Moonspear we can stay up here
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
slowly, terance was strengthening up. he was still adjusting to the mountain air, it was a bit heavier that he was used to-- but he found he liked it better. that was maybe his biggest struggle, since his breathing dominated everything he did. his patrolling often included a handful of weighted breaks, allowing him to catch his breath and work up the motivation to push through. he still stopped often, but was beginning to look like a promising mountain wolf. he was at the end of one of these breaks, standing on a cliff and looking over the territory with perked ears. his nose twitched, sniffing at the air, curious what was out there. he caught whiff of a @Hydra nearby, and wondering if she was patrolling nearby or if her scent merely lingered.

regardless, he stepped down from the cliff and back onto the path, ready to continue on with his patrol.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra wore some relatively fresh wounds, flesh decorated by bobcat scratch marks here and there. She had already been told that the wounds would not scar, and they had been cleansed to avoid infection. This did not stop the Ostrega girl from fulfilling her duties, though. And she had brought back her mother a gracious helping of bobcat to ingest if she so pleased. Truth be told, Hydra would have attempted to not go against it had it not consistently sought to attack her without provocation—she feared turning tail would be a fatal error. And with the help of Towhee, it did not even make sense to flee when it kept vying for their blood. It was likely made mad by its head injury... it paid the ultimate price. 

Her injuries did not hinder her, fortunately. They did not effect her line of movement and were largely near her ribs and hindquarters. They did itch, and Hydra paused in her own patrol to sit on her hindquarters and twist to nibble around the edges of a healing scab, before using her tongue to press against the scrape to satisfy the itch.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
as he thought, hydra was also patrolling. she was ahead of him though-- or maybe headed in the opposite direction-- and she was also taking a break. terance let out a chuff as he approached, noticing she was licking at a wound along her backside. concerned he sped up, head lowered as his nose twitched to sniff out the situation. "you good?" he asked, standing not too close but observing her nosily. maybe she'd get some cool scars too, although somehow he doubted that-- they had a whole medicine cache and abled healers in a pack, whereas he only had himself and his sister.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Although Hydra had come to recognize the gait of Terance from approach alone, it had changed the more he grew accustomed to Moonspear. So she peered around her shoulder when she heard movement, and relaxed a measure upon seeing it was Terance. His inquiry was met with a stiff nod, I'd say you should see the other guy, but he's dead. It was some crazy bobcat, she informed him. Looking over herself, she shrugged, none of it will scar, that was good, at least. And she was even told that it would heal relatively fast, which pleased her. She rose to all fours, knowing she shouldn't keep messing with the wounds. 

Hydra moved toward him before turning around to arrive at his side, tail waving. You're looking well, she informed. He was looking better. Certainly better than the day he had arrived.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
"bobcat?" terance echoed, tail pausing in shock. it was a wonder that hydra made it. dante always steered them clear of wildcats, but hydra had taken one on... and killed it? "what?" he then said, clearly requesting more information. he doubted that hydra would be so reckless, she was smart and level-headed, there had to be a better reason. where had she been? where had it attacked her? was lyra with her? when did this happen? his mind flooded with questions-- but he knew better than to just spew them all out. answers would come in time, he knew.

"are you good to patrol and talk? i gotta hear this story... but i also gotta keep patrolling," he added with a grin, nosing her shoulder.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
I know, Hydra rejoined, a little breathless still from the whirlwind fight. It had been very, very quick—painful, but quick. I wasn't alone, and it wasn't here. I was tracking... and there it was. Already injured, she admitted, he took a hit to the head and looked like he was struck a time or two on the shoulder, two... must have been a hunt gone wrong, as he offered to walk and patrol, Hydra nodded and began to move at a pace good for story-telling and looking out. Anyway, it just... attacked me. I would not have fought it if I could have avoided it, she'd been warned a fair amount of times about every creature of the feline variety that was her weight, or greater than. but the thing kept going. Anyway, a... friend of mine, Towhee had earned that, she decided—and young though she was, Towhee was a fighter, like her (which she admired... why were the current cubs here not as cool as this?), was in the wrong place at the right time, I guess, and helped me out. We were able to take it down. Her tail waved at the pleasant ending.

Hydra was glad for that, truly. It could have ended very badly, or definitely worse, without assistance.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
hydra began to explain, and then they began to walk, and terance's ears perked in genuine interest. "shit," he muttered, tail flicking. he couldn't imagine fighting a bobcat... or maybe he could, but still. "well... i'm glad you're okay, dude," he said, smiling a bit and nosing her shoulder. despite his first impression of her (which terance still held to her), hydra was turning out to be pretty cool. he didn't mind her company so much anymore, though it did still bother him when one of any of the three sisters would sneak up on him-- that was just rude. i mean really, mind your manners, one day terance would accidentally bite on of their heads off.

"who were you with?" he then asked. glancing to his right to sniff at the borders.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Me, too, Hydra responded with a smirk. Really, for all that went well it could have went wrong just as quickly... but it did not. It was dumb luck, which Hydra was rich in, and accrued skill—which by the day, Hydra was also gaining. He nosed her shoulder again and Hydra moved to nip him in a playfully fond manner, tail waving all the more. Glad it went down... my mother is meant to have my siblings any day, and I wouldn't want to know it's out there, you know? 

He asked his next question, and Hydra supplied him with, Towhee. She belongs to a neighboring pack, she waited a moment, wondering if she should provide him with Sacred Information. Like the Caldera was not looked well at in previous times, but with its previous leader dead it fell under Okay Now. Hydra decided against it, as it would not effect Terance in any way at all in the coming days.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance gave hydra side-long glance, hesitating. "you think your mom would let me see them?" he asked quietly. probably not, he assumed, but the comment suddenly made him a little homsick. he hoped his mom was okay. and cori and cassie and maia. he had only been around them for a short amount of time, and they were pretty damn boring, but he missed them all the same. by now, they were probably up and babbling and maybe even playing! wraen must be having a ball. he shook his sadness best he could.

"what pack? i don't know much about the wilds. or a towhee, i don't think," he added with a scrunch of his nose. what an odd name.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Eventually, Hydra said after thinking for a moment. Amekaze rarely even permitted her own daughters near the birthing den nowadays. It was, Amekaze had explained, instinct. Hydra understood, though would understand better when she was older. And after the cubs were born Hydra wasn't sure she would be allowed to see them until perhaps everyone else could, even despite her status as "big sister". She heard puppies were pretty useless anyway before that point... and so, unlike Terance, her interest was minimum. 

To his next question, she responded from memory: Redhawk Caldera. Unless you've been there before, you probably would not know her, if he did not know about the Wilds, she assumed he didn't... but she watched him, wondering if he somehow might.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
actually, the caldera was one of two packs he did know about, not counting moonspear of course. "i have family in the caldera... apparently," he told her, quirking a brow. he couldn't remember if that nasty little fiend had told him her name or not, but he wouldn't have stored it away even if she had. "my moms brother used to lead it-- apparently he died. i met a cousin there a little while ago," he then elaborated, regardless of hydra's response. he figured she wondered a little bit anyway, hydra was always filled with questions. he didn't outwardly express his opinion of her right away, curious if hydra had any of her own. she clearly liked this towhee character, so that was a start, but as of now they'd both had very different encounters with the caldera wolves.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Terance explained about some encounter he had, and though his description of the way the wolf that offended him matched the she-wolf she had met, Hydra imagined there was more than one she-wolf that sounded strange within their ranks. Her father had not approved of the Caldera once before, after all. Towhee was fine, but as for the others, well, Hydra had her doubts. My dad did not like who lead it in the past, Hydra informed him, more for his benefit than anything else. Hydra by proxy did not like whoever it had been either, but not enough to be rubbed the wrong way by any of Terance's own opinions. No, she had told him only so he would not sing of his praises for whatever reason to Charon. It would never be appreciated or well-received. Sorry about your family, but hey, we're like family now. Pack and all, she moved to bump shoulders with him, tail waving. Hydra could sometimes be insensitive... but here, she did mean well.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance smiled. the family thing didn't bother him, he didn't know any of the caldera except peregrine-- and he didn't even know him! he'd met him once as a tiny puppy, and only heard all about him. was he disappointed? maybe, but he'd found a much better home here on the mountain. he returned hydra's sentiment with a bump to the side of her muzzle, his white-tipped tail wagging. "pack and all," he repeated to the shadow, green gaze finding hers through a sideways glance.

"wanna see if we can find some dinner?" he then asked, tail curling a bit. the essence of friendly competition showed in his stance, but he was mostly just sort of hungry and the scent of rabbit lingered nearby.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
His words were to be regarded, until she noted his body language. She casually took a step forward and said, Sounds good to me, before she dashed ahead and bellowed, first to find the rabbit gets the liver! hoping that, even despite her injuries, Terance would eat her dust. Hydra followed her nose and ignored the pain—that was how much she loved liver.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
"i don't think so!!" terance bellowed, tearing off after the little shadow. truthfully, terance didn't really care much for the liver-- it almost felt like it popped in his teeth and he preferred not to deal with that sensation. but, it did taste pretty good, and any challenge was welcomed by the rock-- especially if it included the potential to beat hydra. his feet drummed against the ground, off into the distance with his-- dare he say-- friend to find some lunch.