Frogspawn Swamp before it all becomes the same old song.
22 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
All Welcome 
Tru sighed with pleasure as the cool water rushed through his pale fur. His day had been spent travelling and, as such, it had been woefully uneventful save for the few minutes he'd spent chasing a rabbit just for fun. Even that had been dull, truth be told, but it did break up the monotony of the day. By the time evening had fallen and he'd reached the northern edge of the bog, the pale wolf had decided he was very much deserving of a nice, luxurious bath.

The Demonte sloshed deeper into the water, ducking his nose under then whipping his head back to shake the excess droplets from his face. He grinned to himself as the water reached higher and higher towards his spine, soothing the muscles that ached beneath his alabaster fur. Once he reached what he determined to be a suitable depth, Tru stopped to simply enjoy the water, his eyes lazily trailing along the banks of the creek, watching the grasshoppers leap through the reeds.
Beauty is power; a smile is its sword
153 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Away
Feyre and @Embry have been heading this way, so I thought I'd drop in :)

The trail of prints she left in the ruddy shoreline were the only thing she left her sleeping companion. She knew he could easily track her scent when he woke and therefore she did not worry. Her breathing was as calm as her footsteps - her eyes trained on the creek running past her. It was starting to slow - trickling into other rivulets clawing their way through the earth. She took a deap breath. Muggy. The air was thicker here, weighing down upon her pale shoulders in the heat of the day.

It was sight of crystalline droplets of water flying through the air before her that caught her eye. Each one sprinkled down upon the pelt of another wolf, unabashedly whipping his head about. Suprise wrote itself upon her ivory features. She stiffled a chuckle, opening her maw to speak - only for it to shut when he started swimming further away. She trailed along the edge of the shore, waiting until he stopped to toss a shy greeting his way. "Err...Hello?" She did not wish to startle him, but she was curious to know who he was.

Mercenary: 5/5
22 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Tru lowered his muzzle into the water so the line of the water's surface traced the split of his lips. It was an odd feeling that intrigued him, so he remained like that until he was distracted by the sound of another's approach. Lifting his head, he turned to peer at the stranger with droplets of water dripping from his chin. She seemed a shy thing, with a frame he did not in the least mind looking at. There was a scent about her that spoke of company she had perhaps recently left, but he disregarded that as he so very often did and offered her his most charming of smiles.

"Err hello to you," the DeMonte quipped, his tail wagging and creating ripples across the surface of the stream, "Do you happen to be from around these parts?" His head tilted slightly as he asked the question. He was completely unfamiliar with his surroundings in spite of having been in the Wilds briefly before, and it never under any circumstance hurt to get some direction from a pretty girl.
153 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Away
She waited quietly as the male's icy head emerged from the water for him to speak. Rivulets of silver ran down his maw as he offered her a roughish look. Her own smile quickly mirrored his - albeit being more along the lines of feminine alabaster.

Feyre allowed a paw to slide absently across the ground before her. It seemed that he was unfamiliar with the area, she frowned lightly. "I'm sorry, no. I've mainly been towards the inland border of the Wilds." She wished that he was from here. A little knowledge about the place she was living in temporarily would help. She knew the answer, but it was polite to ask. "Do you?" she looked down, heat warming her face, "I mean - come from around here?" Her inquisitive face reappeared, a small smile gracing her lips.

22 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
The lady admitted she didn't know the area, but that didn't perturb Tru in the least. He rather enjoyed not knowing where he was going and being surprised when he arrived there. He'd really only be seeking a conversation starter, and it quickly became clear that he'd gotten it.

"No, I don't either," Tru replied, snaking around in the water slowly to face her better, "At least, I assume I don't. I honestly have no idea how to get back to where I came from - I didn't pay enough attention when I left. For all I know, it's next door." He grinned at his own cleverness.
153 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Away
The alabaster male wove through the water until he they were face to face. She relaxed, lowering to her haunches to the bank and twisting her tail around herself. It seemed he was a friendly creature, much like herself. "From where was it that you came?" He was definently an interesting lass, making conversation with a complete stranger. Her mouth quirked. "I honestly think that I wouldn't be able to find my way back home," A delicate from marred her features. The past was not something she preferred to delve into. "-that is, if I ever were to want to go back." She swallowed once, not meeting his gaze until she had gathered her wits.

22 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
"Some creek to the North or South or East or West... ish," Tru replied with a good-natured shrug. His former home was not something that he allowed in his mind too often. It had ties to his childhood, and his childhood had been a bunch of shit. Tru was not one to dwell on shit, and so he zeroed in on the hint of a suggestion that his companion had just made about her own.

"If you were to want to?" he commented with a charming tilt of his head and a softly furrowed brow, "Sounds like you have some doubt that you ever would." He took on the look of a concerned therapist then, which was a bit of a feat considering he was still mostly submerged in swamp water. If anyone could pull it off though, it was this wily, rogueish minstrel.
153 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Away
It seemed that this stranger had a smilar situation to her own. Although she had had a pack in the recent months, she would never return to her homeland - she did not fancy the idea of it anyways. Instead of questioning why he did not know where he came, she simply nodded in understanding.

It was when he gave her that smile that she knew he would not follow the same route. A glimmer of silence threaded through the air before she responded - only because he simply seemed to accually give a damn. "That's true, I doubt I'll ever go back home." He brow narrowed delicately. It was not that the pack had been terrible to her, it just simply was not there anymore. Her sisters though, they were a comepletely different story. She attempted to cleanse her expression of any emotion, but sadness lingered in her small smile. 

Glancing back to where he remained submerged in the murky water, she nearly laughed. He looked rediculous like that - serious expression on top of half of a figure. His fur above the water suck tightly to him, yet the submerged part of his pelt seemed to float around him like an upsidedown halo. A small chuff escaped her maw before she hid her face in the downy fur of her chest, concealing the grin spreading across her maw. She cleared her throat lightly before asking, "So why did you decide to come here? Or did you just happen to stumble upon it?" She looked around at the muggy landscape, reeds covering nearly every surface.

22 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
She didn't take the bait, which was a shame. Tru found that girls were more likely to give it up to him if he got them emotionally vulnerable, and he thought he'd been onto something for a second there. Non-plussed, the wily DeMonte was a patient piece-of-crap. Plus, the chase was half the fun.

"Mostly just happened to stumble upon it," the pale wolf replied, "It's been a long time since I went anywhere with an actual direction in mind." He smiled. It was the truth - Trouvère was a wandering minstrel by trade. He went wherever  his whims took him, and they were the completely unpredictable sort. One day he would avoid the mountain trail because it looked difficult - the next, he'd take that same mountain trail because it looked dangerous and exciting. He was fickle and easy-going (aka careless). He did what he wanted, whenever he felt like it.  It's a miracle he hadn't been murdered yet.

"So when am I going to get you into this water with me?" Tru asked then, his tail liftng to wag over the surface, "It's nice and cool and refreshing. Plus, I'll totally let you splash me in my face - just once for free, and then you have to work for the rest."
153 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Away
It seemed he was a wanderer by trade, if only to see what the world has to offer. She herself spent much of the last few months jumping from place to place. That was out of nessesity, she preferred to be in amongst a pack. To her, it was better to be around wolves she loved, instead of alone.

"I would hate to be alone." She assumed he had been like so in all of his adventures, or all of his meetings were more like this - brief. Perhaps she would get to know this stranger. No one should stay alone.

Water. This murky water was not a favorite of the whisp, but she relented. A grin spread across her face as she padded closer to the shoreline. Her paws dipped into the chilled water, tentative at first. She quickly swiped a paw forwards, splashing him before she partly slid into the water. A second splash quickly followed, soaking his face. "Oh well.." A grin. "A lady works quite easily, but she shouldn't have to Truvère." His name felt smooth on her tongue, like honey. She swam further out, basking in the coolness of the water.

22 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
A single quirked brow was the only response Tru gave to her comment about her distaste for being alone. Plenty of raunchy comments swam through his unclean brain in response, but he was a gentleman and so he held his tongue. He watched with a stirring hunger as she eased her body into the water before him, outwardly showing only the politest bit of interest in her actions.

Tru flinched only slightly when she swatted the water into his face, shutting his eyes and turning his nose slightly away in an honest attempt to keep his word. A single eyelid slid open to reveal a smoldering bronze eye that watched her slyly. It shut only seconds later as he twitched away with less control than before - this time ruled by actual surprise at her swift retaliation.

A laugh fell easily from his parted lips as he turned to look at her, water dripping from his face. He shook his head briefly, then gave her a playful frown as he quipped right back in a playfully suggestive tone, "My dear woman, are you accusing me of being too easy?"
153 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Away
Feyre swam idley back towards the bank where Tru appeared quite agast. It seemed the male was not used to being suprised. She chuckled lightly, amused by this ivory wolf. A shameless flirt. Her thoughts wandered back to Embry, his whereabouts. For some reason guilt threaded through her veins. A flicker of a frown crossed her fair features before she tucked the emotion away. There was no need for such frivolous a thing as guilt.

He seemed to put a risqué intention behind much of his words. She cracked a grin, "Quite so. A man like you is easy. Its just not easy for someone like you to get the - attention you seek." She emphasized a few of her words, pinning him with her amber gaze. "And I can quite easily say that you will not be getting it from me." She smirked at the male now, padding out of the water with ease.

Upon the bank, the femme shook out her flaxen pelt. She turned back to face Tru, keen to see what look rested on his features. Her head tilted lightly to the side, her face inquisitive.

22 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Wanted to wrap this one up since I'm retiring this boy. Thanks for the thread! :)

Tru watched the girl paddle backwards through playfully narrowed eyes. She was going to play hard to get it seemed. Which was perfectly fine by him - he could do just the same. He had far more patience at this game than most would typically associate with a scoundrel like him. So when she gave her retort, Tru simply smiled and gave an appreciative chuckle for her wit.

"That's alright, lovely lady," the pale DeMonte commented as he too backpedaled and pulled himself up, out of the water and onto the opposite bank. He gave his coat a good shake, sending drops of water flying, then turned to give her a smile. "You gave me good company and fun conversation, as well as something beautiful to look upon for a little while. It's more than a man like me deserves," he told her, giving her a short bow, "Until we meet again."

With that, he gave her one last roguish grin and turned to continue on his way through the woods.