Moonspear but no one said nothin'
✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
All Welcome 
might as well while she's in need of a post/in the area ;p
The scout had taken it easy in the range just south of here, and grown more accustomed to this nearby swatch of what was apparently known to most as the Teekon. She took her care to glean her information when she could and otherwise map the terrain she covered, going nowhere in a hurry. The springtime was mild, rainy at its worst, and sometimes a bit chilly at night in the higher spots, but on the whole.. she had what she could survive on.

Before she could forge a pathway onward, she had ruminated on a growing curiosity. There was a peak. Inevitably she'd spotted it far from here, and travel pressed her nearby into a better view occasionally. She was undeniably interested by it time and time again. Progress continued to keep gravitated towards it, so she'd have to sate this wonder before moving on in full.

Today, when she finally veered in close enough to its valley, her nose quivered knowingly, not surprised at all; pack. Even in the foothills, she'd found their beginnings here and there--this just told her to be careful. The yearling adjusted course, and posture alike. She now had a task in mind and a particular skillset to polish up fast. As she was raised, she was quick into the role, and ready to be underway.

It was late afternoon by now, and she stayed frustratingly out of actual reach of their boundary lines but roved along with snout down and ears up a stone's throw away. She was taking it all in casually and would muster her audience after some.. preliminary information gathering to give her something to work upon. But she knew she had to on her guard, considering how grossly outnumbered she was sure to be on a family's doorstep. Interacting directly with packs was not her favored approach, yet sometimes, a necessary one to get right to the good knowledge--if they humored her any in the first place.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra patrolled, as ever, on high alert as she prowled upon Moonspear. Her own mother could not guard at present and so she took extra time throughout the day to look after what might be missed. A scent on the wind caused Hydra to alter her path some and in time, she caught sight of a tawny wolf who looked quite interested in the premises her family had under its claim. They were far enough from the actual borders for Hydra to not to perceive them as a threat, but she would not leave the other to guess whether or not they could get away with getting too close. They could not, and they would not. 

So she trotted nearer to the other, head and tail aloft and eyes hard. Hydra, too, took to sniffing the earth... though there was nothing interesting to find. Hydra assumed the other was only putting out feelers here, seeing what they might be able to do... Hydra answered as she moved in the same parallel trajectory that the answer to this was nothing. Not without Hydra retaliating, anyway, depending on what exactly the other decided to do.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
She did not find herself alone for very long, when a dark countenance materialized from the mountainside towards her loitering. The agouti's ears were perked, and senses keened now that this was far more interesting with a new element upon her. She continued to regard the other in careful silence. Her tail was slack, but her head lifted up enough to watch her best--and show that she would not be cowering shrunken away so easily. She kept moving, and stayed mindful to drift wide.

Hesitant to speak, and fighting the urge to see if the black-furred stranger would continue to match her if she upped the speed a bit here.. she knew she had to focus first, especially should the girl decide to bring the violence at her for even inquiring. "What is this place?" she called out gently while trying to make for an unassuming, innocent enough question for a wanderer like her to have.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra prowled with the other, and when their soft voice sounded Hydra regarded her with some suspicion. Who is it that asks? Hydra lived by the principle "there is no such thing as free knowledge". She did not like to give without getting, and so she never did. The others posture was lax, but the way in which they carried themselves did little to earn them any favors in Hydra's book. Wanderers frequently did ask this question, but by then Hydra had gleaned far more from them than a simple name.
✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
Resisting the urge to not, she continued to tread carefully. Instead of an answer, she was matched back with a question from the darkened female. The Eizokusei perked a brow. "A scout," she provided, all while pushing the edges of her lips to a frown. Knowing how suspicious it sounded, she knew to give up more. "Although not affiliated with any others at the moment," Jomyo added, managing a single ear-flick. None except her faraway birthplace, her siblings, her very blood--but this went without saying, and as she believed, should not have any bearing on what she was doing here. For now, she ran beneath the banner of none but herself now that Skullsmarke was well behind her. She was just a solo-flying yearling. "I'm Jomyo." This she expectantly punctuated with a silence, hoping that it was her turn to find out something.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
When the other answered, Hydra listened. Sensing they were not finished, she remained mute until the very last moment when the other gave their name. What is it you scout for, then? She knew the short answer, but this was not the response she expected from the attractive Jomyo. Surely they scouted for themselves. Hydra elaborated: to what end? did they seek a pack? Knowledge of the Wilds? Affiliated to none, but surely they scouted with a purpose. Hydra remained interested in the other, if only because them being a scout made her somehow familiar. And there was something familiar at Jomyo beyond that, somehow—but she thought little of that. After a beat, Hydra realized it was her turn to answer the others question. It was not too telling, but to give a place a name was a powerful thing. This is Moonspear. I am Hydra.
✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
She quirked a brow, and a glint in her expressive eyes just may have suggested a because why not? "Just to know more, and because I can." Raised to excel in it, and certainly yet to meet a force she could not overcome or work around, the yearling hadn't found a reason not to keep scouting, as simple as it seemed laid bare like this. "I don't really need an end right now," she answered. She just liked to.

But, Moonspear. She would remember that, not that it would be difficult.

She blinked and stole a look up, presumably towards its pinnacle, despite her reservations on peeling such sights of Hydra. Maybe that explained the silent pull she felt.. because it was the highest peak for many miles. A few short strides later, she decided to share a little more. "I've traveled up the range.. from the south. No packs on it for a long time, only somewhat nearby at best.." she quipped, as if to explain her curiosity. At least keeping to the mountains had made it easier to avoid packs when so many of them preferred the valleys and lowlands along the way. "So that's why I was interested. This region seems pretty lush, so far," she observed, unable to help it.