Noctisardor Bypass We still live in the same town, well don't we?
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
All Welcome 
Day didn't know when patrolling the borders had turned into this - trotting around the edges of Cebra's territory. At least, he thought of it as hers. She was the only one of this pack that he'd met, and that was beginning to bother him. He appreciated, of course, that the Bypass pack had left them alone, and had, thus far, been returning the favor. But with Khoe's fading heat, and the scent of pregnant wolves on the Bypass's borders, he thought a little tête-à-tête might be wise.

Without much further thought on the matter, Day tipped back his head and sent out a short, inquisitive howl.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
I once saw the end of my life.
427 Posts
Ooc —
Crappy phone post, sorry!
Gwen had just finished talking to Semira. She had decided, then, that she would probably go and visit the neighbours as soon as she had time, and would most likely take Mawk with her. However, she still didn't know if she wanted to. The visit could wait, she supposed, until the issue with Kelina was sorted. That had to come first - she did not want any of her packmates hurt.

When the call reached her ears, she was quick to respond. The Bypass had not received any visitors for quite some time now, so just seeing someone's face (who wasn't Kelina or a part of GB) would be pleasant. The Empress was, luckily, marking the borders close to where the call had come from, so she made her way there in a steady jog.

"What brings you to our borders?" She asked with a smile, despite having her tail raised and posture dominant. She wanted to be kind, of course, but she did not know whether this wolf could be a danger, and she wanted him to know that she was the Empress here anyhow.
[Image: 8rXo9x9.gif]
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
He had not been there long when a small, white shewolf showed up, tail flagging regally behind her. Day himself made no overtly dominant gestures, but neither did he shift his informal, relaxed stance to something more submissive. Instead, he took a hesitant half-step forward, nose twitching as he ascertained that this was not one of the pregnant females among them. He had no desire to deal with them (he remembered Amber's pregnancy all too well), especially when he'd soon have Khoe to attend to.

"I'm Day, from over-the-hill," he replied, not quite answering her question, but not quite ignoring it, either. There wasn't a concrete reason for his being her, other than to test the waters and see what these Bypass wolves were like. "Cebra might've told you about me - my daughter and I met her a couple weeks ago." She also might not have, but Day still figured that throwing the other wolf's name in couldn't hurt.
What's Mine is Ours
427 Posts
Ooc —
Gwen, at the males words, allowed her own posture to relax somewhat. Her pose was still clearly dominant, but it was far more subtle and casual. Her smile grew somewhat, too. "Ah, Day, pleasure to meet you. I'm Gwen," She replied, giving a small wag of her tail. "Yes, I'm pretty sure I did hear something about that a little while ago," she added, pondering it for a moment. There was something about a wolf and his daughter, she was sure, but the memory had faded slightly with all the stress Gwen had been feeling recently.

"Funny, actually, I was planning to come to you and say hello." She chuckled, but felt herself relax even as she said the words. Semira had been right - the newcomers had come to them. It made her life so much easier, as now she would not have to organise a trip over there. Now she would not be endangering any of her packmates, nor herself.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day offered a wan smile and gave a doleful wag of his tail. He had far too much weighing on his heart for this to be a truly pleasant visit, but he was glad that she seemed friendly, and glad that she was able to relax in his presence.

"Well, I'm glad I saved you the trouble," he quipped, and he found that he was glad. The woman before him seemed as stressed out as he was, and he was glad that there was something he could do to ease her mind. "We don't plan to stay forever," he went on, knowing it was what Gwen would want to hear, and likely what she'd been planning to visit him about. "We'll move before long - before winter, certainly. We might come back next spring, but you'll have the land to yourself for the harder months."
What's Mine is Ours
427 Posts
Ooc —
So, they did not plan to stay after all. Perhaps that was good, since they were indeed very close, but this man - who she assumed was the alpha of the neighbours - seemed friendly enough. It would just mean Gwen had less to worry about. "It is a nice place, for sure, so I understand you coming around here." She let out a small chuckle, though she was indeed glad they had more of the land for the colder, tougher months. Even so, it was not often they had to leave the Bypass to find food - a large amount of prey sheltered within.

"I ought to warn you, however, that the area around here is slightly dangerous at the moment. There's currently... an insane wolf around. You may have seen her - she's all black with purple eyes. Uh... well, I think it's safe to say she is a murderer." The warning was spoken out of worry - she did not wish to see any of their neighbours hurt by Kelina. "I don't know if she'll come near you, since her current target is actually... one of our own, but I'd advise you to be careful just in case."
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day chuckled at her words, but quickly sobered when danger was brought up. His eyes hardened at the mention of this strange, murderous shewolf, and a moment later, he shuddered as he imagined how he'd feel if the wolf had targeted one of his own pack.

"That sounds like a problem," he said dryly, wondering how Sylvas would feel about getting together a hunting party and working together to take down this wolf. It was either that or simply leave - neither option was sitting well with him. "I'll let my family know to look out for her. And, if the rest of the pack agrees, I'd like to see if we can get rid of this threat. The land's no good if it's not safe, and I want to see my kids playing here again next spring," he said, his voice firm. Even if Gwen did not want his help, it was clear that something needed to be done. "Is there a place where I can learn her scent? I don't see very well anymore, and I'd like to be able to recognize her, if she's come near our borders."
What's Mine is Ours
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
hope you don't mind me! looking for ranger threads!

"Hey Da!" she called, trotting along the borders when she caught sight of him, speaking to...someone. she approached a little more slowly, the appearance of a stranger a little off-putting. When she neared to stand beside her Da, however, she soon realised that this woman carried the same scent as Illcebra…she must then be from the Bypass. as she came closer, she too realised the tone of the conversation was not a happ one...forgetting introductions, she looked to Da, echoing curiously, "A problem?" 

a hunting party, some sort of danger. it certainly seemed exciting, and Dawn had not the faintest idea that she had met the dark woman already; and given her large amounts of information concerning the Bypass. she merely knew that it was a her, and briefly her mind flickered to Aoife; but surely the woman could not be the problem her Da seemed to be discussing.
427 Posts
Ooc —
Gwen nodded her head gravely. "It is indeed a problem. Another approached, one smaller than Day and Gwen, and one that looked somewhat similar to Day himself. She simply assumed she was his daughter, or some other relative. For sure they seemed to know each other. The Empress glanced at the man again, wondering if he would rather tell the girl or keep it secret. But then, the white wolfess would have told her, minus a few details. But that was her opinion. Even so, Gwen leaned slightly closer while they spoke of Kelina, just incase someone might be listening. 

"I still don't believe she will cause much trouble around your pack, but I suppose we can never be too sure. Especially with someone as insane as her. We have tried a few times to get rid of her, but she seems to know exactly the worst times to come. I gave an order yesterday that nobody is allowed to leave the territory alone." Gwen, for certain, was grateful that Grayday held a similar amount of concern, mainly for the children. As was Gwen's worry - they had two litters on the way. "Her name is Kelina. The one she's targeted here is her brother, Horosk, so he seems to be her main focus, but she seems to be attemptin to hurt everyone he knows, which puts everyone here at risk. I wouldn't put it past her to go snooping around your land for information."

Little did she know that the girl in front of her had already met Kelina, and indeed given her information about the Bypass. "You'll know her when you see her. Horosk told me that she acts all sweet at first, and if you don't give her what she wants then...." How was she to phrase this with the girl here? "...She becomes... less sweet."
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
"My girl, Dawn," Day introduced, after giving his own tail-swish in greeting and murmuring a quick "Later," under his breath. There was much on his mind, however, and he neglected to introduce Gwen to the girl. Besides, the woman had also pressed on, expanding on her concerns and giving a bit more information of the murderous wolf - Kelina.

"Is there anywhere we can learn her scent?" Day asked again, worried that Gwen was avoiding the question for some reason, but hoping she'd just forgotten he'd asked.
What's Mine is Ours
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
an insane lunatic, spreading mayhem? this certainly peaked her interest, and her ears flicked up atop her skull, almost leaning in to hear what the woman had to say. the sort of lunatic that made pack leaders make sure no one left alone? and then came her name, and after a beat, Dawn blinked. Kelina...the name stuck out in her mind, one of the very few strangers she had ever met. the dark woman, by the river. it had been weeks ago, though she distinctly remembered that she had asked about the Bypass. 

snooping around the land for information. Dawn blinked again, tail swishing behind her agitatedly. "oh" she merely said, wondering how great her Da's rage would be if he found out his daughter had been giving information to a potential lunatic. deciding telling both leaders now was better than waiting it out, and potentially facing larger complications, she offered, trepidly, "I - erh - maybe sorta met her. The lunatic. A month ago."
427 Posts
Ooc —
Her name was Dawn. Gwen flashed the girl a small smile, then turned back to her father. "Yes, sorry. She was around here very recently," She had attacked one of the pregnant women, Illecebra, but she did not wish to go into detail on the matter. "I can show you, if you like. You should be able to pick up the scent from there." She could lead them to the place, and no doubt they would be able to smell Kelina. The scent of a lone wolf seemed abnormal and distinct among the aroma of the Bypass wolves.

However, before she could lead them, the girl spoke up. Her words made Gwen grow increasingly uncomfortable, and the Empress shivered slightly, hardly visibly. "Did you.... er... speak to her?" she asked, brows furrowing. For sure, it would not have been Dawn's fault, as she could not have known who Kelina was, but it would definitely put Gwen under more stress.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day's tail wagged when Gwen agreed that there was a place where they could take her scent, but stiffened just as quickly when Dawn spoke up about having already encountered this Very Dangerous Wolf that seemed to scare the color right off of this alpha's muzzle. And Day? His muzzle might also have been paling, but it was Dawn's fault.

He could only stare at her for a moment, assuring himself that she was alive and well. Then, abruptly, he groaned, feeling older by the second. Of course Dawn had met the maniac. She'd probably met every bear, bobcat, and murderer within a week's march. That was just how much his daughter wanted him to have a heart attack.

He waited for Dawn's answer to Gwen's question, wondering the same thing. Of course, he didn't think there was anything damning that Dawn could tell Kelina; Morningside knew next-to-nothing about the Ganador wolves, and what they did know could easily be found out by any stranger with a nose. But it was still bad press to have his daughter getting friendly with this pack's enemies, and Day decided that, no matter what the pack decided, he would have to take a personal interest in finding this woman. Any murders that even looked at his daughter had to answer to him.
What's Mine is Ours
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
her gaze flashed sheepishly to her father as he groaned, unaware that she was the cause of his accelerated ageing. Kelina had seemed nice enough, when she met her, though, in hindsight, she had seemed just a little...odd, something that had completely escaped the mind of the much younger pup she had been. her gaze flickered to Gwen as she spoke next, feeling oddly guilty. how was she to know the lady had been a psychopath? 

" Uh- she asked about the Bypass. I told her about...I told her about the path through the mountains we took with Cebra. And Morningside, too- though nothing more than where home was. Nothing, really. I left after that."  she said a little dryly, though her tone hardly faltered. had she endangered them, somehow? she couldn't have...she only told them about where packs were located, anyone with a nose would have figured that out sooner or later. And Cebra, though she knew little more than her name and what she looked like. [/font]
427 Posts
Ooc —
Gwen was very quickly beginning to panic, but her nerves were settled when the girl spoke. "While that is still not ideal, I'm sure she would have found out anyway at some point - my only issue is that from there you can see the majority of the Bypass." The Empress sighed, but she knew it was not Dawn's fault. Dawn was but a child, and she had not known about who Kelina was.

"I'll... sort something out..." She added quietly, brows furrowing in thought. "I'll show you her scent now, anyhow." The wolfess turned and began to lead them across the borders, but not far. She walked along them, heading to the place of Cebra's attack.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Slight PP to get them there. Let me know if I need to change anything.
Day allowed Gwen to travel a few steps ahead of them before turning to Dawn, a serious look on his face. "Are you okay?" he asked quietly, needing confirmation that she hadn't been harmed. It sounded like the encounter had been some time ago, but he still had to ask, had to hear it from her for his own sake. Regardless, he beckoned for her to follow, knowing she wouldn't want to be left out of something so Important and Dangerous.

He could tell immediately when they'd reached the place; there was a stench of violence and terror, here, and of blood. Brushing past Dawn with a lick to her cheek, the male sniffed over the area, recognizing Cebra's scent at once, and deciding that the more vicious scent must belong to Kelina. The male almost instructed Dawn to do the same, but then remembered that she'd met this grisly woman.

Day shuddered, undeinably distrubed.

"We'll figure this out, Gwen," he said, his voice gentle but unyielding - he would not be turned away, in this. "How many able-bodied fighters do you have? It's clear we'll have to take this to her - can't be waitin' around for this to happen again. Someone will have to stay with the - " he glanced at Dawn, narrowly stopping himself from saying 'kids'. " - with Heartha and Khoe. And your mothers, as well. Might be best to get everyone together while the hunt is going on."
What's Mine is Ours
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
"I'm fine, Da."  she reassured him, hardly shaken by the fact that the Kelina she had met was a lunatic, and rather excited by the fact. She offered his shoulder a playful bump with her muzzle to reassure him that she truly was fine, and followed the pair as they moved, trotting gamely at her father's side. When they came to the scents, she mirrored her father's actions, recognising quickly the scents of Cebra and Kelina. Understanding quickly what they meant, she whirled to face Gwen, asking, " She attacked Cebra?" 

Her father was quick to set into a planning mode, and finding herself rather interested by this, nudged him and whispered, albeit rather loudly in her excitement. " I'm an able-bodied fighter - I attacked a fox once, you know." She doubted the possibility of being included in the attack plans, but one could always hope, could they not?