Dragoncrest Cliffs so I shot it down
165 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
@Thuringwethil - please let @Koume post first, or assume that she is with Anatha! AW

and so she had brought the little, malnourished girl home. it had taken her much longer to get back than it had for her to find her- a mostly silent, arduous journey, that at times throughout she simply felt like dragging the girl home; surely it would have been faster. but now they were here, and standing well clear of the borders, for she knew of the Drageda's potential hostility towards trespassers.

she shot a glance at the dark girl, before howling for any to come and find them- slightly eager to hand off this girl to the adults who would know what to do, and complete her task of not having the girl die. she stood lightly atop tiny cream paws, shifting her weight until finally sinking onto her haunches to await the arrival of someone.
did you hear the sun go down?
silent as a child I found
hiding in the midnight of my soul
I am ready now to let her go
Listen up Maggots!
118 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]Koume kept silent on their journey to the other girl's home to safe her strength - or, rather, whatever was left of it. While she was eerily thin, she had only gotten lost for around a few days if her calculations were correct. Honestly, she was believing more and more in her own story; that she had simply hit a rock and had forgotten about her life before the accident. That was good; the more she believed, the more convincing she would sound. That she bore no wounds of the accident was no point; a stern fall on the head could leave only a slight bump and they had no idea how long she had been out there.

At long last did they reach the scent of a border - the same scent entangled in the stranger's pelt that had rubbed off on her the longer they had travelled. The other howled for an audience but Koume wasn't nervous; children had strange rights in this world and she was going to exploit them until there was nothing left.[/tr][/td][/table]
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The call grabs her attention right away and pulls her from what she’s doing. She covers up the cache quickly before she turns and trots in the direction of the child’s call. It does not call for anyone in particular but there’s a variation of uncertain desperation she can’t exactly decipher. Her feet carry her quickly to the borders where she finds Anatha and another, slightly younger wolf, with nothing but questions upon her arrival. She does not investigate the scrawny child on her doorsteps but instead turns to the red girl that has begun to resemble her mate in some ways. “What is this?” she asks, her feet rooting in place as she flickers once more to the dark child.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
165 Posts
Ooc —
Heda arrives shortly after her call, and she does not spare a glance at the dark girl before launching into a decidedly clipped version of the story. "I found her, Heda, dying."  this sounded a little lofty, though it was easily amassable that this had been the case by the drastic thinness of the girl. her gaze slipped from Thuringwethil to land upon the girl, watching her a moment, before flashing back to her leader. "I didn't know what to do. So I brought her here." came her soft-voiced words, trailing in the air like fluttering moths before vanishing into a thick silence that surrounds her. she does not know if she has done wrong in bringing the malnourished girl here, and she is still as she waits to see if she is. 

as for the question of who this is, she turns to the girl once more, prompting her with a silent glance to continue.
Listen up Maggots!
118 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]With the grace of a queen did this "Heda" answer the red wolf's call, the meaning of what she had been called lost on the young Koume. It was strange how she had almost mistaken this female for Nemesis - an equally dark wolf with slightly bluer eyes and a red pawprint on her shoulder. That Koume was referred to as a "something" rather than a "someone" was strange and perhaps a little harsh, but Azura was smart about picking her fights. Her ears moved to drape over her bony skull, silver-streaked tail tucking itself under her midnight belly and her mismatched eyes sought the comfort of the ground.

I-I don't rememb-ber where my h-home is... She stuttered - spitting no lies this time. She had only added more drama to her already dire state to appear more like a child. M-My name is L-Lily...Her voice was hushed and weak and it was obvious that if Heda did not provide the girl with shelter and food that she would not make it. Koume had lied about her name - not wanting word to spread about her being here. She would strengthen up - perhaps even grow a bit more, and then she would abandon the place. Certainly the brotherhood couldn't be too hard to find...[/tr][/td][/table]
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Even if Anatha had not verbally explained what is going on, she would have known. It is not the first time an injured child has come to her door step for help by one of her own. Anatha is not a child of Drageda but there is hope in her youth, as well as Elohim, to be molded enough that they may know no other difference. Her judgment needs to evolve and her care is misplaced but it is not a complete loss just yet. However, with too much on their plate, there is nothing left to be entertained.

“Go to your mother, Anatha,” the woman commands of the child without a second looking. “I will take Lily to our healer,” she says without breaking her slate grey gaze from the child stranger at her feet.
Trigedasleng · Common
165 Posts
Ooc —
she does not know if he has done good or wrong; for surely it must be good, yet there is no praise to indicate this. yet she is not met with a firm "no", and this indecision has her answer quickly, softly, "Yes, Heda."  she wants to meet the healer, she decides a beat later, but does not allow the question to leave her maw; for if she has, in fact, done wrong, her request will likely not be entertained. at least she has succeeded in not allowing the girl to die, and with a backwards glance at Heda does she retreat into the depths of the territory, in the general direction of her mother's den.
Listen up Maggots!
118 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]Finally, the name of her saviour was called; Anatha, the red wolf was called. It was a name she did not know but it sounded pretty. Koume nodded appreciatively when the young female left apparently went to her mother and a pain shot through her stomach. She wished it was that easy for her. Her eyes trailed up Heda's legs to rest on her chest, not daring to peer into those cold, slate orbs again. She felt strangely uncomfortable with being alone with her.

T-Thank you... I-I swear I'll make it up to all of you - I-I swear I'll prove myself useful... She muttered in a soft tone, feeling more than tired of her journey. Silently, she nearly blamed her brother for not stopping her from going across the borders but knew better than to blame others for her own mistakes.[/td][/tr][/table]
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Thuringwethil barely notices the hesitation. It's not something that matters in the moment. She obeys and turns around, disappearing by the sound of softer footfalls away from where they stand. Her attention never leaves the child, either, and she only entertains different ideas in case she missed one all together but ultimately she knows what she needs to do. The girl stammers her gratitude and gives the same plea she's heard before, here and in Seageda, but there is simply nothing she can do for her. At another time, perhaps, but now is not it.

The woman lifts her head and makes a call, but it is not for their healer. The intent is vague but direct to those ears sensitive only to her voice. She looks back down when her song is over with a reassuring smile while she waits. "Can you walk?"
Trigedasleng · Common
139 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
He heard the first call but did not make an effort to get there first. He meanders through the redwoods in the general direction, listening for signs of distress in the distance and whether or not he was needed. It is only when the second call is made that his feet kick in to gear and it's only a few minutes later that he comes upon Heda and a dark bundle in front of her. There isn't any talking at first and he carefully approaches, certain the child is not a threat to Drageda. However, with purpose still in her call, Arlo continues his approach until he's several yards away and acknowledged by Thuringwethil.
Listen up Maggots!
118 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]Azura stares at Heda's paws as a rather unsettling silence falls between the two. Without Anatha by her side, she felt rather unsafe. While Anatha had not shown much desire to befriend her, she obviously cared whether she lived or died - Heda did not seem... motherly concerned by Koume's physical state. Perhaps the little flame had doomed herself by going with Anatha, burning up her last bit of strength to get here. When the leader of these strange coastal lands called out for someone, Azura was positive that it was to bring the healer here. Barely... She answered softly.

When a pale wolf appeared there was no telling what was going to happen. No orders had been given - nor certainty of her safety. The silver-streaked girl looked up at the rather young male, looking away and at Heda then. Confused was a good way to describe her.[/tr][/td][/table]
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The girl is weakened and admits she can barely walk. Anatha likely used what little energy she has left but she's scrawny and young enough that she can be carried (awkwardly) here and there. She frowns when she notes her smile is not encouraging enough for her and releases a breath instead, waiting quietly until Arlo eventually arrived a short time later. His head droops as he inspects the scene and inches closer when she beckons. Thuringwethil meets him halfway to put space between her and the child where she whispers something quietly too much. The male has no questions for her, nods once, and turns to the girl.

"Lily, this is Arlo. He's going to take you to someone that can help," she tells the pair but does not depart the scene. Instead, she waits to see the girl's response before she leaves the pair.
Trigedasleng · Common
139 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
Tags for visibility.

When he is given his orders, he stiffens at first to look at the child. He is inexperienced with the younger generation of wolves. He's barely seen the Drageda born children from his post and he has been nearby to @Kalika and @Calypso for the last several days until his brother, Melchior, took over for the next few. Lily looks terrified, rightly so, but Arlo does not ask questions as he steps forward and softens his posture. Should the girl ease into his company, he'll give her a smile and then glance over his shoulder to watch the departing Heda, before he returns his attention to Lily.
Listen up Maggots!
118 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]Observing eyes watch the two adults come together and whisper something even her sensitive ears cannot pick up. Had she been wrong by trusting Anatha, Heda and herself? More and more did it seem like a plot to get rid of her. Her face went from confused to a mix of that and surprise as Heda finally talked directly to her. Taking me to my final moments, I bet. She nods at Arlo, daring not to speak until the young man comes closer. Hello... She greets softly.[/td][/tr][/table]
139 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
Arlo focuses on the girl as Thuringwethil makes her departure. She’s quiet when she speaks and he smiles, wags his tail, and steps closer. “Hi,” he replies and nudges her forward. He carries her if he needs to, but the brute sets off with the girl and tow and little to say between them.