Northstar Vale the land that breathes
on my teeth
220 Posts
Ooc — Laur
All Welcome 
The territory was freshly claimed — they hadn't even properly marked their borders to warn intruders — yet Redshank strutted about as if he owned it all. Tail arched high above his back, the boy trotted alongside the winding river, pausing every so often to sniff at the reeds and plants that grew on its banks. The scent of otters and fish were abundant, signalling prey thrived here. A smirk curled across his lips as he peered into the waters hungrily. That would soon change.

For now, though, Redshank continued along on his mostly aimless wander. The sun was only just touching the peaks of the mountains that surrounded the vale — his vale. He passed a spindly looking tree and suddenly stopped, backing up and looking it over before cocking a leg and claiming this plant also as his.
170 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
Airi took up her sentinal post atop the mountain closest to Porcupine Ridge, knowing that the Flatlands below would serve as the main breeding place of enemies to her, to the pack. She knew it would not be true all of the time, but she liked her perch here; not too high so that she was inperceptible to the pack below, but high enough that she was away, like the goddess she was. Close to touch, but still so far away to be an enigma. 

From her perch, she saw a familar sneering face. Dusky umber with a golden stare, she instantly branded the boy as an annoyance, or perhaps even a threat. Airi rose immediately to follow him, watching as he cocked his leg to mark...a tree. Airi wanted to laugh. And she did. Please tell me you are simply draining your bladder, She drawled, scorn and slight amusement tinging her voice. Because the border, I believe, is supposed to be over there, She pointed to the mountain ridge with her muzzle. Or, are you hoarding things to yourself? She looked up at the twiggy thing, barely a tree or a sapling, more like a...fallen branch that was still growing, somehow.
on my teeth
220 Posts
Ooc — Laur
A cackle caught his attention and instantly set the boy on edge, sending a ripple of annoyance down his spine. A familiar voice followed and he cast his gaze over to its source, his ever-present scowl deepening. The girl he had encountered with Rian had made herself known, for some reason deciding to take it upon herself to lecture Redshank some more. His hackles pricked and he lifted a lip, turning fully to face her.

"I fuckin' know that," he snapped after her almost ridiculing gesture towards the border. He didn't really, having had no real experience with borders and territories up until now. Like hell he was going to let her know that, though. "Why d'you care?" he also shot back, looking from her violet eyes, to the lanky tree and then back again as if to say and what if I am?
170 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
He snapped at her, with a word of obsenity in some attempt to insult her. Airi merely smirked, her tail curled behind her. She sashayed to him, her walk full of confidence and pride. Her eyebrows raised at his question, and she smirked in the end. I care because I am under the impression that a pack shares everything within its borders, She cocked her head, again looking up at the tree. Not that I wanted this tree anyway,