Blacktail Deer Plateau Welcome Home Little one
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
@Amelie

It had been a few days since Blue had brought the little she wolf Amelie into her home and into her pack. She was quite taken by the little girl and couldn't wait to show her around. Lucky for her she didn't take up too much room so they were not encroaching upon Yerpso who was still healing. Blue Willow actually enjoyed having two wolves to share her den with. She hadn't realized how lonely she had been until then.

She decided today to show Amelie around so bending down next to the girl she nudged her gently. Come Amelie lets take a look around your new home.
<FONT FACE="High tower text">disposable</div></FONT>.
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
more Amelie x Blue cuteness
The little coal coated girl stirred in her sleep, stretching one of her hind legs and kicking repeatedly at an invisible enemy. Her flank began heaving softly as her mind pictured a quiet meadow full of white flowers.
Suddenly he felt a jab at her side, she kicked the enemy again hoping to be left alone in the meadow, but again she was nudged and poof! She was woken from her sleep.

The next five seconds were perhaps the weirdest in the young girl's life, she knew she was awake but something seemed..surreal. A pretty black wolf stared down at her, her gaze resting sweetly on her, a whole different scenery than the one she had grown used to over the past weeks. It was the first time she had not woken up alone.

"lets take a look around your new home."

Home.
That was a word that she had not used in far too long. Instantly the girl shot up, her tail wagging as she gave her lovely companion a smile.
"Let's go then!" she yapped enthusiastically as she followed Blue.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Amelie's foot connected with Blue's nose and it smarted a bit, but it was kind of comical in an odd way. She just rubbed a paw over her nose and continued to nudge at the little she wolf until she woke up. She chuckled at her enthusiasm.

Well alright then Amelie let me show you where the caches are of food and give you some responsibilities. Can you hunt or fish? What about protecting yourself? And how are you with pups? or heal like me? Blue knew the best way for the child to be able to stay was for her to be well rounded as well as have a least one trade and whatever the girl wanted Blue would help her work up to it. She would be ecstatic if she wanted to heal like her, but not many liked that job, though Blue did. She was actually the only one that healed at all at this point with Crete gone. Unless Perry and Atticus knew a bit about herbs as their brother had.
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Amelie scolded herself in her head, calm..down.., she said to herself as she straightened her back and held her tail still -or at least tried to. She knew that being there was serious business and that if she didn't prove herself worth the trouble she'd be out on the cold again. She had one chance.

She listened to Blue's kind words intently, her vivid yellow eyes gleaming with curiosity and thirst for knowledge. Some of the things the female said caught the young girl's attention. "I can hunt, over the past weeks I lived off hunting small game; rabbits and a duck once." she barked with pride, "Of course I've also been a scavenger, but I know how to survive" she said cooly.

"I don't know how to fight, I mean apart from the squabbles with my littermates I've never had to use force.." she added, "I am good at learning scents, and lurking through the shadows" she blurted out not even knowing it that was helpful.

"And regarding pups, I really like them!" she barked with her tongue lolling out of her mouth.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue smiled at her enthusiasm yet again and mentally felt at ease. The girl could hunt that was good granted they already had one Gamekeeper, but at least she could hold her own. "Okay Amelie i've showed you the caches. I want you to try and catch something for them everyday, whether its a rabbit or a bird, or even a squirrel. Just make sure you catch at least one thing a day if you can okay? That was putting the young girl to use giving her some responsibility.

We'll work on teaching you some defense so you can protect the borders too. Now as for the pups i'll take you to see them later, maybe you can help the adults keep an eye on them. So tell me Amelie do you have any interest at all in herbs or plants? Or do you prefer stalking and hunting? Blue was merely curious she had to know what the girl liked to help her find a trade to work towards.
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Amelie nodded her head, her eyes holding a question her mouth did not dare to ask. What if she wasn't able to catch something for them everyday?.. would she get thrown out?..when would she catch something for herself then? She did not yet understand that the food caught by each member was ultimately for all. Every member gave a piece so that in the end no one had to sleep with an empty stomach, something that life as a loner couldn't assure.

"I could do that" she nodded again thinking about the pups, she wanted to see them. Then as Blue asked her about herbs and plants her bright yellow eyes glimmered with intrigue, she had never heard of using plants.. "I..honestly don't know what you're referring to, but I'd be willing to learn" she barked pricking her ears.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni

Blue Realizing she was getting ahead of herself slowed down the young girl, was just that she was young she probably did not know that much about a pack. She sat down again and patted the ground beside her. Come sit down. I think I need to explain about a pack before i give you responsibilities. A pack is a large family anything you catch if for everyone. You can catch for yourself of course and eat, but you need to make sure you have for others as well. You can also eat out of the caches I showed you just make sure to put something back when you catch something. She licked the little girls head as she gathered her thoughts to form a cohesive conversation. You dn't have to catch something everyday it doesn't always work that way sometimes you just have a bad day. But when yo ucan you want to catch small things. As for that as well you don't have to be hunting everyday. You can walk our borders and mark them. You can mark them with urine,or rub your fur on the ground anything that mingles your scent with all of ours.

Blue Willow chuckled at the girls words and her little ears. She was such a sweet thing, Blue was happy she had found her. I am a healer. I make wolves feel better that are sick or hurt with plants and herbs. For instance you know that bright red flower you see in the meadows called Poppy? You can use it to help a wolf that is in pain. However, too much poppy and a wolf can get addicted to it and then they have to have it all the time and it harms them thten rather than heals Make sense? Blue was always willing to share her vast knowledge but the girl was still young she may not understand completely what she meant. She hoped so. She was also glad the little girl was clearly interested in learning how to help the pack.

I haven't been able to tell you Amelie, but my den is your den too. You can stay with me as long as you like. She smiled at her and gently tugged at one of the girls tuft of ears teasingly and gently.

241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Oh well that makes sense, she thought to herself as she made a mental note to remember to always place something back once she ate from the kill pile. As Blue continued to explain Amelie nodded her head, trying to memorize every little detail she mentioned, patrolling for instance seemed something she could easily do.

She was a adventurous by nature, so exploring the territory's boundaries was tempting for the young female. That way she wouldn't have to give up to all of her freedom..

Then as Blue explained the usage of herbs and plants to the girl, she bobbed her head vigorously and understood inmediately what she meant, "Oh, yeah my mother used to give us leaves to chew on once in a while.." she remembered, "That's really interesting who taught you?" she wondered aloud.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow chuckled and spoke quickly before i forget if there is ever anyone near the borders you must call for one of us and then we will deal with it and if there is someone across our borders tha tis not part of the pack you also call for one of us nad you can chase them away, but be cautious I do not want you harmed. Blue willow did not want the youngster in her charge to get hurt ever if she could help it, though she knew it was inevitable for any child.

She tilted her head and smiled Yes and if you find it interesting that would be a good path to follow as I am the only healer in the pack. My mother and father taught me, they were story tellers and traveling healers She shifted her weight and smiled at Amelie her ears perked forward. Do you have any questions and there is no stupid questions yo ucan ask me anything Amelie.
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Amelie wondered if everyone of her new packmates would be as nice as Blue, who had basically placed herself on the line so the young girl could join, offered herself to be her guide and mentor and watched her with the same loving eyes as her mother.

"I can assure you I'll do my best and do anything to prove my worth" she barked, her voice filled with determination and strenght. In her yellow eyes the reflection of the few sunlight that showered the two females lit up her eyes making them seem brighter.

Once more Blue went above and beyond, offering Amelie her undivided attention and a place in her den to stay until she either found a den of her own or.. no better not think of that, she scolded herself as she gave Blue a wide smile. "Oh thank you! I could give it a try, still it'd be better to have some knowledge on the subject than none at all" she barked sweetly. If there was something Amelie would never allow herself to be it was an ignorant.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Willows was fast growing to love the girl that stood in front of her. Some may tell her she couldn't love someone that she had only met, but she knew she could. In a way she had always known she would fall in love fast and strong when that time did come, not that this was anything like that. This was more a mothering love that beat beneath her breast. But she was a caring individual it was her baser nature, and anyone who knew her, knew that about her.

That's good, you must tell me if you don't like it though. I don't want you to feel obligated to be something just because i like it. I want you to be your own individual as well as a coveted member of this pack. Blue smiled again and licked her muzzle wondering what else she could tell the young girl in front of her.

SHe could start a healing lesson quickly she supposed. Okay you can use cobwebs to stop the bleeding in a wound as well as bind herbs and plants in the wound with the cobwebs. Tell me Amelie may i ask how did you become to be on your own?
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Amelie closed her eyes softly as she recieved the shower of kisses and affection from the female, feeling in her heart a certain sense of tranquility and acceptance that made her soul rejoice with laughter.

"I'll learn to love it" she barked with determination, even if she was knew to the whole healing subject, she was eager to learn a bit about it. Perhaps it would not be the core of her existance, and her passion would not revolve around the arts of using herbs to soothe pains like Blue, but she would give it a shot.

Blue started giving her some of the most basic definitions and uses for some of the herbs, and the girl nodded as she spoke, then a question that had nothing to do with her newly obtained knowledge punctured her heart.

Amelie swallowed hard, realizing she did not want to speak about it, but seeing Blue's caring eyes she decided to speak. She owed it to her, the one who rescued her from the loneliness and gave her a home. "I lived in small burrow somewhere in the forest along with my mother, Monique," she almost choked as she pronounced her name, "And my two brothers" she added not caring enough to even mention their names. "Quickly as we got bigger, the space became tighter and we were hungrier. Mother had to go and hunt for us all, hunting on her own wasn't easy for her" she explained, "In the meantime my older brothers always fought and picked on me.." she trailed off to lash one of her ears back, "When Mother came they'd complain to no end, it was only when she came that I could be safe and not endure my brother's nipping"

Amelie's eyes were drained of her usual glow as she spoke, "Finally it tired out Mother so much she left... And well so did I, there was nothing left for me there," she concluded with a shrug. "So I began to roam the lands on my own, thankfully I was always a fast learner and copied my mother's technique before my brothers." she smiled.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue chuckled yet again at her enthusiasm. It was for certain that Amelie was a bright spot in the world and her optimism would make the world a better place. She just hoped she didn't lose it.

Blue listened to the young girls history and she got angry and blue willow very seldom got angry. The mother should have taken her children with her when she left, it was not fair to them to leave them alone like that it just wasn't. She decided from then on she would make Amelie's life the best she could here and hopefully in time the pain that she could see in the young girls eyes would dull with time.

I am sorry to hear that Amelie, but from this day forward we don't have to speak about it again. she smiled again.
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Even if she knew Blue Willow had asked for her backstory with nothing but the purest of intentions and the most caring heart, the feeling of having her eyes on her as she told her story made Amelie highly uncomfortable. She tried to make it brief and vague leaving parts of the narration to Blue's imagination.

Then as she pronounced the last sentence she finally felt comfortable enough to lift he gaze from the ground. She found Blue's pretty emerald eyes staring at her with nothing but love. Love so intense, Amelie felt an instant wave of warmth flush over her like a blanket protecting her from the cold.

I am sorry to hear that Amelie, but from this day forward we don't have to speak about it again.

Amelie gave a weak smile, knowing in the back of her mind that just because she never spoke those words aloud again it wouldn't make it dissapear. History was to remain unchanged. "Alright" she barked simply and nuzzled Blue as if she had known her forever.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow hummed deep in her chest as the girl's nuzzle. I know it will always bother you Amelie, but we can try and make it not hurt so much with making sure you are happy here. She whispered into the girls downy head.

Blue smiled and spoke quickly Alright enough of such sadness lets you and me go look around the borders and maybe we can have an adventure in the wild flowers yea. Blue bounded from the den looking back to make sure that Amelie was following her and she chuckled happy at the moment with everything.

My last post thanks so much for the thread :)
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
no thank you Absolutely adore these two

The rythmic beating of Blue's heart was soothing to Amelie, she found herself closing her eyes the same way a newborn pup does when it clings to its mother's chest finding peace in its hearbeat.

She was so peaceful at the time she barely heard what Blue whispered into her fur, then pulling away and giving her a smile Blue offered to continue with their tour. Amelie got to her paws, relieved the time for sharing her past was done with. She followed the female as a shadow, her shoulder glued to Blue's hip.