Northstar Vale it's a brand new start, a dream come true
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Pack Activity 
Northstar Vale's formation thread! Paging @Rian, @Cypress, @Liffey, @Tryp, @Pyro, @Dublin, @Mato, @Redshank, @Kaori, @Airi, and @Titmouse! Please reply by May 31st!

Rannoch's pack had made quick work of inspecting the Vale. It had not taken the pack of wayward adolescents to realize that there was very little wrong with the territory and soon enough, the first three members of the band gathered together to discuss what had been discovered. To Rannoch, it was paradise. From the lush foliage to the abundance of game, the Alpha could not have asked a better location for them to happen upon. With these thoughts in the forefront of his mind, Rannoch consulted his brothers on the matter, wondering what their opinions were and to see if they would all come to a mutual understanding. 

"I really like it," he began once the trio had settled, regarding the area around them with a fond sweep of his ocean-like eyes. "I think it has everything that we need and it seems safe enough for all of us." Even with the positives, Rannoch saw some negatives to just how grand the scale of the territory was. "My only concern is how big it is. I don't think we'd be able to claim it all." But, despite that, Rannoch saw no further issues with the land. The trio took time in discussing the opinions, but, in the end, it seemed as though they were all on the same page. They had found their home, and it was time to claim it as their own. "Let's raise our voices and alert the others," the Alpha's voice filled with thrill. Despite all the work they had done, it also felt like yesterday that they had set off together in hopes of a better future and finally it seemed as though the brothers had done what they had set out to do. 

Not waiting any longer, as the excitement of the occasion was swiftly consuming him, the wide-set Alpha tipped his head back and called out to whoever would lend an ear, willing for those that followed his reign to join him, and announce to the world to the first time that the Vale was theirs.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
288 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Breathing was still painful and would likely remain uncomfortable for a few weeks, but Cypress wasn’t about to let that stop him from adding his voice to his brothers’. Nosing affectionately at the underside of Rian and Rannoch’s jaws, he too sang of their triumph. His hollow, almost robotic baritenor walked up the scales with mechanical military precision and climbed carefully back down. Cypress wasn’t a singer and he wasn’t particularly creative when it came to throwing his voice around, but for the first time in his young life, a thrill of excitement and a golden ray of hope smoothed out the pixelated edges of his call and breathed life into it.
A Journey Only Just Begun
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
[table width=80%][tr][td]From afar did the little Lanius child hear it; the official call of his leaders, claiming the very lands they stood on. From now on he did not have to cower in fear alone anymore. He did not have to worry about his younger brother nor about his own well-being. He was free here, a dust speck on the warm winds that blew through their Vale and back into the mountains. He looked forward to seeing their paradise in every season; blooming, covered in snow or with a nice, thick bedding of dead leafs. He lifted his light blonde muzzle up and let his own tune join that of the others'. Northstar Vale was theirs.[/tr][/td][/table]
Follow The Tracks I Lost Long Ago

the oath
207 Posts
Ooc — Siro
Forming one point of the triangle, Rian stretched his forepaws out as the boys huddled together to discuss their prospects. Each one was given a chance to voice their concerns but, eventually, they all came to the same conclusion as Rannoch. There was no better place than here. Rian, especially, was comforted by the barrier mountains that surrounded the Vale. It formed a natural perimeter for them to defend—one most would be less apt to challenge, or so he hoped.

So it was decided. Rannoch rose and lifted his voice to the skies and Rian quickly joined him, his own baritenor a few decibles lower than the Alpha male's own impressive song. Cypress' familiar touch spurred him further, and he threw everything he had into the bellowing tone. His tail waved high as he sang—he formed various notes by changing the shape of his lips and the spread of his jaws. For the first time in his short life, Rian was proud of what they had accomplished. Together, nothing could stop them. 

The Valeians were home.
As ruthless as it all may seem the wild cares not for the weaker beings.
170 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
She searched for a place of her own, high above the brat pack, who she was content to let squander in the vale below. No, she deserved a place above them all, where she could look down upon the pack below and keep a watchful eye for any invaders (that was her secondary rationalization). As a mountain-born wolf, she took to the task easily, her callused paws hardening to the stone path as she ascended.

From her elevated state, the howls from below rose to her ears. The young vessel's ears perked in response, and with a moment of deliberation and prodding from Zennyo, the girl's head tilted back and she joined the call, but briefly, her call lasting loud enough to be heard by the others, but quickly dropping off as she continued her ascent.
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer
He was unusually quiet, even when the singing started. The boy stuck by the rear of the gathering and then sulked as their voices filled the air; only joining when he knew he would be drowned out. His yips and gravelly Tom-Waits-Style voice added some strange yodels to the mix, and then he was quiet, tucking himself away.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
The tall grass fluttered across her underbelly as the breeze swept past. The song rose along with the wind and both wrapped around her lithe frame in a very Pocahontas-esque moment. Liffey tilted her chin up, her ears swivelling forward to simply take in the sound for a few moments as it echoed between the walls of their new home. A soft smile graced her dark lips as she picked the song apart to identify each individual voice within. They rang together so wonderfully that it was a little difficult to depict them each, but once she did, she could hear each unique characteristic each one of them brought to this new family.

Liffey lowered her head briefly to chuckle softly out of sheer contentment before lifting her own head to join her voice with the others.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
his crown was ever changing made as it was by leaves and berries of the season
228 Posts
Ooc —
[table width=85%][tr][td]
They are home. The druid drinks in the scents of the Vale, paws itching with his desire to explore all of it’s unsung troves and treasures, to search for a den in just the right spot. His efforts are paused, head rising and ears perking alert atop his skull as Rannoch’s howl is the first to ring out. Others soon join in until they are a meld of voices: all unique and all inspiring. Mato soon tips his own head back and adds his own voice to the song, feeling pride swell beneath his star kissed breast. They had done it; and now that they have claimed and settled he knows he must set into motion to keep his promise to his father: to make the trip back to the Fen and inform his family of where he is located so they may visit him if they wish, unbeknownst that they no longer reside at the Fen; but for now he focuses on further establishing himself with the Valeians.
[/td][/tr][/table]
Swathed in the finest wool
174 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
I am late as shit, oh my god. So sorry, Chan!

There was but a single howl that started it all, which was followed swiftly by the voices of many others. For a long while, the girl was frozen where she had stopped to listen, hesitant but tempted. The Vale, so near was it to her previous home, had ensnared, preventing her from leaving. The thought, accompanied by the whispers of her mother’s voice, pushed her to eventually tilt her head back and point her muzzle up towards the clouds overhead. With parted lips did her voice then escape, as soft as the woman whose existed had nourished her, but not nearly as immortal. Just as soon as it arose, it died out, leaving little more than the whispers of echoes to confirm that she’d ever sung her song.