Stone Circle but before the melt
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
All Welcome 
another aw!

It was dusk, the sun was cresting over the endless flower filled meadows of Stone Circle, casting colorful shadows onto the ground. The sky seemed to reflect those colors, filling the clouds with pink and orange lights, like peaches and tangerines in the sky. There was little wind, and little sound but the soft swaying of grass as Ezekiel passed through it. The land certainly did not know of Steady's death. If it did, it would be just as dark and crippled as Ezekiel felt.

His routine was keeping him going. Waken at dawn, patrol, hunt, sleep, waken at dusk patrol, sleep. On those rare occasions when his routine was broken, Ezekiel was reminded of all the sadness and anger that he was being tested of, and he could hardly bear it. He would never admit it, or go looking for it, but he needed someone to be with him, there for him. He was setting too big a bar however. The only wolf he truly wanted by his side during this time was Valette, and he knew very well that she did not want him back. Sometimes he thought it would be easier to just leave, but this was his home.
Won't you torture someone else's sleep?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
ooc: don't mind me just slipping in...

after the death of their beloved steady, krypton had been on more of her own payrolls that were outside of the borders that led into areas close by. Checking borders wasn't that hard, but going outside of home to really stake a claim, that was something about out of the ordinary for a wolf like her, who is more home bound now. 

Krypton knew everyone was still struggling with steady' death, her especially along with Valette and the kids. To krypton, she could've been there early enough to save him, at least, that's what she likes to tell herself. She was remorseful for not saving steady, but what could she have done? He was far too injured to be saved. Of course, krypton will ever want to believe that, she'd rather blame herself instead.

wandering the land, thinking about doing a more exterior patrol, krypton ran into zeke. She had taken care of him and had let him stay within her den when he came to the border exhausted. She hoped he was taking everything okay. When she had left, zeke was still here, and she had no idea what went on during her gone days. She hopped nothing bad.

"zeke," she greeted calmly as she approached him dead on. "You doing all right?" She asked him, not wanting to go too in depth with the sudden death and all.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
I was hoping you would <3

At first when Ezekiel smelled the approaching wolf scent, he paused. He didn't want to talk to anyone, he never did anymore. Especially if it was going to be more pestering pups, or wolves he didn't know. However the wolf that was approaching was a friend, one that he wouldn't mind having around. So he stopped walking and waited for her to reach him. Krypton greeted him calmly, and asked if he was doing alright. no, was the simple answer, but nothing about Steady's death was simple.

I'm alive. He said, something that Steady was not. Krypton, what happened, how could he be dead? He asked, though he knew how and what had happened. He knew that, but how could this be real? How could he really be gone?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
She sensed the tension in the air. The atmosphere was thick and heavy, as if she was breathing in smoke instead of air. She let her ears cup forward to listen to the younger male speak, feeling her head sink back just a bit as she heard his gruff voice in her torn up ears.

when he asked about the cause of steady's death, krypton felt herself shake her head gently. "That I do not know of, all I know is that he had wounds obviously from a fight." Krypton turned her head just for a second, as if to signify she felt guilty to say that. She was a damn medic and yet she couldn't save the most important patient of all.

"as much as we would all love to believe, steady was a wolf, not invincible," she said to zeke gently, stepping a bit closer to Ezekiel and settling next to him. "It's just shocking how quickly he was taken away from us," she whispered sadly.
Medic: 0/10
Guardian: 0/10
???: 0/10
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Yes, he knew they were wounds from a fight. Ezekiel had seen many a fight wound in his lifetime. What he really wanted to know was who had done it? Where was Steady going? The conditions surrounding the fight. He figured she must not know though, so he didn't ask anymore questions. His strong posture softened, as his head sinks slightly towards the earth. Rage boiled underneath his skin for whoever had done this, as it had ever since the news.

He flinched when Krypton came to sit beside him, but he did not move away from her. He allowed her to settle and speak her gentle words, he agreed with them all. How quickly Steady had been snatched from them. How cruel it had been. He hummed lightly in acknowledgement and looked away from his friend. The sky's colors were moving, forming new shapes. Soon the stars would be out. I've never believed in an afterlife. But if there were wolves in the stars, Steady would shine brightly. He said after a few minutes of serene silence.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
the aura of the area didn't feel as heavy as it did before. perhaps, because both wolves met at the same level of understanding one another. it was no longer smoke but real oxygen in the atmosphere. krypton drew in a deep, quiet breath before releasing it through coal black lips. ezekiel's words caught her off guard, but when she finally tuned into them, she could only sadly smile and nod her head. "makes you wonder what they do once they're gone," she said quietly, her eyes catching the moving sky, "take a form as a star to guide others, i hope that's what they do, help the rest of us down here."

krypton was taught about the ideas of afterlife as a kid and often partook in rituals in burying the dead as well as praying for the fallen. she remembered when she prayed for the wolf she and zaria had poisoned back at STM with the yew plant. before she could think back any further, krypton focused back on present time and turned her attention to the younger man. "i just hope that's what he does for us. we'll never truly know our own way without him." the agouti said as she let herself become more relaxed as emotions ran through her. hopefully the sad wave would end soon.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
He didn't add on to Krypton's thought, he simply thought on it. Wolves that become stars and light a path for the rest of the wolves down here. He'd always heard of paths in the stars, perhaps that belief was true. Was every wolf who's life he'd seen taken, watching him? Had they led him back from the pack, had they led him away? For some reason he felt the sudden urge to learn more about the stars, to be able to read him. Maybe they held the answers he was seeking, maybe they did not.

The moment was very peaceful, one of the most peaceful moments that Ezekiel had lived in quite some time. Once again, he nodded in agreement to Krypton's statement. She was a wonderful friend, he was glad to have her. Thanks Krypton. He said, turning his sky blue gaze towards her.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
it was nice to know her words had some impact on him. krypton just remained quiet with a small smile face, enjoying the peaceful atmosphere. eversince steady's death, valette had seemed distant and the whole pack almost felt as if it lost it's familiar touches. the medic would have to try and rebond with everyone again, perhaps get a good feeling for everyone stood after the situation. but, that could wait. she had many more days in front of her where she could talk to each of them and check in,

for now, she just remained where she was with her friend. it was nice to know he was safe and sound. she wasn't sure how he went missing or how he ended up exhausted on the border, but she felt no need to question him. perhaps, she could ask him later in a better time. krypton let him be at peace.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
This had been a really nice thread! We can finish it here or keep going if you'd like <3

Ezekiel was glad that Krypton didn't respond to him, this was a moment better lived in silence. She sat by his side, a true friend, who he would always admire and care for, and together they watched the sun setting further and further in the sky. Ezekiel sat still, feeling the evening breeze as it caressed his shale grey pelt. His icy blue eyes did not move from the horizon, whose canvas was beginning to be splattered with darkness. 

Once the sun had completely disappeared from the canvas, and the afterglow was their only light, Ezekiel stood and shook out his pelt. He turned to look at Krypton, and then one guardian to another offered, Do you want to help me finish my patrol?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
ooc: oh poo i can't believe i haven't posted yet, i'm sorry <3

it was quiet, and it was good. the lack of noise didnt drive her crazy like how it somehow always did, it didn't make her twitch or become upset, krypton almost... welcomed it and enjoyed it, just this once. it was strange to enjoy this quiet moment, normally something would always crash in to interrupt the beastly woman, either a howl in the wind or another member. she didn't mind it, though she always wondered what would happen if she was just left alone, even for just 5 minutes. this is what it felt like, and she enjoyed it immensively.

her large ears swiveled over towards zeke as she heard his voice. he had offered her to join him in finishing up the patrol of the borders. nodding her head gently, the woman got to her paws and beckoned him to lead the way. a few pops were heard as she lowered her body towards the ground in a bow-like position to stretch, twisting and turning in a little shake to loosen herself up.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
it's all good, I'll archive!

Krypton agreed to patrol with him with a gentle nod of her head, and she stood to walk beside him. Ezekiel nudged her shoulder, in a friendly manner, for he was very glad to have her at his side. He started off on the path he had originally been taking, the sunset took its leave from their sight, and the two wolves patrolled until their job was done.