Jade Fern Grove the seeds of love have taken hold and if we don't burn together, i'll burn alone
even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
He calls her name and she does not stop. He calls her name a second time and she falters. The third time she slows down but, still, she does not stop.

Is it—

Adeline’s chest seizes up and she comes to a stop, turning to face him again. It hurts to look at him. He’s supposed to be her family, he was all she had left and now there’s only a gash in her stomach where he’d ripped it all away from her.

“I’m not—” she says suddenly, tightening her jaw as she recollects what she wants to say. “I know. I know he’s not coming back. No one ever comes back.” Adeline is silent after that, her eyes hardening against his. She is not afraid to look him in the eyes anymore. Maybe if she had before, she would have seen through it all along. “You took me away from him and he died and he's gone and you're supposed to be there. You were supposed to be my family,” her voice croaks, choking over her own words to the point they may have been inaudible at points but the strain in her throat prevents her from keeping what little she has left together.
do you want to break me like you were fourteen
and someone dared you to break the law?