Northstar Vale loire valley
10 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
When she had broken free of the caldera's borders, sprinting playfully after a herd of deer, it was not with the intention to leave them behind forever... Except, when it came time to dig in her heels and head back towards home, she couldn't stop running; the churn of her legs taking her miles beyond the place she had only come to know at face value. All of her pent up energy— from trying not to shine too brightly, or smile at all the men Finley owned (and merde was it a lot of them!)— sent her careening away from stress, desperate to find a fitting release. And running seemed to be a nature ingrained in her deep.

She fled across meadow and river, chasing the north winds and eastern dawns, and she dashed through miles of plainland, refusing to stop anywhere in the tactless sweep of open field. Though whether this was because the plains were the perfect place for full-tilt galloping, or because she had a tiny bit of agoraphobia was any onlooker's guess. The ridge that loomed ahead of her was daunting and heartless, only challenging her more to climb and defeat it. And it was approaching twilight on her second day away from the Redhawks, that she conquered the sharp ledges and turned to look back at the distance she'd gone.

Too far, was her first thought, ears fanning guiltily. But then she remembered that she wouldn't likely be missed— and as long as she returned with something, a nice stock for their caches maybe, she figured her absence could be forgiven. She looked to descend the way she come up, but something in the valley to her left took her attention. She couldn't be sure of what had caught her eye at first, because in the ever-growing dusklight, all of it captured her. From the tops of the sprawling greenwoods to the shining, snaking estuaries— nothing except for maybe a waterfall, could have taken her quicker. For more than anything else that intrigued her, it was that on all sides there were mountains, like this a trove whose hidden treasure lie somewhere in its keep.

She descended on adventurer's principle, but was staved by the growing scent of a border as she neared it. Half a mile back, and hesitated, her pace slowing and her mind ready to take her back up the ridge when curiosity got the better of her. Was there a way around the pack? Keeping well away from the borders, she began to make a quick hunt in the dark for a way through.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
I'ma just nab all of your threads with all of my characters

The dark of night found Liffey wandering along the ridges that lined her new home, proving once again that some things never changed. The young Blackthorn was and always would be a night owl until the day the stars stopped shining, since they were the only reason she had for her emphatuation with darkness. They were obscured from her view currently, and so she was on the move - searching for a clearing to study them in.

Movement in the black was quick to distract her from her mission. Liffey froze along the borders, peering through narrowed eyes into the distance. When the wind shift, it brought the scent of wolf along to her and she her heart gave a leap as she recognized the faint scent of Redhawk. She'd both dreaded and longed for the day to be reunited with her family - the former winning out and keeping her away. Now that it seemed one of her former pack was here on the borders of her new home, the latter took hold as she gave a short howl of welcome and her paws brought her nearer to the other at a canter.

In her excitement, Liffey failed to realize that this was not someone she knew. Her mind was a flurry of curiosity and wishful thinking, considering only who she wanted it to be as opposed to who it actually was. It was only when she came within speaking distance of the other wolf that she realized this was not anyone she'd ever seen before. The excited hammering in her heart fell to a disappointed tremor as she wilted with each nearing step until she came to a complete halt.

It took her a moment to realize that even though this female wasn't who she'd hoped for, she still needed to probably say something to her what with the staring at each other and all. She cleared her throat and stood a little taller since she was technically representing her pack and all. "Are you looking for something?" she asked, "You're nearing pack lands."
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~