Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Private 
For @Keoni & @Nikai

Even though Valette's own mental state wasn't as great as it should be, the female was quite worried about her two young. Keoni and Nikai weren't that young anymore but they were still children in her eyes, perhaps even teenagers. She wanted to have an open conversation about them about the death of their father. Surely, it was their adoptive father but that didn't mean they cared less for him. He had been their only father figure.

The female let out a howl for them. Hopefully the two would be still around, perhaps, they craved space. She wished they would let her know, so she could keep it in account that the youngsters needed time. She wished she had some more time, but the female had to rule the pack. Now she had to keep up with the external works of a pack as well. Maybe Krypton was up for the title of Beta once more. She seemed to be at the borders quite frequently. Yet, that was a matter for another day.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai had been caring for Keoni and Valette best he could. He patrolled the borders frequently, stayed within the territory most of the time and often brought them food to make sure they ate whenever he could find them. Keoni seemed distant after all that had happened — being maimed and then Steady's death — but whenever he could, Nikai would find her and look after her.

Yet he also had Valette to take care of and it was a task that fell heavily upon his shoulders, which weren't quite broad enough to carry the burden. When the call came out he was quick to arrive on the spot, glad to see that nothing was terribly wrong when he arrived. He licked the underside of his mother's chin and then awaited to see what she'd called him and his sister for.
a line from a song
257 Posts
Ooc —
she found she didn't hurt as much, anymore. the first day of her father's death had been the burning of a fresh wound, open and raw. now, it was the hurt of a throbbing, healing wound, painful every time she thought of it. frankly, she was sick of the seemingly never-ending hurt of the past few weeks, both mentally and physically. had she not the support of Nikai, the brother she sometimes thought she didn't deserve, and the comfort of Valette and Sunny, she might have sunk into a darker place than she ought to be. 

a call fell on her ears, Valette, and she twisted, pinpointing with ease the location of the cry. a swift lope took her through the familiar territory that was Easthollow and to the forms of her mother and brother, moving swiftly to plant a lick on the underside of her mother's chin, and to nuzzle her brother's shoulder in silent greeting. planting herself beside her brother, she looked to Valette to listen to as why she had summoned them here.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was glad to see her two young come when she called them. She showered then with licks. Nikai was such a sweetheart trying to take care of her. Poor Keoni. The girl had just suffered injuries and now she had to deal with her father dying. "My wonderful children," she spoke and moved in close to them. The dark colored female needed them around. They were the ones that grounded her. Valette's life wasn't over. She still had these two, and the pack.

"I just called you two to make sure that you both are alright. I want you to know that you can always talk to me about Steady or if you have any questions you can ask them," she explained to them both. She didn't want them to feel like they couldn't talk to her about his death because it would make her sad. She wanted Steady to be reminded. He was a wonderful leader, father, and mate after all. "Are you two alright?"
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Valette wanted to make sure that they were alright, but Nikai couldn't see how they could be, so soon after their father's death. He understood what she inteded to say, though, that she just wanted to see that they were as good as possible under the circumstances. Nikai had a lot on his mind but he kept it all to himself; the itch of wanderlust hadn't let go of him since he had last admitted it to Valette, and though he'd only explored the meadow just outside their territory he longed to see more of the world.

Yet now was not the time and place to give in to such desires, with the current situation, and so, after exchanging a quick glance with Keoni, all he said was: "It still hurts, but I'm holding on." He didn't want to speak for his sister, though felt the desire to, so he looked to her instead, hoping that she could find a way to express herself too.