Cedar Sweep Secrets keep you awake
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Private 
[table width=80%][tr][td]Despite some leftover anger from the whole ordeal with Dakarai and Olive, Chusi had cheered up quite a bit. It seemed the strath really wasn't that bad of a place and that her younger siblings could grow up here in peace. Besides; perhaps being away from the coast and its intoxicating fumes was a good thing. New sounds, new sights; hell, the air smelled a lot cleaner here. She had not dared to climb the mountains yet, though she was certain Lotte would come with her one day to explore - as her mother had promised that even before they had moved here.

This morning, Chusi awoke with flaming feet - a strong urge to go and explore. Just not alone this time. She went to wherever her @Arturo was hiding as she had dug her own den ever since the birth of her siblings. It wasn't that she didn't feel part of their family, she just liked a place a little bit away from the mewling little fluffballs. Besides, it would become a lot more trapping inside the den if she were to wiggle her form between all the bodies. Daaaad! She called, seemingly thrilled and excited. Gotta minute - an hour? Maybe m're?[/tr][/td][/table] 
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Chusi’s call rouses Arturo from his place among Lotte and the Lotturo’s. He rose to his paws to answer his elder daughter’s summons only after he put Roarke back to his place nestled against Lotte’s belly, offering his wife an affectionate draw of his tongue against her muzzle in a kiss before he shrugged out of the king sequoia. It is strange without Chusi but Arturo is glad she feels independent enough to have her own den. It strikes them as he considers that she has to be nearing a year old that he is a day shy of his own birthday. He will be four years he thinks startled. The news itself isn’t startling for the Fearghal monarch is quite educated on how aging works but it is not anything he dwells upon and when placed starkly in his train of thought he is sometimes struck with the surprise of it (usually close to his birthday). Ceannasach makes his way to where Chusi’s call has risen from and moving forth to greet his daughter with a bump of his muzzle against her’s if she allows it. It has been quite some time since the pair of them spent time together — just the two of them. He tries to make time for her, to balance being a father to her as much as he tries to balance it for the Lotturos while still being the leader Teaghlaigh needs him to be. “You may have as many hours this day as you’d like.” Arturo tells her with a soft smile tugging at the corners of his lips. The Strath is hidden enough that Arturo does not fear trouble and he trusts Hemlock to deal with any stranger at the border if Lotte is indisposed while he takes some time out of his never ending and bustling schedule to spend one on one time with his elder daughter.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]Chusi had quite the grin on her pretty face when her father emerged from the Strath's clutches, "booping" him back with a suppressed giggle and a graceful wag of her tail. She darted around him for a moment, surprised the full-time dad and Ceanassach of Teaghlaigh's humble existent was so quick to answer his daughter's call. Then again, Chusi had been with him since she was just a wee babe - handed down from stranger to stranger until she ended up in his care. Her nightmares had fled - knowing that whatever troubled her would get to see the full wrath of her cool dad before long. She smiled brightly at his words; it had indeed been far too long since their last adventure together. She understood though; becoming a "real" dad was important and she didn't mind that her siblings had taken the spotlight for now. They truly deserved after all they had gone through even before they were born.

R'lly now? She questioned playfully, taking a few steps to where she knew would be the opening of the mountains; like a huge gate, wide open for all who wished to explore. I was wond'rin' if ya wanted ta come alon' wit' meh on an adv'nture. She revealed at last.[/tr][/td][/table]
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Arturo finds relief in the grin that his elder daughter offers him, accompanied as it is by her giggle as she bops her muzzle against his own in return. She seems pleased enough to see him and that sets any worry that had been seething in the back of Arturo’s mind about his recent negligence as father to her aside. The truth as Arturo has come to understand it with is eldest litter is that when they reach adulthood they cease to need their parents in the same capacity that they once had. Chusi has long since fallen into that age. Ceannasach is undeniably proud to have gotten the privilege of seeing her grow into her own, to become the adult that he has always known she had the potential for it was — and always would remain so! — nostalgic and doleful; and as hard as the Fearghal tried to be the finish line for his children he knew, deep down that he was merely their starting line.

“I would love to go exploring with you, Chusi,” Ceannasach replied earnestly, confident that Teaghlaigh would be fine for the few hours they would be gone though this confidence stemmed from Hemlock and Lotte’s abilities to hold down the fort while he was gone. With a smooth gesture of his muzzle Arturo silently encourages his daughter to lead the way.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]Chusi saw herself as quite independent, but never would she say that she didn't need Arturo. He had been the one to want her as nobody else; he had given her a home, a family and a true name that she was more than proud of. Without him, she doubted she'd be the lady she was today. So, with him being the reason she was still alive and happy, he was part of her now - a place in her heart that she would never be able to give up on nor abandon. And so was Lotte - and so were her new siblings. Hell, Teaghlaigh's every member was part of who she was now and it would break her heart to part with it. She hoped Arturo understood all this as she understood he had less time for her now than when she was still a tiny ball of charcoal fluff.

She grinned brightly and with a bounce in her step did she lead them out of their territory - into unknown waters that even her mind had feared to explore just yet. Excitement was carved into her every movement - into every breath she blew out and even into the way her fluffy tail swung from side to side. I've long'd ta see wha' is beyond our borders fur sow l'ng... She revealed excitedly as they crossed them.[/tr][/td][/table]
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Arturo does not speak it aloud, does not show it but he is impressed by her words: that she has managed to refrain from her flighty and rebellious nature and stayed within the borders of the Strath. Impressed and …surprised. Previous to all of the drama that had crashed down upon Teaghlaigh in recent events Chusi had been trouble for Arturo in her I’m going to do what I want anyway, so you’re wasting your breath attitude. It is apart of being a teenager, he supposes, though he does not remember having such issues with his eldest litter. It has, numerous times, caused him to question the hastiness in which he had made her heir because she wasn’t ready. Or…she hadn’t been; and he supposed that if he could not control his own daughter how could he hope to control a pack of adults. Clearly: he hadn’t, if Dakarai and Olive’s reckless and deeply troublesome actions were of any indication. If his leash had to tighten, if he had to become tyrant instead of godfather leader than that is what he would do. He would not have repeats of recent events; and he wonders if those events had finally opened Chusi’s eyes to the reality of her disobedience. That her rebellious nature put herself and the Family at risk and that though she was his daughter she would not be spared from the punishment. No one was. Not even Ceannasach himself was spared from Teaghlaigh’s punishments for endangering the Family. Exile or death and Arturo rather thought if he ever did it he would rather they killed him than exiled him from everything he had worked so hard for, everything he loved. Living in a world where he was banished from Teaghlaigh, branded a criminal to it was not a life worth living for him.

“The Strath isn’t a prison, you know,” Arturo finally breaks his silence, fiery, twin sun gaze resting upon his elder daughter. “You can go beyond it’s borders,” just as long as she did not bring trouble back with her but Arturo knows he hardly needs to capitalize upon it. Teaghlaigh would not soon forget the betrayal and danger they have endured. “I know how much your freedom means to you Chusi and I don’t want you to grow to resent Teaghlaigh because you choose not to venture beyond it’s borders.” Timbre of his voice is low, like whisky steeped in smoke, staid as he speaks the words to her.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]It wasn't that she had decided to be disobedient; in fact, she didn't even saw herself as that. It was just her morals getting in the way every now and then. Things she found unfair she would rebel against and she truly meant no harm with her decisions. While she had done her best to be more like Arturo, she couldn't copy him in every way since their morals weren't the same. Besides, relying on someone to make your decisions for you wasn't exactly a good trait for a leader.

I know. She chipped. She had gone just a little bit outside of their borders before to hunt and stuff, but leaving on far scouting trips had not seemed very wise to her. As much as it was proven wrong, Chusi believed she was here to protect Teaghlaigh and her newly born siblings and they needed a warrior now more than ever. Perhaps they'll let her babysit sometime - that would truly be an honour. I'd nevah resent Teaghlaigh. She said in an understanding tone. I just want'd mah first time to be special.[/tr][/td][/table]
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Chusi assures him that she understands that she is not a prisoner within the Strath and Arturo responds with a small nod of his head that silently speaks what he does not: good. She is nearly an adult now, if not already an adult — for the gangster is still unaware of his (adopted) daughter’s birthday — and the fact was that she had the freedom to roam. The truth was that while she no longer needed his permission to make journey’s outside of Teaghlaigh he would like her to spend time learning how to lead: how he expected leaders of The Family to operate. While he valued opinions of his fellow leaders his word was law, at the end of the day whether they disagreed or not. If that fact could not be handled then he would be quick to take leadership from them. Perhaps this does make him a tyrant but he holds certain expectations of his leaders. Expectations that are not all that different from the expectations he holds of any within his Family. The coywolf’s mentality has always been tenacious and unyielding. It is what has gotten him this far in his life and he has no immediate plans of abandoning his tenaciousness, nor of releasing his iron fist.

Arturo takes a deep breath and lets it out in an exhale as the pair continues towards their unknown destination taking in her word that she would never resent Teaghlaigh with contemplative silence. Once upon a time Arturo did not believe that; but regardless of if it was true or the future had different plans the truth remained that Chusi was an adult and she would no longer be coddled as if she is a babe like the four young Lotturo’s nestled as Lotte’s breast. She knows the consequences for her actions, has seen first hand how ugly situations can become first hand. She has witnessed the merciless justice system of The Family. Nothing in those chaotic series of events had left Arturo any joy: from Olive and Dakarai’s words of treason to the appearance of Blackfeather Woods, to banishing them from Teaghlaigh with the threat that if they were ever seen in the Tuktu Hinterlands by any Teaghlaigh member that it would mean death. Spanning the entire Hinterlands was impossible, of course, but if they were wise they would give Teaghlaigh the wide berth that it’s ruthless Ceannasach demanded. “Special?” The Fearghal patriarch repeats with a rise of his brow as he catches that word as she explains as to why she has waited to explore the territories around the Strath, eager to focus his thoughts on the present for spending quality time with his daughter is infinitely much more happier than dwelling on the recent, dark past of Teaghlaigh. Those events are past and the present demands Arturo's attention.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]She crossed the river first - swimming to the other side where she waited for her father to come ashore. She didn't mind the wet of her pelt; it was kind of refreshing with the warm weather. Spring had come; the season she remember she was born in. She remembered flowers outside her prison - she remembered butterflies and blooming trees and the fresh scent of grass and dew. They were vague memories, but every time she experienced it, it triggered a part of her memory as a wee babe. She chuckled. Yeah - spendin' time with ya is special. She answered shortly, shaking her fur awfully close to Arturo to try and get him wetter whenever he did cross the river.[/td][/tr][/table]
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Arturo is not sure he can be described as a compassionate man for there are plenty of instances where he is not. Ceannasach leaves little room for compassion. He is no bleeding heart by any stretch of the imagination. It gives him the tenacity to do what Arturo does: it allows him to be impartial as a leader and be as ruthless as the situation demands him to be. If he has no empathy towards hurt feelings it simply means he can do his job more effectively. It does not make him a good man, but he has known he has never been that either. His only redemption ark had always and would always be his children (and perhaps Lotte, he amends). So, when Chusi admits that she thinks spending time with him is special Arturo is taken aback. He is not sure why it surprises him so although he is not all together sure if he is surprised that she thinks that or that her words have affected him. There is a warmth in his chest and a choke of emotions in his throat. He loves Chusi — that is not anything new. He loves her as he loves his own children: unconditionally. She is his daughter her real parentage be damned. The gangster gives his throat a soft clear, “Spending time with you is special to me as well, Chusi.” The smoky timbre of his voice is not as smooth as he’d like but the uneven tenor of his voice does not take from the truth of the words. He may have a lot of children but he loved all of them equally (even if he tended to be harder on the boys).
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]She giggled softly as she shook out her pelt further - droplets of water reflecting the light of the sun quite beautifully. It almost made her want to go back in the river just so she could see it again but it was perhaps best to just keep moving. She did know that she would hang around the river whenever summer did come along; a swim was always refreshing. When her father spoke she couldn't help but beam; flashing a proud smile to him as she turned. There was so much to see, even though most were trees and bushes. I kinda like i' 'ere. She declared, wondering if Arturo felt the same.[/tr][/td][/table]
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
It is good to hear her giggle, Arturo thinks to himself. He is equal parts glad and relieved that Chusi is adjusting as well as she has. To the life in the Hinterlands, to the Strath, to her younger siblings. It is always a coin toss on how older siblings would take to their newer siblings. He has heard that sometimes they take well, become a good example and protective of their siblings and other times they lash out and resent them in jealousy that they are no longer the centre of their parents attention. His eldest children had never met Chusi, all have gone their separate ways now and he has not seen a single one for over a year. He doubts any of them will return to the Teekon Wilds at this point. “I like it here, too.” He confesses to her with a soft smile tugging at the corner of lips that are more oft than not severe. No part of Teaghlaigh has gone as he has strategically planned it too — he’d been chased from his first territory and he has uprooted himself from his second pick. Though, he’d never been overly fond of the coast in the first place. Ravensblood had been strategic, planting his roots close to his allies but neither of them remain in the valley and thus there was no real reason to remain among the bleeding sequoias. Teaghlaigh had ended up settling in the Hinterlands as he’d originally desired anyway …just further south and west. It is quiet and neither of their “neighboring” packs have given them any issue — though he has yet to strike out to Golden Glade with an alliance and their standing with Silver Creek remains on the vague neutral terms but at least the Creek pack knows of their presence. That, he supposes, is the most important part. He does not think that peace will last — it rarely does — so he cherishes it while it is bestowed upon Teaghlaigh.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]Chusi had grown up to be a respectful and well-mannered adult thanks to Arturo - if he had not been there to support her around a half year back, who knows what could've happened to her. Sacrificed, turned into a slave, joined a cult... all that had been prevented with Arturo simply caring enough for her to take her under his wing. But she knew blood-children were nearly inevitable with Lotte around now - it was an act of love and an act to strengthen their future adult ranks. Arturo had given up much for his Family and who was Chusi to be difficult and offended by the coming of her siblings? As long as neither her nor the bunch at Lotte's belly were favoured all would be fine - an exemplary figure so close to Teaghlaigh's roots were good for the pups to be around and Chusi doubted they would later question her blood nor commitment to her family.

Do ya know of any mo'e packs 'round? I've been a bi' dreamy since mah own broth'rs and sist'rs arrival. She said softly with a warm smile - quite embarrassed to admit it.[/tr][/td][/table]
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
“You? Dreamy?” Arturo teases his elder daughter, attempting to lean into her long enough to bump his shoulder against her’s in a playful manner, if she allows it. Terse lips twitch upwards into a wry simper at his teasing but if the gangster is being honest he is glad that Chusi has seemed to calm down. She is no longer a child and no longer has the luxuries to do whatever she wants. Her ascension into the adult ranks signified a big change for her and for a long while Arturo had feared how she would fare. Thus far, he is relieved that she appears to be doing well. “There are two other packs in the Hinterlands,” Arturo begins, salmon pink tongue drawing against his jowls. “Goldenglade, the pack that Lotte’s twin Dagfinn belongs to,” There is a slight pause but it does not linger long. “and Silver Creek. I have met with the Creek’s alpha male. Our standing with one another is uncertain but they at least know of our existence.” It is a start though he makes a mental note to return to the Creek to see if the alpha male has managed to convince his mate into considering an alliance or if they are to simply remain neutral to one another; but lately there has been little time. Once the lotturo's were a bit older he would propel himself further as ambassador of Teaghlaigh.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]Chusi scoffed jokingly, young face wrinkling as she made a fake-offended face. It soon turned giggly and she bumped her father's shoulder with her own. I know - pr'tty rare, ain't it? She replied as her giggles died out. Chusi had dreamed of being an adult ever since she had met Arturo, of course she was going to spend her time as a mature woman figuring out life bit-by-bit respectively. Hopefully she made her family proud on the process, and, if not, then at least they should respect her choices.

I hope I c'n find some mur! She chipped happily as she led them to the forest right outside their mountain gates. Strange, they went from trapped paradise to trapped paradise - perhaps it was her father's style to pick something very protecting and safe. At least a nice, juicy mountain goat would be wandering down every now and then. Damn, was she hungry! Her stomach growled at her, but it wasn't time for dinner.[/tr][/td][/table]
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Arturo offers his older daughter a warm smile and a soft chuckle that lingers in his throat for a few moments. Arturo keeps pace leisurely with Chusi though he is content for her to decide where it is they go. These hours of his attention belong to her and only her, after all. He knows it is important not to alienate her even though the Lotturos demand a lot of his attention; likewise, it is important that Chusi not be allowed to alienate herself. Arturo fears that alienating herself will breed resent for the young babes of the Strath and that is not something Ceannasach deigns to deal with. He does not expect his children to all get along — they are siblings, after all — but there should be the bond of love even when they do not see eye to eye. Arturo lets out a terse noise at her eagerness to find more packs, vocalizing his discomfort at the idea. Given recent events and all of the trouble the acts of two have slammed upon Teaghlaigh Arturo is not eager to deal with other packs. He has approached Silver Creek out of necessity. Not Teaghlaigh’s but his own. No longer will he remain in the dark. He will know what happens in the Hinterlands; and he will be the one to visit these other packs if only because he knows he will not put Teaghlaigh in danger. It is not something he will ever trust to another again, despite that Dakarai and Olive had went to Blackfeather Woods on a foolish, desperate whim. Their idiocy still has Teaghlaigh reeling while they have the freedom of disconnecting themselves from it and continuing to live their posh lives. It is a fate far kinder than the gangster feels they deserve. Nevertheless, it is done and if he never sees the star-crossed pair ever again he would die a happy man (alas he knows that is not to happen so he supposes he will never die happy). “I would rather handle first contact with any other packs in the Hinterlands myself.” It is not personal but the knife that remains lodged in Arturo’s back refuses to dislodge despite how hard he has tried to remove it.
i bare my bloody teeth
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She squinted as she looked to her side and up, not completely understanding what he was implying. Did he find her incapable of handling contact with others? Sure not; she was a social butterfly, liked by nearly everyone due to her peppy demeanour and heart of solid gold. Then, a fake-sly smile caught her mouth and she moved her brows up. 'n what if it's an acc'dent? She questioned playfully, wanting to bump into her father to let him know she wasn't being serious. It was a subtly re-call of her earlier behaviour; a time precious to the both of them, if she were not mistaken.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
as we discussed yesterday on slack i went ahead and made this post a conclusion & archived this.

Arturo could detect the playful tones of her lilting voice and yet he remains unsettled by the idea of her coming across a pack scent and taking it right to their borders. Diplomacy is not light manner and it requires a delicate touch and Arturo would very much prefer that she let it to the Master Ambassador: aka him. He has had years of smooth talking and manipulating to guide him. He is a gangster: it is his job. “Chusi,” He chides her in a stern voice. “Pack relations are best left to those whom know how to navigate them. If you have interest in being an ambassador I can teach you but I do not want you going to pack’s borders. Diplomacy is a very delicate matter and not every pack is going to be welcoming to it, especially coming from young woman that does not have the experience of someone older than her. Easily and without meaning to one wrong word or sentence and more harm can be done than good and usually once a situation goes south it is near impossible to fix it.” The whole idea has him tense and on edge. He does not want any trouble for Teaghlaigh and Chusi, in her own way, is still so very naïve and innocent. “We’ll speak no more of it.” He decides firmly, dragging his tongue across his sharp teeth and the roof of his mouth.

Eventually, the pair decide to head back to Teaghlaigh where they part ways to tend to their duties.
i bare my bloody teeth