Swiftcurrent Creek this exam accounts for 80% of your final grade
ís & steinn ♔ hjarta & sál
583 Posts
Ooc — Java
I hope I covered it all, omg.

The gathering grew as they waited: first it was only the petite girl that they had defended at the borders from the collosal dark wolf, but soon enough others began to slip from the woodwork. Njal waited as patiently as he could, but was antsy to get things rolling. He didn't know when to begin talking as he did not know who was going to show up - nor did Bazi, although she knew more names than he did. Eventually there were more fresh-blood recruits milling around, and Bazi took to explaining a few things to them. Her ability to swiftly get down to business and to say what needed to be said made Njal very proud; he watched her in his periferal vision for the most part, poised as he was to observe the newcomers. The warden studied them as Bazi spoke. He looked for fitness in the larger wolves and potential in the smaller ones, knowing that they could all contribute to the pack in some manner - and Bazi was correct in her assumption that he would weed out the defenders. That goal was in the forefront of his mind, even as the white Beta passed the stage off to him. He allowed a brief silence to separate Bazi's information and his own. In doing this he hoped to avoid overwhelming these strangers with too much knowledge.

But when he did speak, he did so with a forthright manner, cutting through the specifics quickly. "We have met with many vagrants lately - some of them which are amongst our ranks now. The popularity of our location and resources makes us a prime candidate for intruders that are both friendly and not so friendly, and also allows us to choose the best wolves from those that appear on our doorstep." His gaze took on a shine at this, a vague mirth, but Njal remained frigid and blank otherwise. "If you encounter anyone that you do not recognize, anyone that lacks the scent of a pack member, you are to howl for assistance. I am on constant patrol and will be at your aid whenever needed." As he spoke Njal's head lifted ever so slightly, unable to hide the pride he felt as he boasted about the greatness of Swiftcurrent, their strength, which these fresh faces would help to grow.

"If a wolf is close to the territory but not passed the border, I suggest keeping an eye on them. We have encountered many wolves lately who do not appear to have working noses and if they are seen wandering one of the neutral lands, it is my belief that they will soon be upon our lands; however, consideration must be made. The neutral lands are not ours and anyone can wander them. If you see someone suspicious or encounter anyone that seeks ill upon us, I urge you to summon help - myself, or another warden. Lone wolves should be chased away if they linger at the edge of the territory, but if you encounter a viable recruit in the neutral territory, you are permitted to speak with them and find out if they'd fit within our ranks. Find their strengths and their weaknesses, any past pack activity, and anything else you think would benefit Fox in knowing."

A thought popped in to his head at this. These wolves would not know who the defenders of the pack were - but they didn't need to, did they? A simple call to arms and someone would be there. Njal paused to think about this, and then began to speak again:

"Our leader Fox is a trained warrior and warden. There is also myself, a black-furred wolf named Jace, Bazi," he flicked an ear towards the pale girl at this mention, "A grey male named Ferdie, and-" my wife, Tuwawi, he wanted to say. Remembering that she was pregnant suddenly, he slipped up in his words and came up with something on the spot. "-and anyone else that wishes to train with us. Many of you appear strong and viable for the position. If you would like to join me in training - or any of the other available members of your new family - then simply seek them out."

With all that said, Njal fell in to complete silence and waited for Bazi to prompt any other discussion that needed to occur; he spent the remaining time watching the individuals before him, and found his gaze lingering the most upon Amekaze - although he did drift, and from time to time caught the eye of a swarthy male that did not seem keen to be there - ignorant to the fact that the male in question was a captive.
Messages In This Thread
RE: this exam accounts for 80% of your final grade - by RIP Njal - May 15, 2014, 02:37 PM