Whitefish River pixels
139 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
All Welcome 
@Koume. Also, all welcome.

The next leg of ravel takes much longer than Arlo anticipates. He misses home, especially in the company of someone he doesn’t know and young enough that it’s not worth trying to explain. He does what he’s been told and eventually he’ll find a place far enough away from Drageda that he can begin his trek back to the cliff he lays his head to sleep at night. Most questions are warded off with silence as the next few days come and go. He hunts, she sleeps, eats, he’ll rest occasionally but for the most part he keeps the duo on their feet and on the go.

They’ve been traveling along the length of the river for most of the day as his own stomach rumbled, sure that hers is as well. He looks ahead, feeling a pull that gives him a little bit of encouragement. “Stay here,” he says, ears cupped forward as he then crosses the river at a narrow point and continues south in a quick trip.
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
She set off, alone, desperate to find her daughter. There was no scent trails for her to follow, no information or leads. She simply went. Clouded by sadness and fear and hatred at herself, she simply went. Potema keened often, calling for Koume loudly, softly, speaking Daedric and Common. She wondered to herself if she would go mad over this, the disappearance of her eldest. She knew she couldn't do that to herself, that jealous act of slipping into Sheogorath's clutches, leaving the rest of her children unprotected in Blackfeather, the histories and traditions that her mother had passed to her lost. She knew she had to keep it together for their sake, for all of their sakes. 

She trailed the flatlands, searching for any sign of Koume. But she knew she could not run without food or without water, especailly not water, not in the throbbing heat of the sun bearing above. Potema drew herself to the Whitefish River that fed the Greatwater Lake, lapping at the cool waters, relishing in the contrast from the heat that pounded on her back.
Listen up Maggots!
118 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]She tried to remain silent, not wanting to be a bother to Arlo even though he was a mere ticket. She also tried to rest to the best of her abilities whenever they stopped and drank enough to stay hydrated. She had a strong feeling that she had been near the river on her strange search for home but she soon realized that there were many rivers - perhaps this was just a lookalike.

She nods at Arlo's command, seeking the shade of a lone tree not far from where he had left her. Perhaps Arlo did not agree, but Koume found that he'd make quite a good father. She had found himself interested in his past before, but she hadn't acted accordingly. She remained in the shadows for now, not knowing how close she was to being found.[/tr][/td][/table]
139 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
Arlo does not look back to see if the child does as she is told. He does not know his motive as he moves forward but he doesn’t have to find anything soon as he runs into another wolf up ahead. She is light in color, contrasting the puppy he is toting along, and he slows to a stop to watch her drink from the cool water. His ears move upon his head, cupping forward at first but eventually they fall back against his head in consideration. He does not notice the red contrast of her fur at first, turning his head back the way he’d come to determine his next course of action.

Instead of approaching, he carefully back pedals and turns right, disappearing into the thick of  trees to watch and see where the other is going.
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
She slips into the river's waters, sliding into the cooling liquid, a sigh escaping her lips. She hears movement in the grasses nearby. Her ears perk, eyes wide as she scans the area. There is nothing that she can see, with her limited vision as constricted as it was. She turns around, her body sloshing through the water. Is anyone there?
Listen up Maggots!
118 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Alone she sat, ears flopping from side to side as her stomach grumbled. She let out a sigh, wondering if her family was even looking for her. Mother cared, she could tell, but perhaps not enough to let her other children alone for a while so she could search for one daughter who may as well be dead. Koume could not blame; this had been her own stupid fault, and she was getting herself out of this shit so others didn't have to deal with it. Arlo, however, was a necessity. Without him, her chances of getting back home were slimmer than her malnourished body right now was.

And then there came a voice from out in the distance; one so faint and overpowered by the rushing of the river. But Koume heard; Koume remembered. She got up from her place near the tree, peeking as to where Arlo was but only spotting a white coat. Where had he gone? 
139 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
Last post from me!

There is little that happens between them. There girl seems to be getting restless and, in the distance, he hears a voice. His ears twist upon his head and he decides they are close enough that Arlo can leave. He does not know the white woman, or what she is like, but it is no longer his concern. The child is no longer a concern to Drageda. He glances the way they’d came but he does not go back to double his scent and, instead, continues on the same path they’d been traveling the whole time and doesn’t look back.
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
There is no response, but the bushes shaked, attracting her vision. She stepped forward tentatively, her paw sloshing through the waters as she slid forward. Her body is tense, listening for anymore movement over the burbling brook. Her voice wavers, and she ventures forth a question she doesn't even believe will be answered. Koume?
Listen up Maggots!
118 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Arlo wasn't there, only the voice of her mother... Mother! She came from the bushes, not caring about rules and orders now, as she raced down the slight slope to her mother. Mama! Mama! She called happily, a whimper of happiness escaping her maw. Home! Home was near!
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Delight sprung into her heart as a familiar cry reached her ears, and then the sudden appearance of her eldest daughter's black and gray streaked pelt down the slope towards her. Potema moved forward instinctively, her own whimpers of ecstatic joy matching Koume's as she embraced her child, kissing and licking the small emaciated form until her tongue felt raw and dry.
Listen up Maggots!
118 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Her own salmon tongue pressed against wherever she could reach her mother, snuggling her white fur and sniffing in the familiar scent of the dark woods. She had done it! The fiery girl had deceived, lied and used others, but she was finally home! I did it mama! She cried. I came back!
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Tears sprung in her eyes, the best a wolf could muster. She murmured into Koume's fur all the while, tucking Koume as close as possible. I know baby, I know. Her voice was choked with sobs, a smile contrasting her sorrow. I'm so proud of you. I'm so happy you're back.
Listen up Maggots!
118 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Koume herself was now sobbing, no matter how hard she tried not to. She was tougher than this! She had faced death and had said "not today". Her bravery and loyalty had brought her back to mother - to her home. I'm so sorry I lost my way! She tried and apologized. So so sorry!