Redhawk Caldera So many matters.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Private 

Sebastian tried to show how grateful he was for Elwood and his family to take him in. It wasn't only him but also his whole family. It was strange how familiar the territory was to him. He remembered most of the pathways. It all came back to him once he started to walk around and explore. However, there were some things he still had some questions about. Where were Peregrine and Fox? Who were all these pups? On the first question, he feared the worse.

Sebastian tracked down Elwood. He had always been a good companion. Sebastian also wanted to let him know about other matters that needed to be discussed. Those were all matters that could be talked about in private. The matter of Mato worried him. His son might be able returning home and finding his family gone.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Over the last few days, the new and old members of Redhawk Caldera had resumed a semblance of normal life. Elwood hadn't yet gotten to know any of Sebastian's companions; he wanted to give them a chance to rest and regain their health. Sebastian had promised that they would be up and running within a week's time, and Elwood trusted his friend's words.

When he became aware that someone was following him, the Alpha male turned to find Sebastian. He smiled and halted, pivoting to face him. "How is everyone settling in?" he asked, noting the worried expression on Sebastian's face. All of the Redhawks were handling the influx of members well, save for Towhee, but Elwood hoped she would adjust sooner rather than later.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian bobbed his head when the alpha faced him. He realized by the scents of the territory that the former alpha's had been gone for quite awhile. Sebastian quickly nodded. "I think most are settling in well. Safe for one of my daughters," he spoke to Elwood with a hint of worry. It was a good springboard to what he wanted to talk about with Elwood. "She is worried about her brother, my son Mato. I can't help but share that worry. Mato left to join some youngster pack, we don't know where that pack is located exactly. But I'd like to find him, so we can tell him we moved. I wouldn't want him to think we left him behind. If it wasn't for our territory being contaminated," he sighed and battered his pale eyes at Elwood.

The idea that Mato would visit them, and then find out his family was gone was a terrible thought to him. "I know I promised I would be pulling part of the weight of the pack but would it be okay if Nova and I would go look for him? I think it would give Nova some peace of mind to," he spoke. Hopefully, Elwood would agree. He wasn't the worst of wolves. Sebastian didn't want to back down from his promises though. Elwood should know that.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Elwood started to nod as Sebastian assured him that the former members of Broken Antler Fen were becoming more comfortable in their new home. He paused, though, when Sebastian made mention of one wolf in particular, who wasn't making the adjustment as smoothly as the others. His brows lifted and his ears pressed towards Sebastian as he elaborated; the group of young wolves that he mentioned sounded all too familiar. He would wager that Sebastian's son Mato was with Liffey.

"My daughter is with that group as well," he said, the corners of his lips turning down. His problem with that situation was that Liffey had run off without letting her family know where she was going and who she would be with. All he knew was that she was with a young male, and even his name escaped Elwood. Had anyone ever even told him what the boy was called? He couldn't remember.

"I understand Nova's concern, though. My son, Lagan, was upset when his sister departed, too. If going to look for Mato will help your family, then that is fine with me," Elwood said. He trusted Sebastian; even though he had just arrived, he had no doubt that Sebastian would stay true to his word and would return after his mission was complete.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was surprised that Elwood's daughter was with the youth gang. Somehow that made him a bit relieved in a way. It meant that Mato was someone they knew, indirectly. Plus he had the feeling that Elwood and Finley would have raised their children well. It meant that Mato wasn't joining some criminal gang or something like that. Sebastian even looked a bit relieved.

"Thank you, Elwood. Perhaps I can also give in some insight about your daughter. What is her name?," he asked. Then he could always inquire about her and if she was going well. It was something he might as well do once he found them. Perhaps, he could also have Nova and Lagan meet. They might find some kinship with each other.

"There is also another matter. I noticed the absence of Fox and Peregrine," he spoke and then looked with a mournful expression at Elwood. "And well, I have the feeling I know my assumptions are right?," he questioned.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
"That would be great," Elwood replied emphatically, feeling a weight lift off his shoulders. Just Sebastian's offer to check on Liffey eased his mind. Hopefully his worries would be put to rest; more than likely, Liffey was doing just fine with her new band of comrades. It was the unknown that concerned him. "Her name is Liffey," he added, then elaborated with a grin: "She looks just like me and Finley." It would be impossible not to recognize the young Blackthorn.

With that matter settled, Sebastian moved on to another topic. It hadn't explicitly come up during their arrival from the Fen, since there had been a lot of wolves present, but Elwood wasn't surprised when he asked about Peregrine and Fox. "Yes," he said, ears splaying slightly to either side. "Peregrine passed away in the fall of natural causes and Fox died when she was giving birth to the newest litter of firebirds. I can show you where they're buried if you want to pay your respects," he offered.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian nodded instantly. "I will ask for her if we find the pack," he spoke with a quirk on his lips. It made him feel a bit better that it wasn't only selfish reasons driving him to find his son. It would also be about Elwood's daughter. "I will do my best," he spoke with a quirk on his lip.

Then the news of Fox and Peregrine came. So, they passed away. Sebastian looked sad for a moment and then nodded. "I am sad I couldn't say goodbye," he admitted. "So I would like to see their burial site," he agreed. He wanted to pay his respect to the two wolves that took him in when he was still a bitter young man. "I thought they would live forever," he admitted to his friend.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
There hadn't been a doubt in Elwood's mind, but he was still relieved when Sebastian confirmed his promise to speak with Liffey if possible. "Thank you, Seb," he said, already hoping that the damaged relationship with his daughter would be repaired. If they at least knew where she was, they could breathe easier -- and perhaps could even pay her a visit. But he was getting ahead of himself; he drew himself back to the present as they continued their conversation about Fox and Peregrine.

"This way," Elwood said, turning as he began to lead the way towards the graves of the former Alphas. As he fell into step with Sebastian, his companion made a comment about the longevity of the lives of Peregrine and Fox, and Elwood chuckled as he agreed. "I thought so too. It still seems weird around here without them," he said. It didn't take too long for them to reach the Redhawks' final resting place, seeing as it was located somewhere between the rendezvous site and the whelping den (and when I asked, no one was quite sure where it was!). Elwood gradually came to a halt, looking at the mounds of earth that marked the places where his best friends were buried.

He hung back, but gestured with his snout for Sebastian to go ahead; he would give his friend a few moments of privacy alone with Fox and Peregrine.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian slowly nodded when Elwood agreed that the alpha pair should have lived much longer than this. As they got closer Sebastian became quieter. He dipped his head at Elwood's gesture and stepped closer to the burial place of the two wolves. It was unreal. Peregrine was like a father to him, and he did eventually warmed up to Fox. That female probably had the same with him. He needed to prove himself. He let out a long howl, which was his goodbye son to them.

He looked at the two piles and gave them both a nod. "It was good knowing you two. Don't worry. I will make sure your youngsters will grow up safely," he spoke. He then dipped their head to them and turned back to Elwood. "Thank you for showing me," he spoke. Sebastian then realized that perhaps a leadership position was open in the Caldera. Yet, it might be inappropriate to talk about before the graves of Peregrine and Fox. Maybe if Elwood would see all his hard working efforts he would come to him with the offer. "I meant what I said. I will take my role in this pack seriously," he assured his friend.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
So sorry for the delay! Life got crazy for a few weeks!

Elwood averted his gaze, studying the landscape while Sebastian had a moment with the deceased Alpha pair. He could hear the rumbling of his friend's voice as he spoke lowly, but he could not make out the words that were said. When Sebastian turned away from the graves and approached him, Elwood shifted and offered him a faint smile, nodding his head in response to Sebastian's expression of thanks.

The younger male then promised to pull his weight in the pack, which was something about which Elwood had no doubt. Sebastian had been hard-working and dedicated as long as he had known him, and the fact that he had successfully founded his own pack and became a father only added to Elwood's confidence in his abilities. "I know you will, Seb," he said. "Finley and I are glad that you and your family are here," he added earnestly.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
No worries! Same for me! <3

Sebastian offered the other a soft smile. It was good to hear someone have faith in you. Perhaps, he was never an alpha wolf after all. He had no difficulties settling into the role of a pack member. Or perhaps, he was just very adaptable. He glanced over his shoulder to the graves one more time before moving his gaze to Elwood. "I'm also glad that we settled here," Sebastian smiled. "I have good memories of this place."

Sebastian turned into the direction of the rendezvous site. He liked to see his family, and maybe some of them were around the central meeting point. "I'm heading to the Rendezvous site, will you walk with me? Or will you go back to Finley?," he asked.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Thanks for the thread! :)

Elwood considered his options briefly before replying. "I think I'll go catch her up on everything -- I'll let her know that you and Nova plan to go look for Mato, and that you'll check on Liffey, too, if she's there," he said. He knew that Finley felt guilty for the circumstances of their daughter's departure, and he hoped the news would make her feel better.

"Let me know if there's anything else you need, and keep me posted on when you and Nova plan to head out," he added, and then with a smile and a wave of his tail, he departed.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian bobbed his head. "Understandable," he spoke. Sebastian hoped that he would be able to leave soon. The only thing was soothed him was that he knew his son could fish and take care of himself. He would most likely be with that pack. "I will keep you updated. I will howl when I leave," he spoke to Elwood before he departed. Sebastian went his own way, back to Pearl.

Ah such a good thread <3