Noctisardor Bypass Just a young gun, with a quick fuse
I once saw the end of my life.
427 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
AW! Gwen's up for a chat, if you want to pop along :3 Anyone and everyone is welcome!

Gwen was slightly hesitant about how quickly she had actually let the girl into Ganador, but honestly, she could not have afforded to turn her away. She saw nothing wrong with her, but of course she knew that people could hide their personalities very easily. The Empress would talk to the others and make sure they kept a close eye on her, as she was not trusted completely yet by the white wolfess. Even so, Gwen did not think she would be any trouble. It was the same as when Cry had arrived. Mawk was supposed to keep an eye on the newcomers, as was his job, but he hadn't reported anything bad about the dark wolf. This was one of her reasons for trusting him somewhat. But then again, none of the members were fully trusted unless they were promoted to the Medio rank. That was the purpose of the Inferior rank - they stayed there until they were able to be trusted and Gwen could rest knowing that she would not have to worry about them. Medio's were supposed to keep an eye on and assess all Inferiors, and report what they found (if they found anything off), but Mawk had taken it on as one of his main jobs. He was, after all, the one that normally recruited wolves to the pack. He just hadn't been able to go out of the territory much since Illecebra was due soon, and he didn't want to go too far from her.

The Empress stalked low in the grass surrounding the lake. There was a rabbit. It was drinking from the lake, and Gwen was here often, so she thought she might as well. She was rather hungry, but if someone else came along she would be more than happy to share. There were rabbit burrows not too far, so the ivory queen was expecting one to come around sooner or later. They needed to eat and drink, after all.

She crawled closer, and closer still, eyes locked on her target. This was what she loved. Hunting, of course, was a natural thing for wolves, but it made Gwen feel so... alive. She loved it. The white wolfess halted, waiting, watching. The rabbit lifted its head momentarily before dropping it again to sip the water. Gwen took this as her chance. She leapt forward gracefully, landing square on the prey's back. Swiftly, she took its neck in her jaws and snapped it. With a smile, she picked it up and carried it off so she could lay under a tree in the shade. Today, like yesterday, was rainy and dull, so she might as well shelter under the branches of the trees lining the area. She did so, resting the rabbit's corpse on her paws.

Perhaps, indeed, someone might come along to chat. Even if they did not, she could enjoy a meal while looking out across the lake, as she often did.
[Image: 8rXo9x9.gif]
But...But I trusted you...
80 Posts
Ooc — Z Nyx
The first person she had gone to find was the White Wolf Woman. Gwen, her name was, and she was going to show her gratitude to the kind ruler by doing the best she could at her job. Sure she was kidnapped, but she was kidnapped for a good reason, and into a nice home, so she could forgive Cry for that. She had no quarrels with the darker wolf other than that.

A few more sniffs gave Leila all she would need to find Gwen, and she leapt through the rest of the forest, happening upon the pale woman snacking on a rabbit. Padding up to the Alphess, she dipped her head in a sign of respect, then lowered herself to the ground. The first words that left her maw however,

"This place is wonderful! Cry showed me where the whelping den was, and I have to say, it has such a pretty overlook. You guys have plenty of food, as well, almost as though you're ready for winter to come at any moment!"

A soft laugh left her as the idea was silly. They were stocked so full of food, it was almost ridiculous. Though Cry's scent had been around the majority of the caches, she could sniff a few others, too.
427 Posts
Ooc —
Speaking of the girl, she padded over right then, ducking her head and speaking happily. "Oh, hi," Gwen greeted her, allowing a small wag of her tail. It would be good to get to know the newcomer, especially if she turned out to stay for a long time. Gwen did not plan to be on bad terms with any members of the group. "Mawk and Cebra are great wolves - I honestly can't wait to see them have a family." she smiled, and then let a small chuckle escape her maw. "Yes, well, the pack was founded during a blizzard, so I guess that put us off being low on food." It was the truth - prey had been very short during the last winter, and Knew had almost died because of it. She would not allow that to happen again.

"Tell me a bit about yourself, Leila. I know pretty much nothing about you. You can share this rabbit with me, if you like, and we can talk for a while." She smiled again, glancing down at the rabbit before ripping off a haunch and passing it to the wolfess. "Then again, I know hardly anything about Cry, too. I really should speak to him a little. Get to know him. I guess I've just been focused on other things..." She shrugged, flicking a fly away with her tail. "Have you known each other for long?"
80 Posts
Ooc — Z Nyx
Leila returned the smile, also elated to know the pack was in good standing. She wasn't used to such a laid back pack, one not based off of an authoritarian rulership, and if honest, she really liked it here. The fact that Mark and Cebra were allowed to have their own litter, now that was astonishing. It only showed how gracious Gwen was. That warmed Leila's heart, knowing she was a member of the pack headed by someone so sweet.

"I don't think I've met them, but I've smelled their scents from the den. I'm so glad they're there for eachother. Too often mating happens, only for one to be alone with the aftermath."

Leila listened to the bit about the blizard, and the patched fae's ears lowered in their tiny smidge of memory. "I'm sorry that oout of all things a blizzard tried to take you guys down. I can definitely understand how that would lead to some concern."

Leila brightened up a bit, but her modesty and humility, she almost refused the piece of rabbit, firstly her rule of leaving the meal to the one who caught it being embedded in her, along with the fact that Cry made sure she had eaten. But she didn't want to be rude, so she gently took the warm and fresh meal. "Thank you," she softly replied to the gesture of good faith.

"Well, I was a pup when my family were pretty well off in their raising us. I had some siblings, can't really remember how many, the memory of that bit was foggy. I was a little thing, a fluffball yet, but tiny. One day, mom and dad told me I couldn't go exploring, but I had the biggest urge to go see the outside world. I know it was bad as a pup to do this, but something just told me I had to go see it. "

Taking a bit of the rabbit in her mouth, she nippled a piece, and resumed her tale.

"I didn't know a storm was on it's way, nor did I know it would lead to a flash flood. I just remember the large Wet coming and I held onto a log for dear life until it was over. I went back home then, but saw my family hadn't made it. Seems it runs in our blood to not be able to swim, and it was shown that night. Thank the stars for that log, or else I would have been floating in that puddle with my sibblings and my parents."

Eating another piece, after she swallowed, she continued.

"I was found by a Roman Wolf named Shadow, who taught me a bit of fighting and how to speak proper Common as a way to combat the natural language me and my familia grew up with. Now, I only remember little specks of what it was, and as evident, it comes out every now and then. Nada major, but it happens. Paarthanax, his mate was a beautiful exotic woman, and she taught me the likeness of a lady. I clung to her lessons more than those of Shadow, as he was trying to mold me into a fighter, but I just wasn't rought enough to pull it off. Paar showed me elegance, suave ways of living that would earn me a mate, and give me a family. I loved them both, regardless."

She ripped off the rest of the rabbit haunch, and finished the meal, then slung the bone out to the pond, giving the fih in there something to eat.

Minty eyes stayed on the pond as she finihed up her story.

"I was abandoned by them, left behind, whatever, but I still love them, no matter whether they left me or not. I'll see them agan, oneday, I'm sure of it. But after that, I just left the land, which ironically enough was this very same bypass, and I made my way towards the snow. I love snow. It was there that Cry had found me. He's a good guy, I'm sure of it. But he brought me back, and here I am."

Turning back to the woman, the soft hearted fae responded to the question, truthful in all her words.  "No, I just met him the day he found me on the mountain. He's travelled with me and kept me safe as he brough me back her. Very protective, I've noticed. I think he might also be related to someone I was associated with a nice while ago, but I dunno. I highly doubt there's more than one 'Cry' in Teekon, though." she admitted with a little giggle.
427 Posts
Ooc —
IWroteTooMuchImSorry

Too often mating happens, only for one to be alone with the aftermath.

Would that have been what happened between Gwen and Knew if he had stayed longer? The Empress knew that she wanted pups one day, but would that happen now? Perhaps she didn't want that anymore. Perhaps she was not built to be a mother - no, she would stick to herself for now. She had already decided that she would not partake in love anymore, and pups was not an option at this point. She had wanted to raise children with someone - that someone being Knew - but did she really want to do it on her own? Probably not.  "Well, if it wasn't for the blizzard we never would have met, and especially would not have formed Ganador Bypass. I'm kinda glad it happened, because these wolves are my family and I wouldn't swap them for the world." She smiled, giving a wag of her tail before leaning down to take a bite of the rabbit corpse at her paws. The wolves of the Bypass, despite not beig blood-related, were indeed the only remaining family she had. Gwen stayed silent during the pale wolfess' speech, as she did not want to be rude and interrupt. It seemed that every wolf experienced some kind of pain at some point in their life. Everyone she had met so far had had troubles at a point in their story, nobody was excluded from that. It was like people always said - nobody is perfect, everyone has scars.

Once she finished, the ivory queen came a small chuff of sympathy. "I'm very sorry for your losses, Leila. I know how hard it is to lose people." Except that this wolfess had lost her whole family in one go. Gwen had not, she had lost them at various stages during her life. But still, she could relate in the fact that she had indeed lost her whole blood-family. "If you ever want to talk to me about anything, please do." She didn't want her subordinate to feel as though she was unable to talk. Talk about anything - especially something that hurt. Gwen might not be able to make the pain go away, but she could try, right? That was better than nothing, was it not? "I guess it's only fair that I tell you a little about me, so we both know each other." 

"I was born far far away from here - we were a simple family. Just me, my sister, and my parents. Everything was good, like it always is in the beginning. I met a guy when I was a yearling, yearning for adventure and dreaming of love; I met Storm. He was so nice, and caring, and he did everything he could to make me happy."
She smiled, thinking back on the memory. Yes, times had been good back then. "I had not a single care in the world." 

"Soon enough, Storm and I became mates, even from such a young age, but we did not care. My dad passed away soon after; he caught an illness that we had no cure for. My mother did not last long after that - she committed suicide a few weeks after. Me, Storm, and my sister stuck together, though. We lived like that for at least another month. During that time, my sister was very depressed, more so than I was, because I had Storm to keep me happy. I obviously tried to cheer up Julie, but it was a futile attempt." Her smile began to turn into a slight frown, and she took another bite of her prey before continuing. "Storm began to slip further away from me, and became very close to my sister. He would always make excuses to stay away from me, and I often caught him sneaking away from our den at night to go and see Julie."

"One day, I confronted him about it. I said that if he loved her so much, why be with me? Why not just go to her? He snapped at me, saying I was his and nothing would change that. I tried to get away, tried to take Julie too, fearing Storm and his anger. Maybe I was stupid, but I was scared of him." Her expression was blank then, trying to take away the pain she had felt. She did not want to remember it, but she wanted her and Leila to understand each other. To really know each other. Telling your story was a good way to do that, and Gwen did not wish to back out of it. "A few weeks after, I walked outside of the den to find my sister's body in front of me, all bloodied. Storm was standing just behind. He said 'This is what happens when you don't listen to me.' Obviously, as soon as night came, I ran. I never looked back." Her ears pinned to her head momentarily, but bounced back up and she gave a small smile again. "I went out on an adventure. I walked for months, just exploring, just searching. I didn't know what I was searching for, but then again, that's life I suppose. Eventually I found the Teekons, and I just knew. This place was where I wanted to be. I joined a pack, and lived there for a while. I met a lone wolf named Knew. We hit it off almost immediately and soon enough he began sneaking into the pack's territory to come and meet me. Honestly, I could have gone out to find him, but he came at the most random times. We slept under the moonlight often." Those were her most treasured memories. She might be trying to get over her lost love, but she would never forget. "I asked him to join so he could be with me without having to sneak around, but he refused, saying that he was happy as a lone wolf. We had so many fun times - we even went ice-skating last winter, and let me tell you that was an... interesting experience." The Empress laughed a little, remembering how she had slipped and crashed straight into the scraggly dog. 

"Then the blizzards came. Many packs disbanded - wolves just went missing. Like they vanished from thin air. My own alphas disappeared, and my pack vanished too. I left and found Knew again. We talked for a while, and decided to form a pack. Safety in numbers was the best way to survive such a harsh winter. We eventually met a couple wolves and found the Bypass here." She gestured to around her. "It was perfect. We stayed and began marking the borders, but before we could completely claim it Knew went missing. He never returned. I lead the group on my own, not giving up for the sake of them, and I still do. It was only last season that we claimed this land, and we're still here. We don't plan on leaving anytime soon, either." She smiled again, resting her head on her paws. "I lead on my own, but I don't mind. It can be stressful sometimes, but the others always chime in to help with things. We manage." Had she rambled too much? Gwen never knew. She never told stories often, and her life was always a... ride. Ups and downs all over the place. But had she gone on too much? Was the girl bored?
80 Posts
Ooc — Z Nyx
No worries! The more, the merrier! It was only to be expected, anyways. :D

The angelic fae listened attentively as the pretty woman narrated on her story, and she had stopped grooming herself as she went into the more saddening pieces of her history. Her forehead bunched in concern as she listened well to the sad tale weaving together. Everything fell into place as she brough how the hardships were what formed the strength of this pack.

Leila remarked kindly, her own opinion being voiced caringly.

"I think it's wonderful you let this keep you up for this pack. It's very romantic, and personally, if I fell for anyone, nothing would hold me back from anything they wanted to achieve, together. Even if I had lost them, I would never trade what we had, for anything. I am proud of what you've accomplished with him, Gwen, but what provess your dedication even more, is what you've done without him. He would be proud of you, just as I am. "

Leila lisked off the remaining blood that was on her left paw, delicate tongue scraping the rest of red away until it returned to the shimmering white it always was. In many ways, Leila wanted to be able to share her love with someone, someone who she would throw herself through hell and back for. But the youth had met none, and even she didn't know whether she would have the responsibility to take care of another. Well, she would, who was she kidding..but what could dare hold her back?
427 Posts
Ooc —
Gwen smiled, listening to the words of the pale wolfess. She seemed to have a rather differemt approach to the matter than Cry had, but then again he did not know the full story. Even so, his words were still etched into her brain and she hoped not to forget them. Leila's now, too.

"Thank you - I hope so. I just wish I knew what happened to him." She frowned, brows furrowing for a moment. Heck, she didn't even know if he was dead. There were no traces of him - it was like he ceased to exist. It was odd indeed. The Empress glanced at the other wolf again, her smile reappearing. "Enough talk on that though - why not talk about something lighter?" What she wanted to talk about was unclear, but Gwen was welcoming anything right now. Just something to get her mind off him.
80 Posts
Ooc — Z Nyx
Leila nodded her own appreciation of the Alphess changing the subject, the darker subject weighing taxingly on her, as well.

Shimming mints sparkled as she exclaimed, "Oh! There was a rabbit burrow I had come accross, and I believe most of the babies have grown exceptionally large. If I can have someone with me to raid it, it will prove bountiful to the whelping den for miss Cebra. I can't explain how excited I am, but I just love babies. They deserve so much more than what theyre given, half the time. "

She could narrate on the exceptional love babies deserved, but it would probably be the next day by the time she finished. The gentle soul couldn't bear to talk her leader's ear off through something like that...that was just rude.
427 Posts
Ooc —
Gwen, too, was glad to move away from that topic. On the subject of rabbits, however, her ears perked and eyes sparkled for a just a moment. "I think I spotted that one from a distance the other day. I definitely could help you, if you like." She was hoping to earn the hunter trade like she had planned to for so long. This could help.

Plus, perhaps Semira might want to tag along too, since she also was trying to achieve the trade.
80 Posts
Ooc — Z Nyx
"Wonderful!" She gratefully exclaimed. "Thank you so much, Gwen."

leila knew she had planned to ask Cry, but he was gone so far on the other side of the territory as he did his routes, and he seemed to only be visible at night time on this side.Can't hunt rabbits in the dark, so what's the use in that? Well, unless dig deep in their burrows, but that was just so much hassle!

"It's getting a bit late now, so we won't be able to," he began as she gestured to the lowering sun. "But tommorow, we will definitely be able to have fun with this. "
427 Posts
Ooc —
Finish up with one more post from you? Thanks for the thread! :)

"The pleasure's all mine. I've been meaning to do extra hunting, especially because the pups will be here soon." Gwen smiled, flicking her ears as she listened to the peaceful sounds around her. So simple, life often seemed, yet so complicated. Times like this she was just waiting for something to go wrong. Since the attack on Cebra, everything had been almost... still. As though something bad was brewing. But what could that be? Kelina again, perhaps, but the Empress doubted she would come near for a little while, hoping to catch them off guard. Illecebra seemed to be all healthy, despite her healing wounds, so she saw no issue there either. It was rather disturbing, she found. She didn't want to just wait for something bad to happen. She wanted to stop whatever it might be, but how could she stop something that might never occur? Something that was most likely just her overthinking things?

"Tomorrow." The white queen nodded, breaking her thoughts. "I must go now, and patrol the borders for a while. I look forward to hunting with you, Leila." Another smile graced the woman's maw, and she stood up, shaking her still thick coat. Hopefully it would thin out soon, but that was an issue with being born in a very cold place. Her fur was always thicker than most during the summer. Even so, she could already see that it was indeed thinner than it had been during the last season.

"See you then, I suppose!" She turned, leaving the area in anything but a rush. She was not busy, simply wishing to patrol and comfort herself in knowing that there was no danger, and that everything was fine. She needed something to soothe her storming mind.