Jade Fern Grove the seeds of love have taken hold and if we don't burn together, i'll burn alone
even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
Her eyes close while she fights back the tiredness resting there. If she can get comfortable, she can sleep for a little while. She hadn't run or sped up at any point but her legs burned as if she'd just finished a marathon. It dulls some of the pain she'd felt all at once now that she has something physical to focus on. What few plants she does know won't help her now and so she lowers her head to lick at her tired joints, trying to soothe the ache settling in.

The sky is only showing hints of morning when she feels a change in the air. It's thick with his desperation and her vile scent left behind. It makes the skin along her spine crawl and bristle well before she hears him crash in close and speak. To her. He lost those privileges some hours ago now and acid burns the pit of her stomach as she slowly turns to see his pale face.

He looks different now. Even in the dark, she can see that venom accentuates his features and he's lined with age. She can't help the laugh that bubbles at the front of her chest but she stifles it with a blow of air and shake of her head.

"Don't," she says, grinding her teeth together as she pauses. Every grief he has caused her has been wrapped neatly in a bow and disguised as love. She turned her back on her family to follow him and while she hadn't known why, she feels the weight of it now. "Stay away from me," she finally tells him, swinging her head back and continues despite the fire alight in her frame.
do you want to break me like you were fourteen
and someone dared you to break the law?