what she was doing. she clearly wasn't hurting the child, and he was being extremely disrespectful. if it had been him, he would've done the same thing.

hydra gave a rumble, so terance stood back, assuming that he was not needed for this interaction.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
He continued to resist, which meant his desire to survive must be minimum. Hydra was persistent against his struggling, remaining still and only offering a low snarl for his troubles. She would not release him until he stilled. Her grip remained what it was, though it did not give him room to flee–she held fast.
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
Stubborn lil potato cx

An idea popped into the young boy's mind, and he inwardly smirked. He could not use strength against Hydra, but what if he tried to outsmart her? It was worth a shot. Aries kicked one final time before huffing and stilling his body. He furrowed his brow in annoyance (which did not need to be faked) before tucking his tail between his legs.

Maybe now the dark girl would let go of him.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
PRAYING FOR ARIES ALREADY LMFAO

There was no reason for Hydra to imagine that he played any games as he submitted. The body, she did not think, could betray anothers intent. And so she rewarded him by releasing, ears pricked forward. She looked to Terance and spoke at last to him, her look almost apologetic: maybe we could both take him? I know the way, and his parents. That way they're comfortable with you next time, the boy was dumb, so of course there would be a next time.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
the child was stupid for not submitting right away, but at least he did. in terance's opinion, it took too long, but again-- stupidity. he focused back on hydra when he spoke to her, for a moment getting lost in her gaze. it was lyra's gaze, her two shimmering sapphire's, but they weren't in lyra's head. realizing, he blinked and averted his gaze back towards the child, nodding.

"sure," he offered. he didn't really care about getting to know the parents of such an ill-mannered child (yet another judgement made), but he supposed it was a good idea to be acquainted with the rest of the pack.
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
Aries got up slowly and watched silently as Hydra lost her focus on him and turned to the man, not realising that it had been a game to the Sigma. In fact, it still was a game. The boy waited a moment until the girl started speaking to the older wolf, and then when he believed she was not paying any attention he sprung forward, a smirk on his face. He gave her a sharp nip on the side, hoping maybe it would draw blood. It might not have even hurt her, but he put as much force into the action as he possibly could, letting all his new found hatred for her release into it.

Then he bolted. The child fled across the land as fast as he could, hoping to either find a good hiding spot or come across his family, who wold surely defend him

He was so screwed, but he had no regrets.

Run Aries. #Pray4Aries I swear he is literally gonna piss off everyone in Moonspear xD
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Sure, she heard, and her tail waved. But it stilled when she felt a sharp sting to her side as the cub bit at her leg. It did hurt—not in a way a wolf-bite would hurt, but the milk-teeth of the other pinched in a way that did draw blood. The offense was a grave one. She was shocked, and turned to watch him flee—but he had not accounted for her swiftness, her knowledge of every beloved rock on the face on this mountain. She sprang forward, and caught up to him in seconds—she moved to pick him up, the gesture crude and rough as she scooped the boy up within her mouth. She fought the impulse to shake him until he was eternally still, though adjusted her grip so she held him properly. Every movement was precise and careful—she did not attempt to draw blood. That was not her desire. 

She glanced towards Terance, inviting him to join her on this venture with a snap of her plume and flick of her ears. Her sisters would understand it perfectly, though this movement was more obvious than the other minute things that they did. And then Hydra moved forward, heading towards Olive's abode. As she had called Dakarai and Olive both, she was certain one of the two would meet her halfway. The fury within her eyes was bridled, but it was only a matter of time before she released the reins.

come on in @Olive !!!!
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
he noted as the child moved towards hydra, but didn't think anything of it until he actually struck, and then bolted. terance was shocked still. this boy was absolutely stupid, and though he could not find it within himself to hate a child, he definitely did not think highly of this one.

hydra bolted, and though terance was not as swift or agile on this terrain, he followed behind just in case. but it didn't seem he was needed, as the shadow had caught the pup in moments. he was almost worried she'd kill him, seeing their contempt for one another, but she held him tightly and correctly, nosing for him to follow. he tagged along, expecting this @Olive character to have some sort of explanation for her idiotic child's actions.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Olive had been letting her babes stray farther and farther from her side recently  -- perhaps it was a side affect of her and Dakarai's splitting, but the mother had confidence in their resilience and street smarts. The two babes had been through more in their few months of life than most wolves far older than they and they've had to glean some self-reliance from such hardships. Of course, Olive's instincts leaned more towards the helicopter method of parenting [were these two children not the last vestiges of the pack and mate she had once loved?] so, more often than not, Olive could be found mere yards away, watching her lovely babies at play and further develop their lovely little personalities. It was one of her favorite past times.

And if they strayed away, Olive had trained herself to soothe her ragged nerves. The only way they would learn about the world was through firsthand experience, as she had -- and that took a certain sense of autonomy and freedom.

However, when the call rang out and reached her ears, Olive made picked herself up and made haste.She had been busy at work, tidying them den [cleanliness was next to godliness, after all]. Her muscles bade her to run but her mind forced her to walk at a rapid clip, reassuring herself that her cub was being returned to her side and nothing more. So the mother limped quickly [her twisted ankle had never healed entirely, though she had learned to accommodate and made her hitch as unnoticeable as possible] and when she saw Hydra, Aries in mouth, with an unknown male in tow, Olive's heart constricted. The tension was palpable.

Without a word, the sylph slowed and dipped her head at Hydra, then Terence. Her gaze fell upon her own, heated and lively -- surely, there had to be an explanation here.
[/td][/tr][/table]
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
GHOSTED. EDITED.

Dakarai growled under his breath as he tracked Aries's scent. He arrived in time to see his Son bolt from Hydra and the female swoop forward and snatch him up. He could assume his son had done something wrong yet again by the fury in hydra's posturing. He strode forth with purpose and chuffed deeply, his aggravated glare falling on his son. "Daft child." he growled, his frustration and anger getting the best of him. It was then he Noticed Olive. He had assumed she would be there since they were both summoned, but seeing her brought a sharp feeling to his chest.

When he stood before Hydra and the strange male, He still focused his gaze on his boy "Camt even respect his own parents it would seem. Aries you are going to get us all killed" he spoke as though the boy could understand, but the parental and commanding way he had said the boy's name should do the trick.