Hideaway Strath Always hanging on to the visual
Blocking my life is the fear of my future.
39 Posts
Ooc — Belle
All Welcome 
August had just finished making a small herb cache not too far from where she usually slept, and was now just relaxing in the shade of a tree. "Alder bark for toothache, Chervile for bellyache, daisy leaves for aching joints, feverfew for fevers and headaches..." she recounted to herbs to treat all different kinds of aches with her eyes closed. She paused after mentioning those ones, opening her eyes, unable to name any more.

"What else...?" she spoke quietly to herself, trying to remember more, but she could not. The blonde maiden gave up after a little bit and placed her head on her lap, recounting in her head all the other herbs she could remember.
Caregiver: 1/5
housewife, also prepared to fuck you up
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
mind if we bump this up to when the larksongs were accepted?

somehow, jhala was doing okay with the change. she did not like change, but-- perhaps-- she'd undergone so much change that it didn't feel like a shift in lifestyle anymore-- it merely was her life. there was something here, it felt like a religion, and the bear wasn't quite positive she enjoyed that, but she trusted dagfinn, and this was his family. the family had kept her beloved son safe... that was all she needed to accept something, perhaps.

she was headed to patrol, the only thing she knew she could help out with here, when she heard a voice-- only one voice. surely, they weren't talking to themselves?

but they were. jhala came across a woman muttered about plants-- at least she was pretty sure-- and stood to observe from a small ways off. after a little while, the mother cleared her throat to gain some attention.
39 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Sure!

The sound of someone clearing their throat brought the maiden out of her trance. She had been so focused that she had not even realised someone else was there. Instinctively, her ears pinned to her skull, but she soon realised she was not in danger. Or... she didn't think so, though this was still a stranger. But those in the Teekon where much more... pleasant... than those in her old home, so perhaps she had nothing to fear.

"Oh... um... hello..." She managed, tilting her head. Who was this?
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
"ya good?" jhala questioned, ears flicking forward, cupped to better hear and answer. this wolf reminded her a little bit of anwyl, who was pretty gone from her memory by now, brought up only by the soft creams and grays of her pelt. her gaze narrowed. "i'm jhala," she added with a dip of her head-- this wolf was, after all, probably a higher rank. she hoped tapat was doing okay with that, now that she thought about it. they'd taught him about submission and he wasn't a very dominant wolf-- but jhala surely hoped he'd make it okay.
39 Posts
Ooc — Belle
"Ah.. yeah, I'm good." She gave a sheepish smile, shaking off the last of her dazed look. "I'm August... Nice to meet you." Her words were quiet, but very much still audible. She was just shy. Talking, especially to strangers, was hard for her sometimes, though this woman didn't seem imposing or anything like that. In fact, she even dipped her head to August. Was she a newcomer? The maiden for sure had not met many members of Teaghlaigh, but on second observation this stranger did seem to be a newcomer.

"You're new... right? Welcome," She gave a small wag of her tail.
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
"back at ya." the bear nodded, her tail waving a little bit. "yah, thanks," she replied, shifting her weight on her paws, "me and my family joined a little while ago." she almost wished astik or tapat were at her side to also meet this august, but they weren't, so she only hoped that they would acquaint themselves appropriately.

"you might'a met tapat-- my son-- he was here a for a while before the rest of us," she added. she couldn't help not talking about her sons, or even reek, they were all she knew now. they were her greatest interest, and she thought them ll to be a treasure. she wanted nothing more than to share them with the rest of the world.
39 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Sorry for short post!

Tapat. Did she recognise that name? Not really, but she nodded anyway. "I'm pretty sure I have heard his name mentioned." She gave a small smile, wagging her tail. This woman seemed nice so far, so August was beginning to relax.

"So, are you interested in a trade or something? Or do you have one already? I'm hoping to become a caregiver." She was not great at small talk, but she might as well try and make a good impression.
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
a caregiver? "my mate is a caregiver," she said, sharing her thoughts aloud, might as well find some common ground. and a mercenary-- and a damn good one at that. jhala held her tongue for a moment, thoughtfully, before she shared her own talents. was she earning a trade, scoff, jhala had earned her trades long ago and was fan-fucking-tastic at them by now. "i am a warrior and a guardian and a damn good hunter," she shared, tail waving. she'd yet to bottleneck her way into one specific hunting field, but she pretty much loved doing anything that involved chasing down game and taking it back to the pack.

her head tilted. "you wanna be a medic?" she asked, feeling the question was appropriate. reek was also a medic, maybe he could help. she, on the other hand, knew nothing about that sort of stuff, and was completely useless.