Permafrost Hollows salut i força al canut
35 Posts
Ooc —
If Redmoon was aware of the lion’s approach he did not show it as he cruised forward in through the underbrush of the way. Removing himself from the game trail, he set off into a thicker set of brush. It wouldn’t give him much in the way of cover but perhaps this route would led to a more open patch of ground sooner to allow him to draw out his hunted quarry. With light steps he picked his way through the terrain - up and over a set of large rocks, around a massive boulder and through a depression only to rise to a higher elevation on the other side. This was a winding maze or so it seemed though as keen as Redmoon’s nose was, he’d be able to track himself back out it needs be. 

But he was leery in another, obvious, predator’s territory. The musk of the feline was strong and so for insurance purposes Redmoon made his way through and occasionally stopped at a rock or a tree and he marked it with a line of urine. He kept his eyes sharp as he did so to make sure he wasn’t caught unawares. Though little did he realize his quarry was actually behind him! 

A twig snapped and he twitched his ears to the rear, spinning with speed to see nothing. It was then that he perhaps caught the notion that he was being hunted. His demeanor lowered and he flashed his fangs. Spinning back around he shot off at a sprint. Knowing he couldn’t outrun a territorial predator in its own territory, he sought out better terrain that would suit him more. It was doubtful that he’d find any but perhaps the flight in itself would bring this mysterious predator out of the shadows for Redmoon still hadn’t even captured a glimpse of it save for feint scent trails due to the predator’s own markings. 

He raced higher and the terrain gradually advanced in elevation until he found himself right back on one of the well worn paths that he’d tried to avoid. It wound upwards until the cool air became dominant and as he wrapped around the hillside he spotted the beautiful view of the Bracken Woods from afar. He couldn’t dawdle though, and off he went until the path deadended into a little cove where the walls on three sides were straight up and into the cliff’s edge. The only way out now was back the way he’d come - right into the eyes of whatever was after him. 

Turning about and perked his ears to listen for anything to signify the approach of this being. He was ready to defend himself! His claws dug into the dirt and prepared to propel him forward in a dramatic lunge. His panting temporarily ceased, such was his focus on the matter at hand. Though it wasn’t just that he was prepared to defend himself but he was also well ready to stand his ground. Redmoon was proud and he’d not have an apology cross his snout for crossing into another’s domain. No, he’d show this other that he was not a force to be taken lightly. And so he scanned the area, his nose kept his awareness up while his ears would let nothing flank him. 

This was it! This is where Redmoon would prove his worth.
Messages In This Thread
salut i força al canut - by Majorca - May 11, 2017, 10:08 PM
RE: salut i força al canut - by Redmoon - May 12, 2017, 08:54 AM
RE: salut i força al canut - by Majorca - May 13, 2017, 10:47 PM
RE: salut i força al canut - by Redmoon - May 15, 2017, 01:26 PM
RE: salut i força al canut - by Majorca - May 24, 2017, 09:23 PM
RE: salut i força al canut - by Redmoon - May 31, 2017, 03:59 PM
RE: salut i força al canut - by Majorca - June 08, 2017, 12:54 AM
RE: salut i força al canut - by Redmoon - June 08, 2017, 02:13 PM
RE: salut i força al canut - by Majorca - June 10, 2017, 05:09 PM