Swiftcurrent Creek To Save you I'd murder the world
Tempt the devil with an Angel's grace.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace had finished his border patrol, his jogging his hunting he was now just sitting watching the sky and it's clouds. He sat at the edge of the border where the blood still stained the ground from the fight that stole Bones from them all. The blood still figuratively stained his paws and his jaws though it was invisible to all but him. Like a dark wraith a shadow man he sat there frozen and watching.

What he was watching for even he didn't know. Maybe he was hoping he would see Bones come loping over the hills with a grin and her voice carrying a kindly Ahoy there but he was not sure. He had not known the girl well, but it affected him none the less to have someone stolen from his new family and that is what it was his family and he would lay his life down for each and everyone one of them as sure as he would take his next breath. He hadn't had a chance to save Bones, but he would save the next one and the next one after that he would save everyone he could if only to atone for the fact that he couldn't save her.

Head down and blue eyes gazed down at his paws unseeing as he relived and refocused on that night beneath the darkness. Every blow he took and gave every noise he heard and he could not figure out for the life of him, why they hadn't been able to save her other than the fact that she had run to save them all.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
Ferdie lay sullenly still just outside the boarders of the pack land, not far from where Bones had been taken, having left the den he shared with Bazi, he was not about to go back it was not his place to share a den with the Beta of the pack.

His pelt was matted below his chest, dried blood from the attack on bones still on his shoulder, his ribs visible below his dull and now lifeless coat, He looked about has horrible as he felt.

Though he lay still hie head upon the ground looking quite like he was either dead or sleeping, he stared out into the darkness sleep not coming to him anymore either, everything had been stripped away.

A single tear flowed out of his weepy eyes, the gunk had collected untended over the past few days. His heavy heart was thumping dully in his chest it was almost as if the wolf just wanted it to stop.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace had not seen Ferdie at first, but as his eyes began to adjust he noticed the scarred warrior brute laying in the shadows looking the worse for wear.

He stood to his massive paws and approached slowly unsure what he would find. Had Ferdie been hurt and succumbed to his injuries if so what was he to do. He couldn't just let the brute lay there, but as he got closer he saw that Ferdie was indeed alive though all the worse for wear.

An audible gasp came from the shadow kissed youth and he bent forward not even caring that Ferdie was a higher rank or male or any of the above he began to lick his face getting the gunk that he could and worried the matted fur between his teeth. OH Ferdie what can I do to help? You can't die on me old man I need you.

A dark siezing fear caught a hold of Jace as he stared down at the once massive wolf who was wasting away before his eyes. He would get him something to eat but first the brute needed cleaned up.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
I'm .. years old (lets not reveal my age :D) and not allowed on the computer *tears out hair* I will try to use my phone as discreetly as I can to respond to this post.

Not that Ferdie would eat anything lay before him at the moment, in fact it had been many weeks since he had eaten a thing, not really since he had first met Jace, the fish Jace had left only being dug up to feed nightingale.

He grunted as he was licked but didn't move, he felt to heavy to move.. Why jace? He inquired to the younger wolf, without moving or lifting his weighted head. but the question was loaded he did not question Bones but Fox, and the queen Kosses and life and 'light.'

His heart felt heavy, running on what little reserve of 'light' he had left, and it was dangerously low.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Don't you just love in-laws lol
Jace would have growled in frustration had he known the warrior of old had not eaten in many weeks. Jace sat back on his haunches to look into the face of Ferdie. The question he had been asked he was unsure if it were to his plea or if it was much deeper than that. He deduced that it was much deeper than that. He studied the grizzled head of his friend and licked the tears away and the dried blood. That question has many answers friend.

Jace shifted his weight to get more of the matted fur that the brute carried. Do you ask me why I need you? or do you ask me why Fox turns you away? Or perhaps you ask me why you and I are plagued with an infliction we can do hardly anything to overcome? Which question do you want the answer to my friend? I don't know if I hvae them all but i'll try for you Ferdie. For you i'd answer all the questions and murder the world. He had grown fond of the brute in front of him almost as a father figure and he hated to see him so hurt.
Maybe the wolf is in love with the moon and each month it cries for a love it will never touch
79 Posts
Ooc — Emina
Things Jace and Ferdie didn't know: 1. Sky was watching them both 2. She was afraid if she aproached they would be furious 3. Sky followed Ferdie here and she knew he needed some help.

Sky felt terrible. The only reason she followed Ferdie was because he was either A. Suspicious or B. He needed help and she wanted to help but Jace came along and she stayed further back. Sky hoped the wind was with her so she could smell Jace and Ferdie and they couldn't smell her.She felt like crying for seeing Ferdie like this and Jace for what looked like to her eyes was he was wounded either inside or out. She stoped thinking when the wind went from behind her and revealed her position.
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
He stared out into the land that had been harsh and lonely. But his loneliness had not ebbed since he joined this pack and so his heart was torn. The wolves here had tolerated him but not accepted him he felt more lonely now then when he was on his own.

He watched as other wolves were greeted around him with friendly gestures yet very few of those gestures had ever been bestowed upon him.

The unyielding loyalty he wanted to give this pack was ebbing away along with his desire to stay. All of this was crushing the wolf whom all his life only knew complete and utter devotion to his choices.

The scent of another wolf had come to him but he would not respond. quiet frankly he didn't want to respond to Jace either, he had made it to the outside of the borders hoping to be left in peace

He lifted his head and continued to pant each panting breath doing more and more to his sore and aching chest. Normally a song would come to him and he would howl to ease his aching heart. But even now his songs had left him, you need me?... he huffed the words softly, then lay his head back down I have been trying to seek the answers to most of all those questions. His eyes darkened slightly as the fight he was fighting inside starting tipping the scales toward 'the other side'
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace knew sky was near, she was hardly ever far when another was hurt or in pain. However, he could not focus on her at the moment he had to focus on Ferdie make the brute see that he still mattered that he still needed to care.

Jace was slowly getting most of the matted blood, but it was slow going and he spoke softly in his low voice. Yes Ferdie I need you. I am a loner in a family pack. I fear getting to close to others for fear that I will hurt them or worse kill them and no one understands. They assume that this infliction can just be gone at my words, when that is not so. Even Bazi thinks I can overcome this as easily as I would hunt for the pack and that is not so. You adn you alone know what I am about and Ferdie I don't have my father anymore with me, but I have you and I need you. I also care about you, I hate to see you like this. You are a good man who has a lot to offer and just because Fox can't see that, because she's too intent upon seeking a mate that is young and virile doesn't mean that you aren't. You just have to find your place this pack is hard to do that in, but I have faith that you can my friend. With you here i'm not so alone. He licked again at the blood that matted his fur worrying out the knots with his teeth. He did not know if his words would ring true but he hoped so, because he knew that Ferdie needed to rally or he would die.
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
Ferdie grunted and sat up, the other wolf knew his name, how? he was unsure and taken aback, he did not know her. Regardless he was not as weak as he appeared and he could not stand another wolf, he didn't know well, to see him as weak,

He pulled himself away from the pair of wolves; his ears ringing to relation to his sudden upheaval, he was far from well.

This was not something Ferdie Von Pelt needed cheering up from, it was not that simple. He curled his lip and turned his head away from them. His eyes darker now, almost black. Each breath he drew he drew with more reservation, the air was very tense.

I have long since looked to others to help me, Others to love and to hold in my heart to fill my heart so the darkness couldn't....

His hackles raised his panting shook his whole body he voice became low a growl hinted at it, he began muttering almost incoherently I can't find peace, none care to give it me. There is no peace!

Sorry Sky, I feel bad ... Boy oh boy this was not a good place to find
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
What happened to sky's post? I am merely curious?

Jace squared his own shoulders he knew with conviction that a fight might ensue and he looked at Sky with panic in his face and said quietly Sky you need to get away from her right now. Okay I cna't explain to you right this minute, but I will as soon as I can. He feared for her because the way the two males were it would be a dangerous fight and she may get hurt badly.

Jace looked at Ferdie his own eyes brightening. If Ferdie gave into his rage he would have to too and it would not be pretty. I care Ferdie. he almost whispered. I care! He yelled at the male now. He stood upright toe to toe his eyes lowered. I care enough Ferdie. I will help you if you'll just let me. You just have to let me. Jace was almost pleading now with the older warrior.
81 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
nonononono.

FERDIE! DONT YOU DARE GO INTO DEPRESSION ON ME!

Nightingale just gonna slip in here... Hope you don't mind. ;) LEEROOOY-

The small healer padded to the edge if the territory, holding a fish in her jaws. Her mind was clouded with worry. She hadn't been able to find Ferdie in days, and the last time she saw him, he wasn't looking too healthy. Now there was talk of someone isn't heir ranks that had been kidnapped? That didn't bode well.

She had finally picked up his scent. She was terrified for him, and she had quickly caught the fish and followed the trail.

Upon entering the scene, the pale she wolf flopped the fish right in front of Ferdie and stared at him sternly.

"Eat." she said. Echoing the words that she had always heard from his mouth in her first week here.
Maybe the wolf is in love with the moon and each month it cries for a love it will never touch
79 Posts
Ooc — Emina
Sky wasn't going to let Ferdie push her around. "Ferdie you are going to eat and be happy and cheerful all of us wolves are family and we can't let you die, even if darkness comes upon us all" Sky nudged Ferdie to help him cheer up. She saw darkness in his eyes. In her soul she had hope and love and care. She just hoped he would be okay.
dread the day when dreaming ends
1,345 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Popping in as per Kris's suggestion - but feel free to ignore me in the posting order!

Somehow, Ferdie managed to lose her - by crossing the creek or hiding in a bush, she wasn't sure. The air was too thick with the scent of wolf to track properly, and it took her quite some time to locate the decrepit male again. When she did, he was part of a strange gathering of wolves, and he looked.. well, not right. She stopped some distance away, watching the interactions in front of her intently whilst catching her breath from the run.There was something about the way he spoke and carried himself that made the hair on Bazi's neck stand on end, and Jace's pleading only strengthened the feeling that something wasn't quite as it should be.

"Sky, you need to get away from here, right now."

Ice gripped the Beta's heart. The whispered words between Jace and Ferdie, the former's 'problem'.. what if Ferdie was the one with the issue? He certainly looked rabid now, shivering despite the pleasant temperature. Was he sick? Was it affecting his mind? The very thought was enough to make her feel sick. "Nightingale, Sky - come," she hissed, flat-eared and glaring. The two girls were practically on top of Ferdie, whose normally placid eyes glowed hotly with emotion. They needed to get out of there, and let Jace deal with whatever monsters bubbled beneath the surface. Sky might be willing to sacrifice the safety of them all for whatever madness gripped Ferdie, but Bazi was not.
79 Posts
Ooc — Emina
Sky raised her hackles. She looked a lot bigger then she actually was. She growled and her growl sounded like thunder like it always did. She started to talk as if hissing. "I can take care of Ferdie too." Jace pushed her away from the snapping Ferdie. She was mad. She wanted to snap Ferdie back. She didn't though. She put her fur back down and backed away.
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
Sky please remember posting order, wait until every has gotten a chance to post before you post anything else.

and again *Looks ashamed for Ferdie*
Sorry about your poor time with the brute

Their voices buzzed in his ears, but he couldn’t hear the words. It was like his consciousness was far from his body. He’s eyes opened wide and tossed his head left to right, the whites of his darkening orbs showing. As if he was trying to make sense of things, the smell of fish and one word came in clear. “Eat” A voice that he came to know, one that held a very high place in his heart, though not his heart in it’s entirety. His muzzled lowered slightly searching for the source of the sound

Then something touched him. Something wanted to hurt him further. His nose wrinkled and he growled before the brute knew what was happening he turned and snapped at the thing that dare touch him. Were he able to control himself, he’d not have lashed out, were he in his right mind he’d never hurt a pack member but now his teeth flashed at the flesh of the one whom given the nudge.

(Attack - 8)

[size=x-small]Figure 1 · Action Success Level Based on Dice Roll Result 1d8
Success
Partial
5-7
Glance
2-4
Miss
1[/size]

The brute, no longer a functioning wolf but nothing more then a wild beast leapt up and flung himself away from them like a surprised Gazel, his next actions though were anything but surprised, All his pelt was on end, making him appear larger and more feral his dark eyes bore no recognition his head low he took a fighting stance his tail straight out stiff behind him his guttural beastial growl filled the air his sightless gaze fell upon the biggest opponent (jace) his muscles tensed as he shifted his head to target the bottom of the throat. Keeping very little of himself open to attack.

Current HP: 16/20
Action #1: (Attack - 4) He clenched the ground with his nails giving him purchase as he violently leapt forward, his teeth snapping for the vulnerable flesh below the throat, he tried to use his body as a battering ram to throw his opponent off balance.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace jumped back at the snap of teeth to throat and then he jumped forward again pushing Sky and Nightingale away (I power played a bit if that's okay if not i'll edit). He growled right back a red tinge hitting his eyes. His hackles bristled and his tail lashed and he stared at Ferdie with absolute anger. He had gone after a pack mate that was an ultimate no no. He understood that this was not Ferdie that he was not in his right mind and he had to fight for his own control, but he also needed to get Ferdie to stand down.

Jace: HP 18/20
Ferdie: Hp 16/20 Is that right or am I 16/20?

(Defend - 8) Steps in front of Sky and Nightingale standing in front of them.
(Attack - 2) Goes after Ferdie's shoulder with a quick snap of his teeth.

So Jace manages to defend himself and the others which takes off 5 which puts his hp down to 13/20 and his attack is a glance which takes 2 from ferdie which gives him 14/20.

Should we move this into the sparring thread? so not a ton of people are posting and we get confused?
81 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
dangit Ferdie, see what you did?xP

She was dumbstruck. As the battle ensued, Nightingale screamed, "Ferdie! Don't--" her voice turned into a hoarse whisper. "Ferdie... No..."

With that, the pup sobbed. She sobbed her heart out. She looked at Ferdie with anger and despair. He turned tail and ran. She ran to a particularly favorite spot of hers to get herself to feel better, but she doubted it would work.

She felt as if the first wolf to ever show her kindness in the pack, the first wolf to ever hold a gentle head out to her, was gone.

She felt alone.
dread the day when dreaming ends
1,345 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
I'll exit Bazi here since this is quite confusing. Sky - since Wolf is semi-realistic and does not allow supernatural abilities, I'm going to assume she bristled and made herself look big instead of actually growing (unless I misinterpreted your post and that's what you meant anyway). Nightingale has left, I assume, so I'll have Bazi follow her.

Sky bristled at her, but before Bazi could make a note to discipline the girl at a more convenient time, Ferdie had launched himself at the girl's face. Serves you right, Bazi thought savagely, missing Jace's intervention when Nightingale caught her eye. The pup fled the scene, sobbing, and Bazi rushed after her. Jace was the warrior here, and he could handle Ferdie on his own.
25 Posts
Ooc — Admins
We're closing this thread because it's become very confusing and hard to follow and/or respond to with posts being deleted, edited after they've been responded to, and skipped over.

@Ferdie Von Pelt @Jace -- Feel free to start up a new private thread to continue your spar.
This account is used for official site communication but cannot receive private message responses. If you have a question or concern about a message you have received, please start a thread in the Contact The Staff forum.