Moonspear south coast boys
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Private 
Alya snickered to herself, still quite tickled over what Hydra had told her about @Terance, the new wolf that'd been skulking around. She's spied him from a distance - quite a few times, actually - but had never deigned to introduce herself, figuring either Hydra or Lyra would do it for her, at one point or another.

He was handsome, she knew, with dark fur and green eyes. But he was not the same as her, and she didn't know him. It made her uncomfortable. Most odd-looking strangers did. It'd taken her a while to get used to his scent being around, but now that she had, she felt it was time to seek him out.

She found one of his scent-trails and began to follow it, wondering if she should introduce herself as Alya, or simply greet him as one of the other two. It would be good for him to meet all three of them, of course, but Alya was still a bit uncomfortable with the newcomer, and wished to meet him under the comfort and guise of one of her sisters. Lyra, then, she thought, drawing near to the vicinity she believed him to be in.

"Terance?" she called, her voice sweet and questioning, and just a little bit anxious.
i can't help but be my own god
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance was sniffing at a rather large boulder he'd found in the territory. he'd come across rocks before, he wasn't stupid, but he scented some sort of prey around it and was trying to track it. he was pretty sure it was just a rabbit, but it was mixed with something else and he was just trying to figure that out before he went searching after something aimlessly. it was during this sniffing that he was interrupted by a voice, poking his head out to view a hydra. damn.

he circling from behind the boulder to full view, giving a faux-friendly wave of his tail, stopping mid walk to sniff and give a greeting. "hello, hydra," he said, then paused, setting a foot down. he'd said it without thinking, almost forgetting that hydra had told him that she had two other sisters. she smelled like hydra, doing another sniff. but that voice... it was so much sweeter that hydra's. his shook his muzzle. "lyra?" he questioned, his tail wag a bit more genuine.
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Without answering, Alya padded toward him, one hesitant paw after another. She ducked her head and let her ears splay to the sides. "You haven't been to see me, yet," she said, accusing but not scolding. As far as she knew, Lyra only ever scolded Hydra and Alya - and even then, it was not very often.

She stopped a few feet before the male, not quite sure she wanted to touch him, yet. Perhaps Lyra would have, but Alya felt this might be excuseable; she was pretending to be an offended Lyra, after all.

"Are you settling in well?" she asked then, knowing that Lyra likely wouldn't hold this against Terance, and that Terance likely wouldn't expect her to.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
in response to hers, terance's ears splayed. "i didn't know you were in this pack... and hydra said that you--" he cut himself short as she came to a stop. maybe it didn't matter, maybe it would still be his fault. quietly, he dipped his head. "i'm sorry," he said instead, deciding that was probably a more likable thing to do than merely rolling in excuses. she didn't seem too mad though, since she spoke again, and his tail continued wagging. "i am," he replied with a small smile, his dark crown tilting to the side, "how've you been?" he wanted to know, wanted to make sure she'd been doing alright. lyra seemed like a good wolf, and terance would've preferred that she was doing okay.
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Alya waited a beat, a silly smile growing on her face.

"Maybe I am Hydra," she said, and then, without missing a beat - "I've been good. Hunting and scouting, mostly, but a bit of border-patrol here and there."

Truthfully, she wasn't all that great at hunting on her own, yet. She could only catch things on a reliably basis with Lyra and Hydra beside her, and she'd been working her hardest to get out of that funk. Although she loved being part of the Cerberus, it frustrated her how little she was outside of it.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance frowned, his ears falling. he stared, confused, a bit frustrated, as ly-dra starting talking about what she'd been doing. but, mostly, terance had been hanging around hydra a lot lately-- and she'd never mentioned scouting. maybe he just didn't know her that well, but that led him to believe maybe it wasn't hydra-- it was just a joke... but then he was even more confused.

"scouting?" he questioned, "no stargazing? or..." he just sort of stared for a minute, ears raising and falling as confusion set in. he wasn't even sure what to say right now.
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Alya giggled at his confusion, but moved quickly to rectify the situation - thinking more about Lyra's wrath than poor Terance's peace of mind. "I'm Alya," she introduced, tail still wagging behind her. "I like hunting and scouting - or anything fun, really."

It was good for him to distinguish them through their traits; personalities could be mimmicked, and he would easily learn that. But he might not think the same thing of their skills, and that was where he would find himself caught in their web. Luckily for him, the Cerberus did not eat packmates, and Alya's goal was not to have him maimed, but helplessly confused.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
"zeus," the boy murmured under his breath, ears flattening to his skull. "i just called you everything but ayla," he added with a purse of his lips. he wasn't sure how to pin his first reaction of ayla. lyra was sweet and kind and soft, and when they first met he had no problems with her-- he actually liked her a lot, which was hard to do first time around with terance. hydra was blunt and adventurous and hard, and terance had of course been rubbed the wrong way upon their first encounter. he'd made up his mind about them both pretty quickly, and though hydra was slowly changing his mind, he'd still had opinions on them both. ayla, however, had put terance in a weird place mentally.

"i'm not too bad at scouting," he offered, trying to gather himself and offer a piece of information that made him seem more likable. he wasn't a scout by trade, nor did he want to be one, but terance had made it all the way up here from god even knows where-- that took at least a little bit of skill, even if he had sarah with him most of the way. "i like fighting-- and the stars."
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Alya laughed. Laughing had always come easily to her, even when she was nervous. "That's okay," she assured him. "It doesn't bother me. When I was little, I didn't even know which one I was. We're still not sure how we worked it out."

Her gaze turned keen when he mentioned his interest in scouting.

"Maybe we can go on an adventure!" she shouted, doing a little dance. "We're big enough to go out on our own, now, but Daddy still worries about us," she explained, rolling her eyes. Daddy was so silly, sometimes.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
ayla seemed surprisingly cool, despite her not telling him who she was right away-- which terance pinned as sort of annoying. still, he was glad she was okay with all of his confusion.

he smiled and nodded, but he wasn't sure he wanted to adventure anymore. and he'd probably lose ayla, which would only make charon hate him. he held back that thought, not feeling the need to share that with a stranger. "yeah! i bet there's some cool stuff we could find," he replied with a smile. it'd be fun to dream, even though he wasn't sure he'd hold up his end of the bargain. "lemme know when you're set free," he added in response to the charon comment. it was kinda amusing-- he wasn't much older and he'd been sent out to travel around the world already.
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Alya froze, suddenly affronted"I can go wherever I want," she muttered, feeling angry and embarrassed. Just because her dad worried about her didn't mean she wasn't her own wolf. She and her sisters explored all on there own without dumb boys to go with them. (Still, she couldn't help but remember how she'd never even been on flat land, until she'd been nearly grown.

"I can go by myself," she said sullenly, trying to hide the fact that she was sniffling a little bit. If he saw, Terance would think she was even more of a baby.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
ayla's sudden change in demeanor was not all that foreign to terance, who swung between wildly defensive and a big ol' sweetheart more than he intended to-- being a stone-cold rock was not so easy for him, even though his pettiness wished it was. "er, yeah," he said, hesitantly, not wanting to push anymore buttons by mistake, "but.. i'd still like to come, i bet you could show me a whole lot of stuff." which was true. even if ayla hadn't really been let out of the pack, she had lived on these mountains for longer than him, she probably knew the whole layout of the land just by looking out. 

"if that's cool with you," he added nonchalantly with a small shrug.
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Alya sniffled and shot the other a suspicious look. When she'd determined that he was not, in fact, teasing her, she warmed up to him once more.

"Okay," she said, not quite as cheerful as she had been, but certainly past her bad mood. "There's a cool place down there that's all flat! We can go there and see the fireflies!"