Cedar Sweep Secrets keep you awake
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Arturo does not speak it aloud, does not show it but he is impressed by her words: that she has managed to refrain from her flighty and rebellious nature and stayed within the borders of the Strath. Impressed and …surprised. Previous to all of the drama that had crashed down upon Teaghlaigh in recent events Chusi had been trouble for Arturo in her I’m going to do what I want anyway, so you’re wasting your breath attitude. It is apart of being a teenager, he supposes, though he does not remember having such issues with his eldest litter. It has, numerous times, caused him to question the hastiness in which he had made her heir because she wasn’t ready. Or…she hadn’t been; and he supposed that if he could not control his own daughter how could he hope to control a pack of adults. Clearly: he hadn’t, if Dakarai and Olive’s reckless and deeply troublesome actions were of any indication. If his leash had to tighten, if he had to become tyrant instead of godfather leader than that is what he would do. He would not have repeats of recent events; and he wonders if those events had finally opened Chusi’s eyes to the reality of her disobedience. That her rebellious nature put herself and the Family at risk and that though she was his daughter she would not be spared from the punishment. No one was. Not even Ceannasach himself was spared from Teaghlaigh’s punishments for endangering the Family. Exile or death and Arturo rather thought if he ever did it he would rather they killed him than exiled him from everything he had worked so hard for, everything he loved. Living in a world where he was banished from Teaghlaigh, branded a criminal to it was not a life worth living for him.

“The Strath isn’t a prison, you know,” Arturo finally breaks his silence, fiery, twin sun gaze resting upon his elder daughter. “You can go beyond it’s borders,” just as long as she did not bring trouble back with her but Arturo knows he hardly needs to capitalize upon it. Teaghlaigh would not soon forget the betrayal and danger they have endured. “I know how much your freedom means to you Chusi and I don’t want you to grow to resent Teaghlaigh because you choose not to venture beyond it’s borders.” Timbre of his voice is low, like whisky steeped in smoke, staid as he speaks the words to her.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
Secrets keep you awake - by Chusi - May 02, 2017, 06:09 PM
RE: Secrets keep you awake - by Arturo - May 03, 2017, 04:35 PM
RE: Secrets keep you awake - by Chusi - May 03, 2017, 05:30 PM
RE: Secrets keep you awake - by Arturo - May 06, 2017, 04:27 AM
RE: Secrets keep you awake - by Chusi - May 06, 2017, 04:30 PM
RE: Secrets keep you awake - by Arturo - May 07, 2017, 04:13 AM
RE: Secrets keep you awake - by Chusi - May 07, 2017, 07:10 AM