Northstar Vale we know the way
on my teeth
220 Posts
Ooc — Laur
All Welcome 

He stalked through the forest, a shadow indistinguishable from those the trees cast from the midday sun. Golden eyes glowered out, peering at the doe and the fawn by her side. They hadn't seemed to have taken notice of him yet — nor the multiple other scents from the rest of the brat pack — and Redshank licked his lips in anticipation. In his mind, taking down such large prey would be a simple task; a quick bite to the leg and down they would go. Easy.

Plan in mind, the boy stalked forward a few paces before lowering himself into the grasses again, eyes never leaving his target. The doe looked up cautiously, ears swivelling as she scanned the area as her fawn continued nibbling at the grasses. Redshank stalked closer...closer...

He suddenly took off, kicking dirt up behind him as he shot from his hiding spot and charged right at the pair, releasing a series of barks like he had seen Cypress do at the bear. Unsurprisingly, the doe skittered away with her young in tow, and Redshank followed after them on awkwardly long limbs, quickly losing out to the deer's much quicker gait. A few moments later the boy had slowed to a lope, tongue lolling as fatigue took over, mentally shouting expletives at the quickly disappearing creatures.
A Journey Only Just Begun
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]He had noticed that many big prey animals had not yet taken notice of their presence - something that would work in their favour when they officially became a pack here. The vale was simply so big... who knew what they could hunt on the other side - the new animals they got to meet when they just dug a little deeper? Today was a good day, as most were ever since he had joined up with their band of young adults, and he felt ripe to explore. The sound of nimble legs passed him and he soon stumbled upon the awkwardly shaped boy he had seen many times in their meetings.

He cleared his throat, ears bashfully lowering as he approached the other, noticing that he looked quite tired and annoyed by... something?[/tr][/td][/table]
Follow The Tracks I Lost Long Ago

on my teeth
220 Posts
Ooc — Laur
Even when the animals had disappeared from view, Redshank continued to glare in the direction they went, wishing death and doom upon them for having the gall to run away from him. Such cowards! Of course, the intricacies of hunting was lost on the boy, and he assumed the activity was a simple matter. After all, he had survived solely on carrion alone and, before that, from meals provided by Sol.

The sound of a cough behind him caused Redshank to whip his head around, finally breaking his focused stare from the long gone creatures. He quickly fixed the stranger in his glare then, noting he had seen the man around a few times but had never caught his name. He was built similarly to Rannoch — big and stocky like a tank. This guy, however, didn't seem to command the same respect as their self-appointed alpha. "What?" Redshank responded curtly, brow still crinkled in annoyance from his lost meal (not that he would have been able to take down the doe nor her fawn in the first place).
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]
Keeping these short so I'll have 50 posts at the end of the day so we can settle yassss! :)

The other's voice was like an electric shockwave to the easily-flustered male and you could see it pass him by; first his ears flicked, then his hackles raised and fell flat again, and then his docked tail gave a little waggle. He lowered his built, sunny eyes clinging to the bedding of the vale before he muttered something along the lines of I'm sorry f-for bothering you - I-I didn't mean to interrupt but you l-looked quite stressed...[/tr][/td][/table]

on my teeth
220 Posts
Ooc — Laur
No problem at all! EE EXCITEMENT

Despite the difference in size, Redshank's dominant side immediately flared up the instant he sensed a hint of meekness in the other. He stood, tail flipping over his back as he turned to face the other directly with a pointed stare. While he was built like Rannoch, he certainly wasn't as authoritative. Redshank noted the pathetic, wiggling stump of a tail and averted gaze and smirked, taking a few steps towards the crouched male.

"Yeah, no thanks t'you," he replied with a growl, his voice breaking on the last word. "Why'd y'make them run, huh?" Of course, he was referring to the deer he himself had caused to flee but if he had an opportunity to blame someone else, Redshank would not hesitate to take it.
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]Tryp visibly shrunk as the bold yet quite stupid young man came close to breaking his comfort bubble, confused as to what he was referring to. He had done what now? Tryp did not take well to being blamed for crimes he had not committed (you can ask his parents about that) but this was just confusing. I-I don't know what you're talking about... He said in his soft yet low voice. I-I just got here - I... Was there someone else with you? He questioned quickly.[/tr][/td][/table]

on my teeth
220 Posts
Ooc — Laur
It was sad, really. The man looked as if he could take on a bear yet he shrunk before a mere child, spluttering as Redshank stalked closer. He stopped before getting too close, however, as if scared the resignation the other displayed was contagious. His large ears pricked as he leaned forward, lip lifting to further threaten his poor pack mate. "The deer," he sneered in reply. It occurred to him suddenly that the tawny male hadn't seen the retreating prey animals so he wickedly decided to spin a tale to make him feel even worse. "Big, fat, juicy deer — there were so many of 'em. And y'scared them off."
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
[size=large][table width=80%][tr][td]As the kid kept on talking, Tryp got angrier. He had seen no deer - Rannoch had called him one of the best hunters they had, so if anyone was good at not scaring a possible meal it was him. He sighed to calm himself down. While it smelled like a doe had passed this part of their territory, the scent was way too weak for it to be a herd. I - I don't believe you... He said with a slight raise of his voice. You wouldn't have been able to take on a herd on your own anyway... He murmured. The young man was better off trying to catch some rabbits or fish - maybe even a bird if he jad a talent for it.[/tr][/td][/table][/size]

on my teeth
220 Posts
Ooc — Laur
Sorry for the wait!

What little fight that was in the man came only in the form of a slightly louder voice and Redshank scoffed, though it was at his second statement that he pulled back a step with indignation. Excuse me? He spoke the truth, whether the boy liked it or not, but he still took offence. "And you could've?" he snapped, tail whipping behind him like an angry snake. "Well, I don't think y'could even take down a stupid mouse!"
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
It was at this moment that the influence Rannoch had on Tryp became apparent. Rannoch had made the shy man feel useful - even skilled at times. Burke and Malice had done it occasionally, but never the way Rannoch did. With the alpha's words rushing through his mind did he listen to the young kid insulting and somehow challenging the sheep-like titan of a man. N-No one can! You n-need a group for just o-one! He reasoned with a panicky yet knowing voice. His leathery nostrils flared and his ears, for the first time in forever, perked up in confidence, knowing that what he was about to say was the truth. Bragging did not suite him well, but sometimes it was necessary to realize your worth. Rannoch finds m-me one of the b-best hunters in the pack! The words, though stuttered, came out harsher and he suddenly felt pretty shaky. And m-mice aren't stupid... He added.