Redhawk Caldera i may be crazy, don't mind me.
worlds best dad award winner
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Finley looked frustrated, Elwood looked distraught, Eljay looked devastated and Lagan looked uncomfortable. He shifted awkwardly from paw to paw, his eyes flickering from place to place. He almost looked like a little kid who had to pee pee really bad. At last, Finley left them, her and her odd scent. That left just him, his dad and his older brother. Lagan's eyes were still glued to the place where his mother had disappeared, completely spaced out until Elwood nudged his shoulder. huh Lagan mumbled under his breath, he looked up at his dad and gave him a half hearted smile.

Elwood then asked if they still wanted to talk. Lagan made up his mind quickly, and responded, ahh nope, I think I'll hit the hay. I'm tired and stuff. He knew the weird stuff was over, but he wasn't really in the mood for learning anymore. It was a rare thing, Lagan stifling his curiosity, but somehow his level of comfort had reached level zero. He waited for his dad and his brother to respond, but all he really wanted was to go find something to eat and just sit there.
Brecheliant
NPC
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay continued to look pleadingly at mommy, wanting to go forward and make her stay here — but finding himself unable to, rooted in place, too afraid to further anger his mother. She said it was okay but she was still leaving him, and he whined as she departed, ears flattened and tail tucked, a pleading, hoarse whine. As it fell on deaf ears he watched her leave, shaking still as he vaguely heard daddy say something to him too.

It was hard, and he didn't understand it, and it shouldn't have been hard at all. Eljay looked at Lagan, who was just... normal. Who wasn't overreacting, wasn't being weird. He was everything that Eljay was except better and less in all the right places and more in all the right places, too. Eljay frowned sadly as daddy asked if they wished to talk or not and Lagan decided to leave.

"Me too," he said quietly, deciding that he should stop being stupid and just be normal — be like Lagan. But as he gave daddy and Lagan a watery smile and walked off he wasn't intending to go sleep at all. He'd wander about and think, a lot, and then think some more while he tried to get the confusing scent from his nostrils.

last post :)
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
I'll archive! Thanks for the crazy thread, fam! ;)

Elwood couldn't help but feel relief when Lagan announced that he was going to take a nap. He was further absolved of his potentially unpleasant fatherly duties when Eljay agreed. Beneath that reassurance, however, he wondered if he should be concerned about his boys and what had just happened. Lagan, he assumed, would be fine; but Eljay seemed to be deeply troubled by his mother's behavior, despite the fact that he had been through this once before when his younger siblings were born.

"Okay," Elwood agreed. Eljay started to depart before he could say much else or offer his son any physical consolation, so he turned to Lagan. "We'll talk more about this later," he promised, even as his paws began to carry him back to the rendezvous site.