Silver Creek Coast modern
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
All Welcome 
What even are travel timelines?

The Teen Wilds was a vast expanse, but did it ever really have an ending? Perhaps to the writers it did, but to Tytonidae, it was just this general area, and she felt she was on the edge of it. Surprise, surprise: she was. She had headed southwest for a few days, coming over mountains, crossing streams, jogging through forests, skirting pack borders, until she came across another pack's borders, skirting them, too. She wasn't entirely sure which direction she'd go after this.

For now, she was content to sniff the marked borders, gathering what information (see: very little) she could from the thick scent that was intended to keep intruders out. Not that she planned on intruding, of course. Tytonidae was much too intelligent for that nonsense.
132 Posts
Ooc — chey
Away
Natashe trudged along the borders, the heat of the day getting to her immensely. She panted softly and paused occasionally to take a break as she marked the borders, refreshing her scent along them. She sat down as a cold breeze blew toward her bringing her a moment's solace from the sweltering heat if the sun...until she smelled a very strong scent of female nearby on the borders.

She stood up and moved forward until she spotted the woman, and chuffed loudly to announce herself. She had caught the female sniffing the scents that lay there but was put a bit more at ease when she saw that not a paw had been stepped over the scent barrier. "Hello...may I help you?' she asked curiously.
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Tytonidae was approached, as she had expected would eventually happen if she continued to sniff at their doorstep. The other female was a reddish gold color throughout, and although she clearly lived here, she didn't hold herself like a leader (even if she was one). Ty lowered herself accordingly, knowing the quickest way to get herself killed was to challenge a pack wolf who greeted her.

"Hello," she replied, "I'm Tytonidae. I used to live nearby... kind of." She glanced in the general direction of Blacktail Deer Plateau, even though it was much too far away to see from here. "May I ask what this pack's name is?"
132 Posts
Ooc — chey
Away
Placated by the display of submission, though still a bit wary Natashe sat down on her haunches. She listened to the woman's introduction and played around with the name in her mind. It was a lovely and strong name, she wondered what origin it had. The information about previously living nearby was noted, but Natashe didn't ask where the female had resided.

"Silver Creek" Natashe stated after a moment's hesitation. One female couldn't do much harm here after all, and Natashe could definitely take her on if needed. What hurt could giving out the name of the pack do? Not much. "Are you searching for a pack?" Natashe asked next, always taking the opportunity to raise the Creek's numbers.
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Ty stored the name of the pack, then shrugged at the question. "Eventually," she replied. For now, summer meant plenty of prey opportunities. "I plan on visiting a few of the packs in the area to see which one would fit me best." She had other plans, too, but those were too far in the future to worry about right now. The last thing she wanted to do was jump into a pack and then instantly regret the decision.

"Can you tell me a little bit about Silver Creek?" she asked. Perhaps that would sway her decision in the long run. If anything, it would help her get a feel for whether or not they would make a good fit.
132 Posts
Ooc — chey
Away
Natashe accepted the answer silently and flicked her ears as Tytonidae asked more about silver creek. Natashe smiled and swayed her tail, wondering what to say about the dwindling pack. She supposed honesty was the best route, but who would join a pack that had very little to offer and 5 pups to feed?She gave a soft sigh and sat down "Silver Creek is a very close knit pack. We all know one another very well. It is run by my sister Spring. Currently we have four adults including myself and five pups, our numbers have dwindled due to members vanishing suddenly" she began hesitantly, and her voice softened and turned slightly bitter at the part about members vanishing. One member in particular had hurt her deeply by doing so.

"We have good hunters and what few members we have are strong and able. We protect our own with dignity and are very peaceful in whole" she ended the explanation quickly, feeling unable to give more than that at the time.

so Silver Creek is disbanding now. Shall we wrap this up?..
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sure, I'll close it out here. :)

Ty listened, and although the pack sounded good "on paper," she didn't find anything particularly appealing about it. In fact, she wasn't even sure if she would stick around to find out more. "Cool, thanks," she replied instead. "I think I'm gonna shop around a bit before settling down, but thanks for taking the time to tell me a bit about your home." Without anything further to discuss, Ty took her leave.