Moonspear i have a hunger and i can’t seem to get full
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
All Welcome 
The realm of the gods existed skyward, and that was where Olive felt most comfortable — in her devotionals and her prayers, watching her two babies play and grow [were they not angels themselves, incarnate?]. When she was guided by divinity itself, only then did she feel safe. Every time she bowed her head or prostrated herself against the earth, Olive knew she was doing something good — abetting in her higher purpose, rather than challenging her fate at every turn. If she did just so, her family would be safe. Though Olive had thrown herself headlong into the philosophical tellings of the heavens [where the interconnective energies were most potent], the druid was often reminded that the physical realm — this flesh, the earth beneath her feet — also needed tending to.

So when the children were playing and Dakarai did not beguile her shadows, the women set about to her gardening.

The fecundity of the mountainside was apparent during the wetness of the season; small plants took root and blanketed the peaks, and everywhere she could see was a spectacle of different shades of green. More often than not, Olive could be found padding through the lushness, uprooting small flora and carrying it all to a small outcropping of trees; within which the druid have grown a veritable garden. Here the fae collected feverfew and raspberry, ginseng and motherwort [amongst others she did not know by name but by scent, and several ornamentals], nurtured her crops and watched them flourish. The medicinal properties of such plants were best left to those more skilled in the healing arts than she — but it was Olive whom could cultivate the seedlings, nurture them, and make them useful. Hadn't one of the dark sisters mentioned an interest in healing?

Even if the plants were not useful, Olive found the activity kept her grounded. It was a pleasant thing to do and kept her mind distracted from the omnipresence of the dark knight; so she decided to indulge herself that fine afternoon. After the children had roused and set about to their own business, Olive returned to her gardening; paws in the dirt, delicate jaws gripping the stalk of some plant, striving to create a perfect microenvironment so that it may bloom under her care.

and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Daisies, daisies perched upon her forehead
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
In her casual innocence, Korei ventured from her sleeping place to go looking for these plants that her Mama suggested her to find, to help her friend Pyx. She went looking, inspecting every plant. She thought every bit of green would be useful, yet touched nothing. Not till she spotted a pretty white flower. With an 'oooh' of bewilderment at the flower, she plucked it and went on her way. Not noticing the other wolf as she passed right by.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
If Olive hadn’t ceased her digging at that very moment, she and Korei might have passed like ships in the night – but it was not to be the case! The sounds of paws, hitting hard against loam and scraping away what was unearth, but replaced by the soft metronome of pawsteps – but then the pawsteps stopped – but then they started again! Almost immediately, the mother felt apprehension prickle around her withers. She still did not feel at peace with Moonspear, though she tried with all of her waifish might; but the countless black coated, blue eyes sisters beguiled her children’s every step and Olive wasn’t entirely convinced they would practice restraint where their fangs were concerned, if push came to shove.

The druid peered through thin stalks of the arboreal alcove, not unlike the bars of a prison cell, to glimpse upon a wolf in white. At first, Olive believed it to be Charon [a man whom she was equally unexcited to see], but the shewolf was much too tender in her movements to be the brutish king.  The female seemed to be as young as Hydra and Lyra, and soon Olive was able to pinpoint the girl as the ever elusive Korei. Her heart lightened and the shrouded druid stepped out from her obscurement, hoping to catch the girl naturally in a conversation instead of calling out after her shadow… but truly, either interaction would do. Cheerfully, the woman chuffed to draw attention and then continued in her customary soft aria “Did you pluck the roots?” If so, Olive saw no reason not to invite Korei to plant the delicate bloom in her burgeoning garden.

798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei stopped suddenly when she heard a chuff. Caught by surprise, she whirled around in a sudden fright, and saw it to be someone she had not seen before. But herself being the charming little pup she was, she immediately smiled and wagged her tail. Her brow raised, then head tipped to the side. Then she mumbled something around the flowers, "The...roots?" She did not catch on to what this wolf meant. Instead, she shifted right to introducing herself, as she believed not doing so was rude. "Oh, I'm Korei."
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
The sylph failed in her attempt at not scaring the young thing — instead, the girl spooked and twirled around in sudden fear, so Olive kept her features soft and cool. She meant Korei no harm — but the woman did look a fright, with her limbs caked in mud and fur all pushed up in places it shouldn’t be. Gardening was hard work, and Olive had never been one not to put everything she had into even the most menial of tasks, looks be damned.

Then Korei introduced herself. Olive had known the girl’s name, but it seemed the girl had not known hers. This actually pleased the mother — if Korei had known of her, it meant the others were talking; and nothing good seemed to happen when she was the topic of conversation. Almost appreciatively, Olive greeted “Hi Korei,” a thoughtful saccharinity flavoring her tone. "I'm Olive."  Gesturing to the small flower, Olive digressed. ”The roots are the part of the plant that’s underground. They’re usually small, white and fragile. They look like the branches of trees, without leaves.” It always humored the pale women how trees looked the same on top as they did on the bottom “If you manage to pull up the roots, the plant can be moved and will flourish elsewhere.”  If the bloom did have its roots, she could not discern them; nor did she know if botany was something that interested Korei as much as it did the ever-ostensible Pyx.

798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei tilted her head back to it's normal stance after Olive introduced herself. She had loads of questions, like how she came here, what she was doing being covered in mud up her legs, how she knew so much about plants. Olive went to explaining about roots before she could get a word out. 

Korei had both ears up as she listened. She didn't think she got the roots. "I dunno...I'm taking them to Pyx for her to use! Does she need to roots attached?" She didn't really know if Pyx needed the flowers she held to be moved anywhere, only thinking that Pyx just needed the plant like other plants she had. "I'm trying to help her."
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
A hollow titter left her lip and the fae decided, then, that she would have to meet this Pyx. Though there was some roughness when her children were concerned, Olive had since come to realize that therein lie many similarities between the wolves of the Moonspear and the wolves of the family Svartell. Naturalists abounded [astrologists, even!] and there were wolves to spar with Dakarai — and though Olive was loath to see him to do, she recognized that this was a part of her lothario that needed to be nurtured and was thankful that there were others to do so. She could not provide him a partner, nor could she destroy these desires utterly [using only her ardor, as she once had], so Moonspear’s militant nature was one she would have to deal with. 

The security of their harborage was worth it. Her family was worth it.

Olive gestured towards the flowers tenderly gripped in Korei’s jaws. They were pretty, white — and if there was medicinal use for them, the druid did not know it. She was not a healer but a creator; of babies, of life, of love, of plants. That’s why she had Carina; the little sheepdog nursemaid who, for all intents and purposes, was likely slain for her own lowly life.  The thought was almost too much to bear — so the pale woman quickly segued her thoughts. ”Does she need them for medicines?” Olive inquired genuinely. Roots were mainly used for water uptake; but nutrients were stored in droves in the leaves and flowers. The roots, with their low concentration of, would likely prove not useful. ”Then, likely she does not need them.” With a nod, Olive decided her arbitration.

With a nibble at her pale, earthen-stained lip, Olive canted her head. ”…but roots are useful for planting and reaping, gardening.” Her tail swung low, buoyantly brushing against the ground. ”Would you like to see?” The druid had never shown anyone before; not even Dakarai. Olive notched up an eyebrow at the ivory girl, turning a shoulder towards the small thicket of trees at her flank.

798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei stared back blankly, then her face fell as if she had already failed. Were they even of any use to Pyx? Any at all? "Uh..." Her eyes went to the flowers in her mouth, or at least the best they could. "I don't know" she mumbled through her teeth. And if Pyx had no use for them. And since they had no roots, she didn't think Olive could use them either. However, she would still show her friend Pyx. But, when Olive offered to show the little one she quick to being distracted.

So she set down the flowers behind her and went over next to Olive, not bothering about personal space or anything like that. her tail wagged to see something rather new. Then she sat down, looked up to Olive and put on the widest smile she had. "Yes please! I wanna see it!"
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
…and a month later! i’m literally the worst, i’m sorry. I'm going to go ahead and close up here ❤️

The girl was all too happy to oblige, so Olive continued to turn heel and sashay away to the arboreal enclave. The trees were close here, but they grew thin and not so close that the lithe female and the younger girl couldn’t squeeze through. It was a perfect fencing for the treasures held within, establishing the space as something defined and real. hers. 

However, those treasures were not [yet] valued for their beauty. The plants had just been repotted within the earth, as this was still quite a new endeavor for her. Some had recovered from their transplantation, but others were having a rougher time of it — dropping and all around just looking sad. With her careful attention and curation, soon they would blossom and bloom — it was the growing season, after all! — but, for now, Olive hoped Korei would be able to appreciate the potential in the various green stalks and leaves. 

“They’re, uh — not at their prime, yet.” she admitted sheepishly, throwing the pale girl a wry grin. ”But soon they will grow wild!”

The two naturalists mused over the values of plants, implicit in their beauty, for as long as the day would allow. However, dusk was soon upon them and Olive not only began to fret about keeping Korei from her family as long as she had, but she was wondering where he own children were as well. They were older now and less prone into getting into trouble, but still the mother would round them up every night, feed them a meal that their father brough home and tell them stories of the springtime sky above. So, Korei Julia and Olive bade each other adieu and returned to their respective families.