Morningside Cuesta Yes if I ever lose my eyes, Oh if I won't have to cry no more.
the sun also rises
Health - 90% (90/100)
155 Posts
Ooc — mix
All Welcome 
Sunspot ranged confidently through the territory, glad that this pack seemed to function somewhat like the one that'd withered away. They travelled a bit more than her birth pack had, but that was a plus, in Sunspot's mind. They would never have to worry about the herds leaving, at least.

The pale woman was tracking a herd of mule deer, wondering if it would be worth it to try and take one down. None of them seemed particularly weak, though there was one that seemed a bit more sluggish than the rest. Still, it was not so sluggish that she thought she could take it on by herself. She would have to wait for a few packmates to appear, if she wanted to hunt deer.

In the meantime, she sniffed around for smaller prey, keeping the deer in her general vicinity as she did. Maybe they'd get used to her and let their guard down, and then when she had help, they'd be slower to run away.
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Eeep sorry for the crappy post!

Kieran had just returned from meeting Lagan, and he had managed to take a quicky nap before he set out to do something. He didn't really know what he wanted to do, but he wanted to contribute to the pack some more. He still wanted to be treated like an adult, and helping seemed to be the best way to achieve that. Plus, he enjoyed it.

When he came across the stranger, his ears perked and he halted. He did catch the faint scent of his dad, and perhaps Dawn, as well as a less faint scent of Grayday on her, so he did not believe she was any harm. "Hey! Are you a Morningsider?" He greeted her, padding closer. Was she hunting? He could totally help with that! That was... of course... if she was part of the pack.
English * French
the sun also rises
Health - 90% (90/100)
155 Posts
Ooc — mix
Sunspot's head whipped around when a young voice called out to her. Dawn? she thought, eager to see her niece once more. But it was not Dawn, nor did it look like it could be any child of Grayday's. Still, he was cute, and Sunspot was glad for the company.

"Shush!" she hissed, though her tail wagged playfully behind her. "You're gonna scare 'em away!"

She crouched low in the grass and beckoned the boy closer before looking back toward the herd. "Have you ever been in a big game hunt before?" she asked him.
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
The woman whipped her head round to face him, and she hushed him with a hiss. Once Kieran realised why, he nodded at her and padded a little closer, making sure to be as quiet as he could. "Sorry," he murmered, glancing breifly to his side. His gaze swept over the golden lady again, and his eyes lit up in excitement when she spoke again. She had not answered his previous question about being a Morningsider, but that did not matter anymore. The thought had been pushed from his mind as the prospect of a big game hunt loomed over him.

"No... but it sounds so much fun!" his tone, despite whispering, was rushed and filled with excitement. As of right now, even if this woman happened to be an outsider, he would have still tried to hunt with her. After all, how could he pass up the opportunity to hunt something big? To bring it pack to the pack and have everyone realise he could be mature and hunt for his packmates? He couldn't! Imagine his fathers face when he brought home a huge meal!
English * French
the sun also rises
Health - 90% (90/100)
155 Posts
Ooc — mix
Sunspot eyed the pup for a moment before looking back to the herd. The sluggish doe was probably their best bet, though there were some smaller, younger ones around as well. Sunspot would rather them grow old enough to breed before taking them down, though. A life without young was a life wasted. "Well, you look big enough to me," she said brightly, pointing with her nose to the limping doe. "See that big one over there? We're gonna see how hard she can run, for now. We're not going to bite her, or get in the way of any hooves, alright?" she said firmly, giving him a firm glance. "You could get hurt that way with no experience, and we don't even know if she's weak enough for the two of us to take down yet. So here's what we'll do - we'll both go out there and make a lot of noise. When they run, try and get between her and the rest of the herd so that she'll move away from them. Do not let yourself get stuck close between them, though. If it looks like the gap is closing, and you're not sure you can scare them apart, you get out of there. Got it?"

She waited for an answer then, giving the boy a moment to ask any question he might have.
@Dawn, feel free to join if you want!
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Kieran watched the woman curiously, the first excitement still evident in his eyes. He was about to help hunt big game! This would be the first large hunt he was a part of, even if it was only him and this other wolfess. "Yeah, I see it." He replied, gaze shifting to focus on the doe. She was limping, he noticed. That must be why they were going to go for her, rather than the others.

"Okay," he nodded affirmativly, tail still wagging. "And after that what do we do?" he asked, just curious. Were they trying to get her to run so they could tire her out and then kill her? Was that it?
English * French
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker

Dawn's gaze, too, had fastened on the deer, yet she had not yet noticed her aunt and Kieran conversing near the edges of the herd. She remembered Da saying once, (had it been Da? Or perhaps Aoife, she could hardly remember) that a hunter always went after the weak. Weed out the weak and the strong lived on, and the weak no longer slowed them down and filled the bellies of the wolves that pruned the herds. Her maw salivated, wishing she could taste the flesh of one of the walking lunches, gaze on a select few that seemed weaker than the rest. 

she spotted the two wolves soon, and without hesitation, she shifted and moved toward them at a steady lope, remaining slow lest she spooks the herd. Dawn arrived near the two in time to her the end of Sunspot's speech, and a grin danced on her muzzle. "I can help, Aunt Sunspot. What can I do?"  she murmured excitedly, tail lashing behind her with special emphasis on the word aunt. She was still in disbelief that she had an aunt, and found it rather ironic that she seemed to have exchanged one Sunny for another.
the sun also rises
Health - 90% (90/100)
155 Posts
Ooc — mix
"Hello, niece Dawn," Sunspot replied, both amused and heartened by the younger wolf's greeting. Her tail whisked in pleasure as she gave a quick re-cap of what she'd already told Kieran. Then, realizing that she hadn't yet gotten the boy's name, she turned to him. "What's your name, by the way? I'm 'Aunt Sunspot', as you've already heard."

Once introductions were out of the way, she finally got back to answering the questions her two young companions were probably dying to hear. "There is some actual biting and attacking in store, if everything goes well," she said with a lash of her tail, looking between the two. "If the doe proves to be as weak as I think she is, we'll keep at her until she tires out. I'm gonna get her first, just to make sure her kicks aren't at full strength, and then, when I say so, you two will get your turns. This is a big animal, and those legs of her ain't a joke, alright? I don't want to be bringing either of you to your parents with your brains bursting out, so you both gotta do as I say."

She eyed Dawn and then Kieran, with her hawkish gaze. "Got it?"
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Kieran flashed Dawn a small smile as she approached, then blinked at who the girl had called Sunspot. "Oh." He said quietly, suprised. He didn't know Grayday had a sister. But then again, he didn't really know all that much about the man anyway. What was certain, now, however, was that this woman was no threat. "I'm Kieran Adrian. But... just Kieran." He gave another smile, flicking his tail.

"Cool!" This would be so much fun, he was sure. "Got it," he nodded affirmatively yet again and then turned to Dawn to see if she was ready too.
English * French
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker

a grin tugged at her muzzle as her aunt returned the greeting, in the same manner, making Dawn pretty glad that her aunt she had suddenly discovered. a smile was offered to Kieran as well, waiting as he introduced himself to Sunspot. her tail lashed excitedly as she heard the words "biting" and "fighting", for that was part of the hunting she looked forward to the most. sure, hunting small game was okay, but hunting larger game, like deer and bison, and all the exciting fighting involved as fantastic. 

"got it" echoed Dawn, adding, "follow you, listen, and don't get brain's busted.". her forelimb bounced in excitment, but she quickly noticed and stood still, attempting seriousness and watching Sunspot with a hawkish gaze, prepared to follow and chase (and perhaps, do some fighting and biting).
the sun also rises
Health - 90% (90/100)
155 Posts
Ooc — mix
Satisfied, Sunspot dropped her serious expression and let her happy grin shine through. "Good - follow my lead, then. I'll tell you verbally when it's okay to bite."

With that, she leapt into action, racing her young companions across the plains and break-neck speed. They were on the herd's tail in an instant, and Sunspot began trying to separate the lame doe from the rest of her family. It proved easier than even she thought it would be; the doe was slower than her companions, and none of the rest seemed inclined to slow down for her. Still, Sunspot snapped and growled at the rest of them, encouraging them to leave their fellow to her fate. Hopefully, the kids would corral her away while she worked.
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Kieran nodded, beginning to follow Sunspot in a fast sprint. He pressed forward, chasing. He noticed how the others in the herd did not slow down to let the doe catch up, and for a moment he felt sorry for her, but he shook those thoughts from his mind for now.

He took the hint from the woman to begin corraling the doe away as she snapped at the companions of the one they were hunting. He did so, but made sure not to bite.

Not until Sunspot told him to.
English * French
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
she raced alongside her companions, hurling at wild abandon at the deer that was their target. taking the hint, as did Kieran, she moved alongside him to cut off the deer, as Sunspot snapped at the rest. knowing that the goal was to tire out the animal, she moved faster, hurtling at its heels and weaving about it, snapping and barking as the deer became panics, and abandoned all reservations and moved at full speed. once, twice, it tried to swerve back to the herd; but the two were quick to keep it away from its companions.
the sun also rises
Health - 90% (90/100)
155 Posts
Ooc — mix
Sunspot took her time, wanting the doe to be good and tired before she let the kids too near it. Even she was a bit wary of those hind legs, though she'd proved to herself time and again that she could duck and weave with the best of them. Still, they weren't anything to be trifled with, and Sunspot gave the doe a few exploratory nips before finally striking out and doing her worst. Like her brother's, the huntress's bite was vice-like and devastating. The doe let out a startled scream and tried to jerk away, only succeeding in further tearing her flesh.

Only when their quarry began to kick out did Sunspot release it, and turned to grin at her two young charges.

"Looks like she's ready. Keep an eye out for her hooves, and only go for her uninjured back leg, alright? That way, if she gets ya, she'll get ya with the leg I already weakened. Now, have at her!" she instructed, tail wagging gaily. "Don't worry about holding on!" she callled after them. "Just get her bleeding, and she'll be ours before ya know it!"