Stone Circle Take it and make it
38 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
All Welcome 
The bad dreams were getting more and more frequent... she was lucky to have a night with no dream at all.  Every morning she would startle awake, fear in her eyes, as the terrors of the nightmare slowly ebbed away.  At first she had thought that overtime they might just go away... but now it just seemed that the longer and longer they went on, the worse they got.

Just now for example she'd woken up from one of these terrible nightmares, surrounded by darkness and hunted by an unseen enemy.

The other thing was these dreams weren't just affecting her sleep, they also affected her social life.  She didn't talk all too much, not that she ever really had.  She mostly just kept to herself.  So in a way these nightmares also affected her social skills as they filled her with anxiety and paranoia.  Then there was the fact that she didn't sleep as much as she should have do to this which slowed her reaction time.  Why couldn't she just be normal?
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny had awoken early and moved outside to witness the sun rising, and to listen to the birds sing as the morning air woke them up. He sat near the other dens so he could hear when someone else woke up. For now he wasnt too much help to Easthollow, but he occasionally caught a mouse and even this weird brown critter. He had a stash of them in his den so that he could feed himself until he was able to provide for others.

A small gasp gathered his attention and he peeked around into the other dens, stopping when he saw who was awake. The red pelt of the young girl was familiar to him as he stared with concerned eyes, and he recognized the pup he had met only once when he had stalked Uncle Steady a long time ago before he had left Easthollow with Grayday and Dawn. . Aurora...that was her name right? "hey...you okay?" he asked with a gentle voice.
38 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
She blinked tiredly, but blink to attention with a start when someone adressed her, asking if she was okay.  She searched for a moment for the questioner, noticing the familiar gray pelt of that pup... the one that had trailed after his Uncle.

For a couple moments she was silent, as she came back to her senses, but finally she nodded.  "I'm good... I just, um, thought I, um, heard something."  For a moment or two she paused.  "Startled me."  She told him with an small shrug.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny had no reason to believe what she said was false, so he nodded at her reply. Unsure of what to say he sat still and shuffled his paws. The sun had begun to rise finally, turning the sky an incredible shade of orange and deep red. 

Turning back to Aurora he smiled "Wanna come watch the sunrise? It's really pretty. It's the best way to start off your day" he offered wagging his tail behind him.
38 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
The sunrise.  She'd never really gotten around to watching it... too busy thinking about other things.  Still she'd always thought it would be nice to go check out the sunrise, see the beauty of the warming sun's first rays of light.

"Sure, I've always wanted to watch it."  She replied, casually, making her way out of the den.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny followed after her and wagged his tail as he stepped into the light. The sky was now a lighter blue than before but the purples and slight reds were still there, just fading away slowly. The trees and ground were bathed in the silvery blue light of dawn making everything seem prettier than usual. He walked until he stood a few feet away from her and looked at the sky, smiling to himself silently.

Just as he sat down and began to relax again the birds began to sing. These songs were his favorite type, the joyful and mesmerizing songs that announced the day's official start. He moved his gaze shyly toward Aurora's face to see her reaction, secretely hoping she would like it as much as he did.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

38 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
It was gorgeous, color in the sky faded but still swirling and showing a beauty she hadn't really ever payed much attention to... and it, well it was just downright amazing.  She peeked her ears happily to listen to the calming bird songs fluttering through the air.

"It's wonderful," she breathed, seemingly truly taken away by this sight.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny grinned as the reaction from Aurora was positive, and stretched out onto his belly. He nodded once and placed his head on his paws "I Started coming out early when my ma left the family. I was very very young, but I was upset and scared and hurt. I would sit under the beautiful colors of the morning sky and listen to birds until the negativity faded away." he spoke in a hushed tone as if afraid to break the peacefulness of the moment.

"It's always brought me comfort. Sometimes I even sleep under the stars on warm nights, I prefer to stare up at them until I fall asleep" he adds and then turns to look at her, offering a lopsided smile and a small thump of his tail.

38 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
She glanced a bit suprirsed over at him at the mention of no longer having his Mother around, that this wonderful view had helped him cope.  In a way she found she understood, she too missed her Mother, even though she had begun to almost fade away from memory completely.  Then their was her Father... she'd never met him.

"Yeah, it's hard losing parents.  I can hardly remember my Mother, and I've never met my Father.  I had a Brother and Sister once too I think... but I don't really remember them either."  She confessed, a little surprised she was sharing this so soon and yet it was something they sorta had in common, family leaving.  "You're right though, this veiw is spectacular."
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny flicked his ears back as she gave him a surprised look, and he hoped that he hadn't scared her away with his openness about his family. Then she began to speak and confessed that she barely remembered her mom, and her fatherhad never been in the picture. His gaze softened as he looked at her, but not with pity. He understood the pain somewhat, but he reckoned hers was probably a bit different than his. She had never really known her true parents, and that was something that had to leave a hole. "Well......All of here at Easthollow....We consider you family. I know it isn't the same but we love you nonetheless" love was a strong word to use, but he didn't doubt it was true.

I know you're inactive so you can either Archive this or Reply when you're back.