Sunbeam Lair Wondering What To Wonder About
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
All Welcome 
Anyone welcome, though tagging @Asterr

Chaska hadn't told a tale in a while. And he didn't want his tale-telling skills to go stale, so he howled for anyone willing to listen to one. He had thought of one, one much like how he felt when he first found the underground cavern of the Ryujin territory. A feeling of wonder, and bewilderment. ne of the best feelings in the world, and his story he hoped would give the very same feeling. He lay himself out next to the stream he had found with Anouke, watching for anyone to arrive.
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
[table][tr][td valign=center] [/td][td]
The days—weeks—that had passed since one child had gone missing and another out to find her were beginning to blur together, condensed by time itself. Both children, neither like the other, were missed terribly; her inability to leave the lair for an extended period of time often weighed on her mind in the worst kind of way, knowing that she could do nothing to fend it off. It bothered her immensely, knowing not where her girls were or even if they were okay, and so she threw herself into measly tasks and mundane activities with the hope that it all might distract her. The task to be tackled then was simple, however, and something that she had done countless times in the past: locate and make note of the various flora within the cavern. Often did she feel it crucial that every little nook and cranny of her home be known by her, disallowing surprise and all elements that were similar to it from creeping up and pouncing on her exposed flesh.

Trekking through the secluded forest, she found herself meandering along the bank of one of the many streams. However unusual it was, her mind appeared to be absent from her body, having flown miles upon miles away as she thought of her daughters. For, despite having told herself that she would not be dragged down by their journeys away, she couldn’t help but worry—and so worry she had, just as any mother might. Submerged within her own mind, Asterr nearly missed the lounging lupine, having slowed to a stop at the very last second to keep from stumbling right over him. This caused her to be silent for a long moment whilst she recollected herself, the quiet then eventually broken by a slow, “Hello.”
[/td][td valign=center] [/td][/tr][/table]
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska saw Asterr coming in his own direction. She did not stop, not until she was almost upon him. He spoke not a word, believing she was just going by on a walk about. However she did stop, and gave a greeting. He gave a quick dip of his head. "You hear my call, or just out and about? I was going to tell a story, something I do...I did tell you I do those, right? When I first came here?" He couldn't really remember if he had.
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
[table][tr][td valign=center] [/td][td]
It had not been the male’s call that lured her in, her mind having been lost for far too long to have recognized the sound. This she did not say, however, nor did she lie and say that she had heard his voice. Rather, she merely offered a small smile and moved on through the conversation, focusing on his desire to weave a tale; a comment that made her perk up a bit, intrigued by what stories the man might have stored away within his mind. “I believe you told me that, yes,” was her response, spoken whilst her backside arched downwards until she was sitting. “Every story needs someone to tell it and someone to hear it, would you not agree?” Normally, the dragoness would first ensure that her presence was not minded by the other party, but this time around she did no such thing. She simply sat and waited, intent on hearing what fables might be spun within her lair.
[/td][td valign=center] [/td][/tr][/table]
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska offered a small grin in return to the smile, then nodded. "I couldn't agree more." As a storyteller himself, he knew there always needed to be someone to tell it, and someone to hear it. Without one, it wouldn't be storytelling. Asterr seated herself, so he believed that she was ready to hear his tail.

"Once, before any of us had arrived to this land, these was a wolf. He had been raised to believe that there was nothing beyond the trees of his lands, nothing under the mountains or amongst tall grasslands. And yet, he always believed there was something. Something out there, something amazing and full of wonder. And he would prove it. Not to those that doubted him, but to himself, for he too had begun to doubt this like the rest. So, one day, under the cover of darkness, he snuck out of his pack's lands to find this place of wonderment."